Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Wilson Jones Heavy Weight Top-Loading Sheet Protec..." and save 48% off the $21.12 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $7.59 shipping
Wilson Jones Heavy Weight Top-Loading Sheet Protectors, Clear, 100/Box (W21411)
|Price:||$15.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$5.13 (24%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Heavy weight, 3.3 mil thickness letter size page protector
- Acid free, archival safe polypropylene material
- Nonstick coating prevents ink from smudging or rubbing off papers onto sheet protector
- Available in clear or non-glare
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Style Name: Clear | Size: 1 - Pack
Top Customer Reviews
1) I took one of each type of sheet protector and used them to hold a petition I was circulating, each petition was handled by a very large number of hands. I then compared the two afterwards to check for the condition of the petition and the protectors.
2) I examined the protectors containing the petition in various lighting conditions.
3) I put paper towel inside and then spilled water on them in various quantities.
4) I put paper in them and bent them to see how they protected the pages and retained their shape
****I didn't try stuffing them, I meant to but kept forgetting, maybe I will update with their capacity in the future.
1) Both of the protectors held up well to heavy repetitive use. The pages of the petition remained crisp and the protectors were still in great condition. HOWEVER, the clear protectors had a large number of fingerprint smudges, these smudges were not present on the non-glare sheet protector. WINNER: non-glare
2) In general the clear protectors provided a brighter more glossy finish much like a glossy photo, this looks great for short-term use in most interior lighting conditions (for long term use see fingerprints above).Read more ›
I use them to organize my papers instead of folders so I can see what's inside. I like this version/brand better than some others because this one is Heavy Weight so the plastic won't rip when I stuff things into it.
The protectors being made of non-stick polypropylene prevents any ink smudging which is great for anyone who is archiving ink jet ink photographs. Also great is that these heavier 3.3 mil thick protectors are acid free making them archival safe. I had been using Standard Sheet Protectors which are 2.4 mil, as weight was an issue in the huge books I was making for our relatives. I found smudging was a real problem in some of the other brands of sheet protectors I was using when inserting photographs, so I found it best to use these sheet protectors, if for only just the photographs.
I also use sheet protectors for many other things besides family history and photographs. I use them for archiving magazine articles on collectibles, home-made cookbooks, fabric swatches for my crafting and for holding dress patterns. Over the years, I found the Clear Sheet Protectors are the best for not just photographs, but for everything. The Non-Glare Sheet Protectors have a textured filmy look, which detracts from the pages. Just for the acid free, non stick, clear viewing and sturdiness of these Wilson Jones Heavy Weight Top Loading Clear Sheet Protectors, they definitely earn 5 Stars.
These claim to be “heavy weight” and as far as I can tell after comparing them to my standard weight protectors, they are a bit thicker. I'm not sure, however, that they are so much heavier as to justify their increased price from the standard ones (they are, however, competitive with other brands for their weight as far as I can tell). Either way, they are decent page protectors, and work well. I was even able to fit five pages in one comfortably (not sure why you'd want to, though). Size-wise, they are the same size dimensions as every page protector I've ever bought before, so nothing new there. The holes for the binder are made of a slightly heavier plastic than the main body, which can help prevent tearing, so that is much appreciated.
Well, there's not much more to say. These are decent page protectors if you really want heavy weight ones, but I'm not sure they are so much more protective than standard weight as to justify their cost. They perform well though, so I can't really complain!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We like these selves, heavy duty and thin but not brittle or rubbery. Our local shop quit selling this brand and although others may be just as good we wanted to use what had... Read morePublished 1 month ago by G. Jones
I did not like this product, it is very flimsy and difficult to load.Published 8 months ago by Gloria Hanna
I have used these in notebooks I've made for myself and others for pictures and documents regarding my ancestry search. Perfect. Read morePublished 9 months ago by joakb