5.0 out of 5 stars First Set of Golf Clubs...No Regrets., August 8, 2010
This review is from: Wilson Ultra Men's Right-Hand Golf Package Set Includes Irons, Woods, a Putter and a Stand Bag (Sports)
OK, first let me say that I am a beginner golfer (male, 5'11" and 210lb. ) and to clear up some other questions from previous posts, this is what is included:

1-Wood (Driver)
4-Hybrid
FW-Fairway Wood
5,6,7,8,9-Irons
PW-Pitching Wedge
Putter

Now for the review.

At the moment my favorite clubs in this set is the putter, PW, 5-iron and FW. Maybe those are my favorite because I have the most consistent results with them. Now to the point, the FW is the most forgiving wood I have ever used. The Putter, well I loved it the moment I was able to use it on the green... I look forward to getting to the green just so I can pull this baby out. Love the way it taps and it balances GREAT!!! This is not your typical putter. You will love the way it feels when it hits the ball. Trust me on this one. The PW performs very well. When I'm not using my 5-iron I go straight for the Pitching Wedge (but that could be that I am still learning how to position myself for the other irons).

The bag the clubs came in are already setting up the standards for what my future bag should have. The Driver, 4H and FW all had covers for them. The bag has a towel ring and plenty of storage space. I like the tee holster on the side of the bag as well as it is convenient. Additionally, the Bag Stand is activated when you tilt the bag forward...Very Nice...

I can see myself using this set of clubs for a good while. Today I played on the course with 3 of my buddies and all of them have been playing for years and have commented on how much better I am playing with these clubs than the rental sets. And for the price I paid for it I don't think I could have done better. I am happy with this set of clubs and its making my golf learning experience all the more enjoyable.

Thanks to Wilson for manufacturing such a great beginner (to intermediate maybe) set of clubs. The image is accurate for this set of clubs, but unfortunately they don't show all the clubs in the set. But you can Google another site for these same exact clubs and they have more images that you can check out.

Kudos to Amazon for shipping the product fast. I only requested standard delivery and my clubs arrived the next day!!! But that could be since it was shipped out of Pennsylvania to Washington DC. So its not that far away. It was shipped in the original Wilson box. Everything in the package was wrapped and protected during shipment.

John

5.0 out of 5 stars Great clubs, great price, August 2, 2010
Excellent club set for beginners. The box was a bit damaged, although the clubs and bag were not at all. The driver and 3w are very forgiving, and the irons are well balanced and easy to hit. The putter is great for lining up straight putts. The bag has lots of pouches for tees, balls, etc. and has a loop for a towel. It also comes with a polyester hood that snaps onto the bag to protect the clubs from water and dirt. Overall, a great value for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good enough club set for anyone., June 5, 2010
These clubs are just fine! Taylor Made and ping,etc....those are for pros...most people who buys those have ego issues beyond my help.
Wilsons are more than adequate in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal! trust me!, March 18, 2011
Luis Ramirez (Medellín, Colombia) - See all my reviews
I got my Wilson Clubs five months ago and I'm totally pleased with them.
I began playing golf 20 months ago and the first clubs I used were borrowed and very expensive Callaway clubs. I'm still a begginer but the difference between the two sets is impossible to determine and I keep improving after every practice and every round. If you are a begginner and want to get in love with this awesome sport I highly recomend this set! The only extra things you need to start are: Some recycled balls, a bag of tees and it would be nice if you can get a Sand wedge which I find very useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars My first "NEW" set of clubs. Great set!!, September 27, 2010
The Sarge (Hillsboro, Ohio) - See all my reviews
I picked these up new on ebay for a $100. I've only started golfing. I really enjoy the game. But like anything if you want to get better, practice. I've been using a friend's old clubs that are a top of the line set. Hard to control. I have played a lot better with the Wilson Ultra Set. I can hit the ball far with any driver naturally, so the driver makes no difference on distance, just on control, which is more important to me anyway. I love the irons; my shots are straighter, and longer with the Wilsons. I hit well with a 2 or 3 iron, but I crush the ball with the Hybrid! It's a heck of a lot easier to hit straight. I'll never part with this club. The putter is heavier than what I'm used too, but really cool. The overall quality is very good, the bag is as nice as any bag costing $100 or more. This set would suit any beginner to intermediate, unless you are one of those sandal wearing guys who needs everyone to see he has the most expensive gear. I don't need that, because everyone is always looking at my girlfriend, not my clubs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wilson Ultra Golf Clubs, October 11, 2010
Saturday was my first try, and it was great, clubs are just perfect for me as beginner, So far my favorite clubs is the Big Head Drive 460cc, But the Iron Play really great, and love the Putter to, Great Buy For Beginner's.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent beginners set, October 1, 2010
Excellent set of beginner/hobby clubs. I purchased this set so i didn't have to borrow friends clubs anymore. This has been a great set and has held up exceptionally well to my "learning".

5.0 out of 5 stars These clubs kick butt, September 28, 2010
I'm new to golfing and bought this set as my beginner's. Went out to the driving range for the first time and was hitting them 160 yards with no lessons. I couldn't be more pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice set, December 2, 2010
Hamlet Chen (SANTA FE SPRINGS, CA, US) - See all my reviews
this is ideal set for beginners, the bag is beautiful, but not very easy to carry, anyway, i am total satisfied with this pruchase