Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on April 27, 2012
I have been playing Titlist balls for years. Thought I would give the Duo a try. All I can say is wow. What a great ball. It has changed my game. It's amazing that a ball can make that much of a difference. It might not be the right ball for young guys that can hit the ball a mile, but for 10 handicappers and over it can be the best thing for your game. I am sticking with this ball. Half the price of pro v1 and I can hit it so much longer. Feels like butter off my irons. I hit a my 7 iron 160yds and my partners said it looked like it had a parachute to land on the green that soft. This ball is worth a try. I'm a 17 hcp and it's dropping.Should be able to get it to 10hcp soon.
11 comment25 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2012
I play 54 holes of golf a week and have been playing these balls for about a month now. Up until then I played Pro V1's almost exclusively. I'll probably play the Duo from now on. I'm a 5 handicap and the Duo is probably the longest ball I've ever played. After a few rounds of consistently out driving my playing partners, I gave them a sleeve to try. Now we're all playing the Duo. My local golf pro took a dozen out on the course and hit ball after ball of the Duo and the Pro V1 he normally plays. He told me that he was consistently 10 yards longer with the Wilson Staff. You probably won't get the "click" you normally hear off the driver, or at least I don't with my Razr X Black, but the ball seems to jump off the driver.
on August 23, 2012
I've used these balls for about two weeks now and they have proven to be a great ball for the money. I'm a senior golfer with a slower swing speed so the 50 compression of these balls works well for me, giving me a few more yards with drives, and irons. The ball is soft covered but not prone to cutting easily, but has nice feel off the putter, and driver. Bottom line is I like the ball and will be buying more.Wilson Staff Duo Golf Balls, Pack of 12
on July 24, 2013
I am probably an average golfer. I usually shoot high 90's to low 100's on 18. I bought the Duo because it was receiving great reviews on Amazon and other places.

I was not disappointed. This is a great two piece ball. It feels ultra soft when you hit it off the driver but then you walk down the fairway and realize that it went just as far as some of the more expensive balls. Because it's so soft I feel like I can swing a little harder without much risk of a slice.

The only downside of this ball is that it does seem like it rolls a little more than other balls on the green.

Some golfers will not take this ball seriously because it has the name Wilson Staff on it. I guarantee that if this exact ball had a Titleist logo on it that it would be considered one of the best balls on the planet.

I give it 5 stars.
on October 4, 2013
I normally do not take the time to write reviews but, in the case of the Wilson Duo, I felt the need to share my experience with it. I picked up a 12-pack in the spring. My scores right out of the gate were 2-3 strokes lower. For some reason, after a few weeks. I started using whatever I had in my golf bag, for about one month. During that time, my scores went back up to where they normally would be before I purchased the Duos. I switched back to the Duos. My scores immediately improved back to the 2-3 strokes. During that time, I won two separate hole prices for longest drives,in two serparate golf tournements.I had never won one before. I'm 55. My swing speed is around 95. I normally hit my drives around, 250 yards. I have had one measured drive this year at 291 yards and two others in the 280 yard catorgory My chips and pitchs have also greatly improved. At $20 for a 12-pack, for my money, there is not a better ball on the markets.
on May 3, 2012
Ordered a few of the 2-packs of this ball last week because of the reviews its been getting. They came in on Monday & I took them to the course yesterday.

It turned out to be a great all around ball. Great distance with both driver & irons, good bite around the greens & smooth off the putter. Hard to believe this is not a more expensive ball.
on June 18, 2012
The Duo by wilson is a low compression golf ball that I believe is a 40 compassion and is great for those of us with a slower swing speed.
on February 24, 2014
This ball is easy to compress off the driver and provides impressive distance. I get more roll on my drives than I do with other balls. It has a great feel off the driver and putter.
on April 27, 2015
Best ball I've used yet. The soft feel is just addicting. Say goodbye to the Prov1's. You won't need them anymore. Its weird, but these actually do feel softer and more forgiving on the greens as well. My short game has also gotten a lot more consistent distance wise with these. The compression is always good. They also make a different, more muted sound off the tees. People always comment.
on January 20, 2013
It was suggested to me to play these 40 compression (more like 51 according to the GolfBallTest.org compression chart) during my winter early morning cold weather (l live in California, so I don't have many cold mornings, not even in the winter), then play my regular ball later when the weather starts to warm up. The logic of this idea is sound, but practicality says otherwise. The Duo plays great off the tee. Gets a ton more distance than my regular ball during cold weather. I've played Pro V1, Pro V1x, Z-Star, Z-Star SL, Z-Star XV, Q-Star, B330, B330-S, B330-RX, B330-RXS, and they all perform the way the manufacturers say they are supposed to, but the real problem came when I hit iron shots and putting. I was getting 10-15 extra yards with my irons with the Duo. Feel was impossible to get a handle. I was flying greens all morning. Even putting was tough. The ball literally jumped off the face of my putter. I actually 4-putted the first hole.

Unless you intend of playing this ball exclusively, I do not recommend it, even for a few holes during the early morning. It will ruin your feel game for the whole day. It would be awesome to tee off with this ball, and play my regular ball the rest of the way, but that would be illegal, as far as USGA rules are concerned.

On the other hand, if you are playing a complete round in cold weather, like 50-60 degrees, then this may be a good ball for you, considering that playing 3 and 4 piece 100 compression balls feel like rocks under colder conditions.
33 comments6 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse