Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wilton 2105-1830 Mini Springform Pan, 4 by 1 3/4-Inch
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Size: 4 by 1 3/4-Inch|Change

on November 30, 2008
I love cheesecakes but a full recipe provides way too much for my wife and I. It may not sound it but if you do the math a 6" pan is roughly half the standard 9" pan. This pan is ideal for half of a recipe. Its rugged and non-stick cleans easily. Its a great find at a good price.
22 comments|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2010
Let me begin by first stating that I have purchased 2 types of 4 inch springform pans in the past 3 months, these non-stick pans and the "plain jane" 4 inch springform pans, and boy is there a difference.
I've listed the differences below:
* The non-stick pans are sturdier than the "plain jane" pans.
* The non-stick pans springs are not popping out of the holder as they are with the "plain jane" pans.
* The non-stick pans are not rusting like "plain jane" pans.
* The non-stick pans make is easier to remove the food than the "plain jane" pans.
I do recommend washing and then immediately drying the pans to avoid any possible rusting.
The non-stick pans cost a little more than the "plain jane" pans, but not a whole lot more. They are definitely worth every penny. I would highly recommend this pan to anyone!
on December 12, 2012
Well, I have to say I love this product. When I buy it, I also have the concern that what if it leak? So, before I use it to make my cheese cake, I use two piece of wax paper to cover the bottom plate and then put the side part onto the bottom plate. To make sure it won't leak and water won't go inside when using the shower baking method, I also use tinfoil paper to cover the whole bottom part of my spring form pan. So it turns out that no water went into my pan and nothing leak out. My cake is perfect. So if you have the same concern as I do, just make your cake in my way. Good luck!
review image review image
on January 15, 2011
I usually make my cheesecakes in my 9" springform pan. I wanted these 6" for gift-giving at Christmas. I absolutely love this pan. I bought 2 of them and made my recipe for my 9" pan. Split the recipe into the 2 pans and used the same amount of cooking time. They came out delicious and SOO Cute and Adorable. The quality of the pans are excellent. No leaking. Washed up great. I am sooo happy with these and you will be too!
on October 9, 2008
i had already owned one of wilton's pans, but i needed some more for making multiple cheesecakes for my restaurant. i looked at other pans, but price they were charging for some of the other pans i didn't want to take a chance at getting something i didn't like, so i stayed with wilton and am very satisfied. would recomend highly.p.s. ALWAYS use a waterbath when cooking cheescakes, and they won't crack.
on June 19, 2011
I got the 6 inch, which has worked out for me wonderfully. I always made a 9 inch cheesecake and it has been a bit too big for the liking. So i went on a hunt for a smaller pan and this is the one i chose. I am extremely happy with it.
Exactly half of the recipe fits into this. However, since it is taller than my 9inch pan the center did not cook all the way a few times. But playing with the cooking times and temperatures, I adjusted the recipe to be perfect for this pan.
The one i received, Does Not Leak! I was a bit worried about it from some of the reviews.
Also It is easy to clean.
on October 28, 2008
I have the 3 piece set of this product , its a gem . usually I don't get really bonded to a brand but I seem to have a recent fascination with Wilton. I would recommend this and any other of their products from my reviews in a second.
on August 7, 2015
Rusting after just one day of use! I have used Wilton products for the longest, and always work great. But this one it is just an EPIC FAIL! you baked for an hour or so, then placed it at the dishwasher and it get rusty by the edges..
review image
on November 28, 2015
I have always used springform pans to make cheesecakes with crusts, where leakage was never an issue. I ordered this pan to make the layer cakes and crustless cheesecakes from Clean Eating with a Dirty Mind, by Vanessa Barajas (an absolute treasure for a person with gluten sensitivity), so it was essential that it not leak the batter. According to the reviews, some people have had problems with this pan leaking. Therefore, I held my breath when I ordered it, hoping to get one that did not leak. When it arrived, I tested it with water, which poured right out. I then tried parchment paper, waxed paper and foil separately and in combinations, inside under the ring, inside over the ring, outside, outside and inside, one, two three layers, etc. The water poured out. So I was going to return the pan. But then I learned more about springforms. They were never intended to be waterproof, but most will hold a thick batter. When I tested again with a flour slurry about the thickness of cake batter, voila! no leakage. (For use in a bain marie, place the pan inside a larger cake pan to prevent water from seeping in.)

I did indeed use the pan to make a cake. I put a single layer of parchment on the bottom under the ring. I used an 8" parchment circle, which left a rim of paper I used after the cake had cooled to easily lift it off the base. The pan worked very well and the cake was easily released from the rim. I am now ordering a second, so I don't have to make the batter twice to produce a layer cake.

The reason I have deducted a star is that a layer of crumbs was packed into the base of the rim, which is an open ring. Getting the crumbs cleaned out was difficult and involved toothpicks and the folded edge of a dishtowel. If anyone reading this has a trick for cleaning the pan, please leave a comment.

I believe people have mentioned rust as an issue. This type of pan does commonly rust. For that reason, I do not soak it until about 15 minutes before I will clean it, I dry it thoroughly, and I leave the dried rim and base in a warm (150 degrees) oven for 10 to 15 minutes to ensure that it is as dry as possible.
on December 29, 2008
First the pros:

Looks nice
just the right size for 2 people
Non Stick material

The cons:

It leaks (i made cheesecake, which has a thick consistency). The bottom even spins around even when it's clamped in a "lock" position.

used it EXACTLY one time, it rusted after washing it. In the areas where the metal was folded over to create a lip, red rust appeared after the first wash.When i wiped it with a napkin, the napkin turned red/rusty color. not sure how others would miss pointing this out.

I can deal with the "not leak proof" aspect of this pan, but unless you like rust in your cake, steer clear of this item.

Will be returning it today.
77 comments|43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse