5.0 out of 5 stars Detail of what you get
I couldn't find a good listing of what you get in this kit on Amazon, so I thought I would share the information I found on Wilton's site for other prospective buyers.

Tips:
Standard Round Tips #2, 3, 5, 7, 12
Standard Open Star Tips #16, 18, 21, 32
Standard Basketweave Tip #47
Standard Leaf Tip #67
Standard Petal Tips #101, 103,...
Published on November 26, 2011 by Dragonling's Mommy

3.0 out of 5 stars Waiting on a replacement
I really liked the kit overall but it arrived with missing pieces. All of the tips were missing as well as the flower nail. I've started the process of returning the defective kit and Amazon is shipping me a new one. Very hopeful the new kit as all of it's parts. It was a Christmas gift for my daughter and she was kind of disappointed she couldn't use it right away.
Published 8 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Detail of what you get, November 26, 2011
This review is from: Wilton 2109-859 50-Piece Tool and Caddy Decorating Set (Kitchen)

Tips:

8 in. Angled Comfort Grip Spatula
Practice Board
New Cake Decorating Beginner's Guide

4.0 out of 5 stars What a great "toolbox", June 26, 2000
I love to bake. In fact, I baked my own wedding cake. Last weekend, I baked a wedding cake for a friend getting married in Boston, which was no small feat because I live in Virginia! I baked the cake in VA and drove it up, and iced it once I got there. I had to do all the smooth coat and all the detail work right at the reception hall, with people watching. I used all my wilton bags and tips to do the job, but had nothing 'nice' to carry them all in (which would have looked very professional in front of an eagerly awaiting reception hall). After seeing one of these decorator's toolboxes, I rushed to Amazon to add it to my wishlist.
2 reasons it didn't score a 5: First of all, the nice plastic molds for storing the tips do not accept any larger Wilton decorating tips like #789, or any of the longer ones such as #1L. Second of all, the lids to the toolboxes are annoying shades of pastel plastic... It looks like you are carrying around a makeup kit for Malibou Barbie.
Other than that, this is a must-have if you need to travel and decorate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, June 6, 2006
This is a great kit, portable and very well-suited to someone who wants to decorate cakes/cookies but not go all out with wedding cakes, as the largest kit does.

The book is fairly detailed as an introduction, and there is a good selection of tips inside. Even though you cannot store the larger tips on the points, you can however put other small tips in between those already on the plastic points--especially for example Tip #225 which has a little metal frosting guide insert that could get bent or broken if you try to press it down on the plastic point. This would help you keep duplicates or tip families together in quadrants, if you didn't want to keep them just in the straight rows.

I agree about the box colors available--they could have done much better in that regard.

My main concern (and why it only gets 4 stars) is how long the hinge on the lid will hold up over time, since it seems to be made of plastic without any metal reinforcement.

I got mine using a 50% off coupon at the local chain craft store, so even Amazon's price seems rather high to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its the best way to carry around all of your supplies, March 3, 2001
I am sure many of you are like me. You love to decorate, but gosh, where do you put all of the stuff? I have no idea. This caddy is perfect for putting all of your tips in, it also holds your colors, and much much more. There is enough room for several bags, I also keep additional colors, paint brushes, and a couple of cookie cutters in here. This is a roomy box that has been designed for keeping your cake decorating supplies in. This is a definate must for those of us to love to bake.

4.0 out of 5 stars Used/missing and add'l peices added, February 17, 2009
When I first rec'd the item I was a bit dissappointed because it was missing some things from the kit, but after going through it more I realized there were also additional goodies put in there!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Wilton Cake decorating kit! I have used it for EVERY cake! This is a great kit to get if you are a beginner, as it should have everything you need to make LOTS of beautiful cakes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeping It Together, October 30, 2001
This is the best value for your money! It's great for keeping it all together, especially when decorating on the go. I love the pegs for organizing your decorating tips & there's plenty of room under the tray for everything you need to make the cake (except the pans!) I definately recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, September 30, 2007
This is a great set, has everything needed to start decorating cakes. Plenty of extra room for additional supplies too. Easy to understand directions and practice board make beautiful decorating a breeze.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Package, January 27, 2008
This item is AWESOME. About 9 years ago, I took the Wilton cake decorating classes. No one told me there was a kit, so I began purchasing items one-by-one. I loved the classes, and enjoyed them. I wasn't very careful at that time with my items, and many got destroyed. I gave up the cake decorating for quite a while. I have a 9 year old and 20 month old twins now, and always looking for ways to cut costs. I decided I wanted to make my twin's birthday cake this year, and the first thing I thought about was 'Gotta get the entire kit!!'. Since I know I'll only being doing 'around the house cakes' and not decorating for events, I knew this kit would be perfect, with all the basics! Plus if you add up the cost of all the items included, you certainly SAVE money! Always a plus! The color on this Tool Caddy is much better than the color of the one you can buy with no assesories. Buy this item with confidence! I'm sure you'll enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Versatile Kit, May 6, 2009
Not a bad selection of tips, but difficult to store anything other than standard sized tips. Not enough compartments for the dyes (only 8), but they are the right size to hold dusting powder containers as well. I don't mind the color of the box, but then mine doesn't usually leave the house. Overall, my biggest problem was not having enough storage space. I decorate a lot of cakes so I have more tips than there are places and more than 8 colors of dye. And that doesn't include all of my other accessories. One plus is that it has a pre-drilled hole to place a padlock to keep little fingers from playing in the dye

4.0 out of 5 stars A gift for a happy little baker, January 17, 2011
Aurora Crespo (New Castle, DE, US) - See all my reviews
I bought this kit for my God daughter, who is 16 years old, for Christmas.
She loves baking and decorating and she listed a few items on her Christmas list.

I was looking at this same kit at Joann's and Michael's and was going to pick it up and have it shipped, since I live out of state. But one day I was browsing through the Amazon website and saw this item. You can imagine how happy I was not only could I have it shipped directly from Amazon it was also less expensive!!

She called me on Christmas Day and was so excited and started using her kit the very next day.. it had everything she needed to start right away and to learn new decorating methods.. Nice to know that even at teenagers you can still make them happy with a gift that can include others..

It was great!