4.0 out of 5 stars Amateur cake decorator
Published on April 14, 2001 by Niloufar Rezai

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
I think this product is good for frosting cakes, etc. I purchased it to frost bath bomb cupcakes and since the frosting for those is so thick, I could only use a few of these tips. I will keep them when it is time to make a cake or something and pull them out to try. It is a nice set though.
Published 17 months ago by Jenn B

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Amateur cake decorator, April 14, 2001
This review is from: Wilton 28-Piece Deluxe Tip Set (Kitchen)
I just took a cake decorating class and was greatly inspired to try it at home. I found that other kits claiming to have 50 plus pieces were overwhelming! This set, however, is great for a novice such as myself. It includes the basic tips used in class as well as the more intricate ones used to make flowers. Also, I love this set because it is ALL tip -- I already have bags and spatulas and so forth. Other kits are full of things other than tips which one can pick up "a la cart" inexpensively. I also love Wilton as they are the leaders in baking products. Great diversity in this set. I only wish there were one extra coupler.

4.0 out of 5 stars Long lasting and easy to use!, January 24, 2003
Ana Hotaling "saotomeranchan" (Ann Arbor, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wilton 28-Piece Deluxe Tip Set (Kitchen)
I've had my Wilton tip set for at least a decade now, and I have yet to replace any of the tips. In fact, my son once decorated cookies and accidentally dropped the tip down the disposal... and it came out scratched but without dents or bends in it! The tips clean out easily with hot water and a little scrub brush, and they stack neatly on their little pegs in the case. I've never been able to successfully use the rose nail, though, and it could really use several more couplers... especially when you're decorating with several different color icings!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality tools, February 26, 2012
This review is from: Wilton 28-Piece Deluxe Tip Set (Kitchen)
I'm not a huge decorator or pastry person so this sees to most of my piping needs, the box holds them nicely, even when it's bouncing around in a bag and the coupler is nice to have if you'll be doing different shapes with the same product.

The only thing the set lacks which I like to have are the larger tips like in the Ateco 6-Piece Set. Sometimes fine piping just looks silly and you want the 'broad strokes' of the large tips, especially for products like whipped cream which won't hold the tight shapes well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ótimo produto e o vendedor., February 4, 2013
This review is from: Wilton 28-Piece Deluxe Tip Set (Kitchen)
Ótimo vendedor e produto, comprei e chegou muito rápido antes do esperado, vou comprar muito mais de vocês. muito obrigado por tudo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, January 3, 2013
This review is from: Wilton 28-Piece Deluxe Tip Set (Kitchen)
Good quality, fast shipping, well recieved gift.This was what my daughter wanted for her birthday last year. I was thrilled with it as much as she was. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wilton Tip Set, September 8, 2012
This review is from: Wilton 28-Piece Deluxe Tip Set (Kitchen)
I have been doing alot of reviews of late on cake decorating items and have no clue how to decorate or what would be used,I know how to quality control and avoid my wifes well aimed spatula so rely on her input before writing these reviews.In short,she likes these and really do serve their designated purpose and are a must for a novice/intermediate/skilled home baking decorater,my good lady really does a great job with these cakes and gets alot of compliments,not just on the taste/flavor/moistness etc but on how well they are decorated and finished.Along with Wilton(amongst other vendors too)the icing bags,cake rounds,spatulas etc,etc,etc you really can turn out some beautiful,artistic and one off cakes....................I should take some pictures but have failed so far as when we take these cakes to there destinations,(family events, friends houses,parties and the like),the gum flapping stops and the nose bags go on and other than a few crumbs.............GONE.Joking apart and getting back to the point,even if you are a complete novice but want to try decorating,this is a good starter kit or a good base kit to add on to.I am happy with the purchase,so if you will excuse me I am off to the good husbands corner(not THERE often) to watch some T.V.

4.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't contain the most used tips, August 2, 2012
This review is from: Wilton 28-Piece Deluxe Tip Set (Kitchen)
This set is nicely constructed and I like the storage case. But I am pretty disappointed that it doesn't contain the two most common tips. But that's my fault, because the listing clearly states what tips are included. If you're looking for the common cupcake tips, they're not in this set. This is best for cake decorating and smaller designs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hmm, March 6, 2014
This review is from: Wilton 28-Piece Deluxe Tip Set (Kitchen)
Looking at this again I believe that I did not in fact receive a Wilton product...there is no labeling or branding of any kind and the product will rust i you are not careful. Dang, I feel like a sucker!

5.0 out of 5 stars bought as a gift, February 17, 2014
This review is from: Wilton 28-Piece Deluxe Tip Set (Kitchen)
bought two of these as gifts - both persons loved them, has not had any complaints about it from either.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't like it., December 11, 2013
This review is from: Wilton 28-Piece Deluxe Tip Set (Kitchen)
It turned out not to be Wilton brand. It's a cheap brand instead. I was very disappointed in the quality.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›