5.0 out of 5 stars Fun way to display cupcakes
I love this stand! It's cute and fun and sturdy enough to hold candles or other non-cupcake items you'd like to display.

Published on October 16, 2007 by Carissa

3.0 out of 5 stars 1st birthday cupcake holder
Published on August 17, 2009 by Mark Mccaffery

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun way to display cupcakes, October 16, 2007
Carissa (Portland, OR, USA) - See all my reviews

I do find it odd that it holds 13 cupcakes (rather than 12) but you can always add a non-cupcake item to the top tier. For best results when baking cupcakes to go on this stand, be sure to bake them in a cupcake tin rather than using the stand-alone foil cups. The stand-alone cupcake liners tend to allow the width of the cupcake to expand a bit and when they do so, no longer fit neatly on the stand without bumping into the other cupcakes. Baking in a tin or stoneware pan limits the final circumference of the cupcakes, allowing them to fit nicely on the rack.

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect cupcake display for any occasion, December 10, 2005
I have used my dessert stand twice now. I have to admit, I was trying to hold out and ask for it for Christmas, but I had a birthday party a few months ago and HAD to have it. I used it again today for a community Christmas party. I love it. It's sturdy, easy to put up and easy to take down. You even get a little mini wrench to help unscrew the tiers. My only problem is the small pieces...my kids took one of the screws and I can't find a replacement...but I used it today without the top 2 tiers and it still worked. I had people wanting to keep it when it came time to pack up and leave. :0) A must have if you serve alot of cupcakes. Makes a GREAT display.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but not perfect, November 25, 2007
There are two downfalls to this stand: 1) layers of the stand cannot be removed so you are stuck displaying 23 cupcakes (22 if you remove the top which is the only optional layer) and 2) the cupcake slots are so close together that it is very difficult to fit larger cupcakes in properly. I bought some cupcakes at a local shop and was unable to fit them all in. The display still looked great though and I was happy to have it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wilton Cupcakes & More Dessert Stand, September 3, 2009
I bought this item because it looked like a very festive way to display cupcakes for all occasions. I first used it for my 3-year old granddaughter's birthday celebration. I put multi-colored sprinkles on the cupcakes, placed them on the stand, then topped five of the cupcakes with various little Disney princesses. On the top cupcake, I placed a little picture frame with my granddaughter's picture in it. She was thrilled. The display was absolutely adorable. The only complaint I have is that the cupcake holders on the second row from the top are so close together that you really do have to squeeze the cupcakes in and then the sides touch and squish together. Because the holders are welded together, there's no way to bend them out to allow more room. No problem with the bottom two tiers because there's plenty of room. I don't know why the manufacturer would ruin a perfectly wonderful display by making that second row so tight. Otherwise, it's a great item and I'm sure I'll get plenty of use out of it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for mini-cupcakes!, February 10, 2008
I use these for my birthday parties at Tot Spot Cafe. The cupcakes are not super secure so it is easier to place the display and then load in the cupcakes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., May 31, 2007
I love this stand...it's so cute and inexpensive. You can even take off the top layer if you have only 12 cupcakes to display.

5.0 out of 5 stars LUV IT ! ! !, February 28, 2007
Anyone with young children will agree . . .

If you have a kids party, half the cake usually ends up in the garbage.

Now I buy a smaller cake for adults, who will actually eat the cake.

And I buy colorful cupcakes for the kids (cupcakes are so much more kid friendly) and they actually get eaten.

This was a wonderful idea, luv it ! ! !

(just buy extra cupcakes, so you can keep refilling as they disappear)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful display, easy to assemble, very popular!, August 14, 2006
I LOVE this display! Cupcakes are so much easier for little kids to eat than slices. (Let's be honest, it's all about the clean-up too.) This is such a fun way to display cupcakes! The first time I used it at a neighborhood party a friend asked if she could use it for her daughter's birthday. She spelled out Happy Birthday with the cupcakes on the bottom tiers in lieu of a cake. Another friend called me yesterday to borrow it for her daughter's birthday. I'm thinkin' I might have to rent this out! LOL

The cost of the large size made me rethink getting that one. The medium size is just right in that you can use a box of cake mix and cover all the spots on the cupcake tree. Besides if you make more you can always add a side plate of cupcakes or put an additional ring around the table just beneath the cupcake tree.

The tree is very lightweight so you could bring it to your child's classroom with the cupcakes too. (I wouldn't recommend letting them take it on the bus. It would get bent up if not handled carefully.)

Another incentive to buying this was that Amazon was offering $40 credit on your first order if you opened up an Amazon credit card. Seemed like an easy way to treat me to this item on my wish list!

I think I might want to take a cake decorating class now. (They're really inexpensive at my local AC Moore store.) I also heard that in September Pampered Chef shows are going to offer flower shaped silicone cupcake/muffin pans, so this would be another creative, fun way to display the flower-shaped cupcakes. Enjoy!!

3.0 out of 5 stars 1st birthday cupcake holder, August 17, 2009
I think that this served the purpose of "being a cupcake holder". It was cute and easy to put together. However, the cupcakes were not supported that well in the holes that you placed them in. While carrying the cupcakes out at my son's first birthday to sing happy birthday 6 of the 19 cupcakes went crashing down on the patio. It made a funny video for YouTube! So my advise is to leave it stable on a table....DO NOT MOVE!

5.0 out of 5 stars TOTALLY CUTE!, November 23, 2009
I love this product - it is small enough to go in the middle of the table and yet it holds 24 mini cupcakes or muffins or chocolate-covered strawberries. It is a great buy here because I have never seen it in any store! Love it!