Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wilton Angled Spatula 8"
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on September 5, 2013
There is nothing technically wrong with this spatula. I just thought that the blade would be 8", but it is the whole spatula that is 8". Disappointed in that, but it will works, just a lot more work involved in spreading the icing.
on February 18, 2011
I find these icing spatulas perfect for frosting sugar cookies. I have three of them (and wish I had a few more) so each icing color has its own spatula. They are small enough and light-weight enough that they are easy to maneuver, whether I'm the one using it or my 4yo is. I am not a professional decorator but feel like I get near-professional results because this tool makes it easier, which also makes it more fun.
on February 8, 2013
I frequently bake loaf and bundt cakes. I have the Ateco 4.25 by 0.75-Inch Small Sized Blade Ultra Spatula and love it (although the blade actually measures 4.5 inches and not 4.25 inches) but it is too long to comfortably level the batter in loaf pans and narrow bundt pans. That 1/4 inch makes a difference when trying to get the spatula inside the pan. I looked for a smaller spatula for a long time. I finally found the Wilton Angled Spatula 8" and was willing to try it. The Wilton is 1/4 inch shorter than the Ateco. The Wilton measures 8 inches from tip to tip. The actual blade measures 4 1/4 inches long by 5/8 inches wide. The depth of the offset (bend) is 6/8 inches deep. This spatula is a big help when I try to level the batter in small areas such as loaf and bundt pans, for leveling batter in muffin pans or other specialty pans and for icing cupcakes. Although other reviewers expected a larger spatula, the size is perfect for me. I specifically ordered it for it's small size. This is a quality offset spatula. It is not cheaply made. It is not flimsy. Because of the wooden handle, I hand wash it. I have used it almost every day since it arrived. I am very glad I tried it. It is a welcome and much needed addition to my baking equipment.
on January 22, 2014
I grew up using one of these little suckers and trying to get the same quick swipes with a butter knife, or even non-angled spatula, just isn't as easy. This makes it so much faster, and a cleaner finish.
on November 20, 2012
I like this smaller sized offset spatula. I have petite hands and I'm able to have better control with this size than with the larger offset spatulas. Good for smaller jobs like icing cupcakes. The wood handle feels nice and sturdy; definitely not flimsy. Good purchase, good price.
on November 10, 2014
good for cupcakes and cornbread. suggest you get the larger one for cakes. I like wood handles and if you take care of them properly, this is fine. If not aesthetically pleasing to you, get some with plastic handles instead.
on November 23, 2013
Used this spatula just moments ago to smooth icing, to smooth the top of a Louisiana Puerto Rican Yam casserole and to smooth the tops of Louisiana Yam Praline Cloud pies. It worked good for these applications, though I will need a much larger one as well.
on May 11, 2013
nothing to do with icing a cake ... worked great for me to be able to open a MAC MINI the metal seems very strong and the wooden handle makes for a good grip if I were to buy again might get a slightly wider one, but the thickness of the metal may increase that is why I stuck with the one that were not very wide and they fit perfectly
on June 21, 2014
I have a larger, more expensive spatula. Yet, I always return to my trusted Wilton one. Smooths out cake batter so it does not turn into a skateboard ramp or putting frosting on cakes, this thing is versatile. Great to use in more delicate areas of decorating as well.
on January 3, 2014
Even though the size was clearly stated I just felt this item to be smaller than I expected. I guess I thought the blade part was 8 inches, not the entire tool.