Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wilton 6-Cavity Nonstick Heart Mini Cake Pan
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on December 10, 2012
Like I'm sure most people did, I bought this over Halloween in order to make fun individual cakes.

Nice heavy pan, good and sturdy, doesn't look or feel like a cheap novelty item, it is definitely built for real use.

That said, I've found that this pan excels at making cakes for any time of year (long as you can look past the fact they're coffin shaped). Each one is pretty much exactly the right size for one generous serving of cake, and that rim around the outside means it holds the icing right in the middle with a cake border all the way around to keep it in place. Means you can pick the whole thing up and eat it as oversized finger food as opposed to having to carry a plate and fork, its been a blast at parties so far.

Only thing that keeps if from a 5 star rating for me is that it is just barely too small for doing all of one standard cake mix in. Don't get me wrong, you can easily put the whole mix in there and it will contain it all without dripping in the oven, but your mix will rise up past the top quite a bit and require you to trim it back down. If it had been just a quarter inch deeper it would have been perfect.

But hey, this way I get to make goodies for everybody else, and nobody knows how much of the cake I get to eat myself when I'm cutting off the bottoms. ;)
I love to bake muffins and recently I prepared a new gluten-free vegan recipe that I found on the back of a package of Bob's Red Mill 'sweet' white sorghum flour - a recipe for Snickerdoodle Muffins from Elizabeth Gordon's SIMPLY FREE-ALLERGY cookbook - and I baked the muffins in this pan. The results...divine!

While the Snickerdoodle muffins are still warm from the pan, you roll them on all sides in cinnamon sugar. Oh how beautiful these Snickerdoodle hearts are with a glistening of cinnamon sugar all over. And oh how delicious. My mouth waters as I think of them.

If you like to bake muffins or cupcakes, you'll really like this pan. Wilton bakeware is manufactured in China and while I do prefer to buy products made in the USA, the nonstick factor of Wilton is reliable for both perfect turn-out and easy clean-up. The only thing that disappoints me is that after several baking projects in a 350 oven, my Wilton pans have warped slightly. I also noticed how easily the pans get dented and scratched even though I am very careful in my handling. Therefore I must rate this pan 4 stars. Up against my USA-made Nordic Ware there is just no comparison. Nordic Ware is definitely superior to Wilton.

The heart is an apt metaphor for my baking - I love to bake, I love to test gluten-free vegan recipes, and I especially love to bake for my dear ones. I bake from the heart... so what better shape for my baking pans?
on June 16, 2014
Excellent. Perfect for mini tortilla bowls for nachos & our neighborhood store sells many colors of tortillas during the holidays so they will be pretty as well. Black corn tortilla bowl with orange and blue chips. Cut tortilla slightly larger than shape, lightly coat pan with cooking oil, heat oven to 400 degrees F, bake for about 8 min. until crisp.
on February 18, 2011
Why I only ordered two of these for only 7 bucks each, I have no idea. High quality. Easy to use with or without liners, but makes a better heart shape using the pan only. What can you say, great pan for 7 bucks. What's not to like.
on December 6, 2015
Great. I put small skeletons inside. They are large and hold a lot of batter. I filled the center with chocolate frosting and stuck a skeleton sitting inside. They sold out at the bake sale right away and I won a prize for the brownies. They took longer to cook than I thought. You need to be careful removing them from the pan as the thin sides can collapse if not handled well. I will use them for a silly birthday party treat as well as Halloween.
VINE VOICEon July 17, 2013
Having become obsessed with individual sized desserts, I was eager to get this pan and try it out. I think the pan performed wonderfully. The crusts (baked unfilled) cooked evenly and popped right out after they cooled.

The only complaint - and it's pretty minor, really - is that after you have the first crust fitted in, there isn't much space between the cavities to lay the second crust down on the top of the pan to start fitting it into the cavity.

I do have these tips to offer: after you cut the crusts (I used a 6 inch cookie cutter that was just a little bit too big) layer them with waxed paper or parchment between them and chill them. Caveat: too much chilling and they will break as you try to fit them into the cavity; too little chilling and they just flop around. So, experiment with how long it takes to get the crust just right for you. And after all six are fitted in the pan, chill them again before baking. Just 10 or 15 minutes is enough time. I found I could fit two in at a time before the dough got too soft (of course my kitchen may have been warmer than yours - that's a factor, too) and I had to refrigerate the dough and the pan for a few minutes before proceeding.

All in all, though, I love this pan. Have more dough chilling even as I type.
on July 3, 2014
I was really excited about buying these pans - but the cakes really do not come out looking like hearts. I think this is at least partially because the hearts are rounded at the bottom, and the indentation at the top is not sufficiently emphasized. You also have to be careful about how much batter you put in because if there is too little then they won't fill the pans and may get over cooked and if you put in too much then the cakes overflow get attached to each other and make a mess. Overall, these mini cakes are not worth the inconvenience, and it is a lot easier to work with ordinary cupcakes. I think that the slight variation in shape from round is really not worth trying to use these.
on February 1, 2013
This makes some cool looking brownies. I did have some problems with mine getting suck, but I was using gluten free brownie mix and that might have been part of my problem. Regardless, I will likely make them again next year. If they do break you can always try to reassemble them with icing. I decorated some of mine with chocolate skeleton bones and some with cherry pie filling. Be aware that they are also larger then your average brownie.
on January 19, 2015
I came to Amazon to find this since Wilton didn't have this anymore (as I am aware of). I wanted to make mini candy corn cakes for Halloween. All you have to do is spray the pan as usual and fill the cavities about halfway for perfect results. I can't guarantee that will work for everyone. It just works for me.
on July 9, 2014
Disappointing product. I've used all kinds of oils, butter, and fat to try to "de-plate" the cakes. Good luck with that! Also, terrible shape. No need for the "indentation" in the pan. It doesn't add to the look, makes it harder to frost---IF you can even get them to release without losing half the cake.