Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Size: 6 oz|Change

on January 10, 2012
For the casual bottle squeezer these might be fine. If you're hoping for something more heavy (or even medium) duty - move along.

The bottles are made of cheap plastic, the lids don't have a good bite when you screw them into the bottle and the red tip comes off easily. It's almost as if Wilton had the molds professionally produced and then filled them full of the wrong type of plastic. Had they used more rigid plastic things might have turned out better.

Don't squeeze them too hard or material will ooze out of the threads and the likelihood of the whole lid popping off is high.
on September 15, 2009
I had high hopes for these bottles, but I was let down from the first minute. I screwed the cap on and tested them with some water, cap fell off and the water poured all over the place. The issue being the threading on the plastic caps is very loose, one thicker ring and a very loose fitting.

They may be okay for storing things, but flip it upside down and squirt and you've got a mess. I thought I got a defective one and tried another with the exact same result. My goal was to hold simple syrup in them for cocktails but the syrup dumps out into the measuring glass as the top falls off.

Awful product, not even worth the shipping costs.
33 comments|58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2009
I had been searching for a container to easily dispense various cooking oils and sauces. These are absolutely perfect! The only drawback is that the cap is not connected so it can be easily lost (which is why I only gave it 4-stars), but I only remove the cap for a few seconds as I give a pan/dish a quick whirl of oil /sauce. Plus, at least the closure is pretty snug, unlike traditional oil bottle pour-spout toppers. The 6 ounce capacity is perfect for sauces because I am rarely making much and the larger sizes would waste so much just lining the bottle. They even make for easy measuring (sure beat the crappy pour spouts on olive oil and balsamic vinegar bottles) and never spill or waste.
on May 10, 2011
I bought these to put my week's allotment of olive oil in because they are small and I hoped the pointy tip would allow for controlled dispensing. They do work for me but I have to keep a paper towel wrapped around the bottle and held in place with a rubber band. I don't know if it leaks from where the cap threads on to the bottle or what but even when I wiped the bottle carefully after each use it would still be oily next time I picked it up. When I first got them and was washing them I put water in, screwed on the cap, put a fingertip over the spout and squeezed and no water leaked so it's a mystery how the oil finds its way out. Anyway, I'm happy with the paper towel set-up.
on August 17, 2011
These bottles are great for squeezing icing onto cookies. However, they're hard to clean. These bottles are very thin, so dishwashers could melt them - I tried once on the top rack and the cap was turned into a big plastic blob. They also tend to retain strong colors - I put red icing into one of mine and it's now tinted a shade of pink.

I also tried to use these for melting chocolate wafers in the microwave, but since they are so thin, they get too hot to lift after only a few seconds, and definitely before all of the chocolate has melted.

The small red caps are also very small and are not attached to the bottle, so are very easy to lose.
on February 2, 2016
These are GREAT for flood icing. Easy to fill, use, and clean. A definite must-have for your cookie making.

Update: A lot of people seem to have problems with leaks and the tops popping off. First of all, my bottles are branded Wilton and came with the paper retail tag on the top. I have seen bottles at the store that look almost exactly the same - but aren't Wilton. I'm not suggesting a 3rd-party seller is selling counterfeit or off-brand bottles here, but I would check to make sure you're getting real Wilton bottles.

I only use these to flood fill icing and haven't had a failure yet, but I always squeeze from the center and as my icing is for flood filling, it doesn't take great force to get what I need. The bottles are made from very soft plastic, so if you squeeze close to the top, it can pull at the top of the bottle - that could easily cause the top to come off. I wouldn't use them for warm products or hard decorators icing, though.

I haven't had any leaks at the threads, but during a project, I do often check the top to make sure it's tightly secured. I have had to re-tighten them a time or two - perhaps I'm unknowingly unscrewing it a bit when I wipe the tips? Not sure. On my set, the red tips snap on securely so I haven't had problems with leaks there. I have intentionally laid a bottle on its side for an hour, and it didn't leak for me.

Although my experience is limited to flood filling with icing, I do know I would not even consider using these with warm/hot stuff. The plastic is already soft and pliable, so I'm not surprised they melt. If I was selling these, I would market them for cool/cold use.

As for staining, I used red-red gel coloring for Christmas and Valentine's cookies, and it didn't stain the bottles. Perhaps different brands of coloring adhere to the plastic, but it hasn't happened with the gel I use. I do use a bottle brush to clean them, and have a bottle brush specifically set aside for these bottles only so I don't get anything oily in them. See photo - bottle used for red-red flood filling. All I did was wash the top with warm water and it came perfectly clean. (Note the Wilton brand on the left/center of bottle.)

So...Wilton, if you're listening, my non-engineering mind says if you made the top and threading part of the bottle more study (thicker plastic perhaps?), test and recommend a maximum temperature for candy use, many of the problems described here could be resolved.
review image
on November 20, 2015
Used these to pour melted chocolate into shapes for batman themed cookies and cake. Worked great, kept the chocolate warm enough, and did not melt when I placed them into a pot of hot water in the stove to reheat. The lids have a nice seal and do not let the water into the bottle when submerged. Easy to use.
review image
on December 25, 2011
I purchased these to use for decorating cut out cookies this year for Christmas. I have never really done the intricate cookies that require "flooding" with royal icing- but these worked great for that. They seem sturdy. I'm sure with proper care they will last awhile.
on December 30, 2011
I used one of these to hold a caramel sauce. I microwaved it for 30 seconds and a hole melted in the bottom of the bottle. I don't know what that was about but I expected them to be more robust. I've been warming up sauces in the other bottle by dipping them in hot water and basically babying it. I wish these had thicker plastic.
on February 28, 2013
two easy squeeze 6 oz. bottles.

perfect for: chocolate syrup, honey, jam & cream icing.

not good for: olive oil, salad dressings or granulated sugar.