AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer

Size: 8 Ounce|Change

on January 12, 2013
Printed on the can it says "Can be used as an egg white substitute in baking", so I purchased a can so I wouldn't be left with unused yolks. However, this product contains more than just dried egg whites, and it changed the flavor of my recipes. I also used it to create a batch of meringue cookies, and they were too sweet to eat. I ended up throwing them out. Here is the ingredient list from the can (in this order): Corn starch, egg whites, sugar, gum arabic, calcium sulfate, citric acid, cream of tartar, artificial flavors, silicon dioxide.
44 comments|175 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2010
I regularly use this in my butter cream icing, and it helps the icing set-up so it's not sticky. If you accidentally bump into your decorated cake, the damage is less noticeable if the icing was made with meringue powder, and many times can be repaired with a tooth pick. Because it takes the stickiness out of the icing, you can achieve a nice smooth top and sides with ease. Before adding the decorative elements, give the plain iced cake a while to dry then you can place a piece of waxed paper under your hand and slide it over the cake to smooth out the icing. Works well on the sides of the cake, too. It gives you a very professional look, removing the lines from the spatula, and I always receive praise on how smooth my icing is. The price on Amazon is also quite a bit lower than my local craft store.
11 comment|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2010
Well its meringue powder, you don't buy it for the taste but for the stability it provides frostings and a dollar per once is about the right price for a home baker (out the door price).

This is a high quality product, and does what it sets out to do, replaces raw egg whites so you don't have to worry about salmonella poisoning from your royal icing.
on August 18, 2011
Making royal icing is now quick and painless. I HIGHLY recommend to anyone who makes cakes, etc. on a regular basis. Just make sure you have a powerful enough mixer for the job. It is thick and must be beaten for 10+ minutes to make icing. Use one that is 300 Watts or more.
on August 27, 2013
I grew up with pavlova (which is a meringue base, topped with fresh whipped cream and diced/sliced fresh fruit). Well this product took the frustration out of making meringue from scratch, as I usually under/over whipped the egg whites and landed with a flat meringue to dress up.. Not any more!
My "Pav's" sit up perfectly everytime!
Wilton Meringue Powder is also great to use in Gluten Free recipes. Every household should carry at least one can! :)
review image
on September 29, 2015
I use this for making royal icing for decorating sugar cookies. It works perfectly. Amazon has a great price and makes it more convenient to get.
review image
on December 27, 2013
I am new to the whole cookie baking scene and for some unknown reason turned into a cookie baking machine this Christmas. I purchased this can of Wilton Meringue Powder to make Royal Icing for the first time and based on the expectations of recipe I was using it in, it did a very admirable job. The only negative for me was that I ended up just not liking the flavor and texture of Royal Icing (a little too chalky tasting and took forever to dry) which was absolutely no fault of the product...just a personal taste preference. I have since moved on to a Glazed Icing that I prefer so much more but that does not require Meringue Powder which means I will be looking or another use for this product...maybe a Lemon Meringue Pie or something. I am excited though to keep experimenting and further exploring this delightful world of baking and will "chalk" this up to a great learning experience. Happy Baking!
This is a great product. I've found that it keeps pretty well under normal conditions, which is nice since I don't bake as often as I would like. It makes preparing classic royal icing a breeze and has a nice neutral flavor.
on April 10, 2016
This does exactly what it was made to do. It won't smooth your wrinkles or make your butt smaller (probably shouldn't buy anything with meringue on the label if that's the goal) or get your jackhole husband to, just once, get his remote control collection corralled so humans can use the coffee table....

...but it will help you make some lovely, stable meringue and icing to top all the baked goods you're going to eat. After all, you deserve a treat so why not have the fluffier meringue and well-seasoned icing possible? If, like me, you have absolutely had it with policing the calories and carbs while your SO helps himself to an entire bag of domino's and doesn't bother to stiffer the crumbs or get the dust off his chin - then this can is for you!

So here's to wilton and their fine product, will undoubtedly buy again.
on December 30, 2014
There is nothing overly exciting about this product, not necessarily a bad thing. We used it for our Christmas sugar cookies and it worked as we expected it to. Followed the directions for Royal Icing as included in the package and had no issues. We froze a few cookies to ensure they were still fresh and the icing held up wonderfully. I would recommend this brand of Meringue Powder because I have never had trouble with it,