4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what you Expect
With this product there are no surprises. These are the exact "sparkles" (they look almost like tiny, tiny squares of pink plastic that you might wrap an Easter basket in, only about 1/4 of the thickness) you see in Michael's or other craft stores. They're cute, eatable and I think worth the price.
Published on July 9, 2012 by KLM

1.0 out of 5 stars Edible is a questionable term
I was so excited about these sprinkles for my cupcake decorating needs... that is until i tried a cupcake that i had LIGHTLY dusted with the glitter.

It feels like tiny razors in your mouth and absolutely ruins the texture of your baked goods. Go natural, dump these "edible" flakes.
Published on April 26, 2011 by Melissamarie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Edible is a questionable term, April 26, 2011
This review is from: Wilton Red Cake Sparkles (Kitchen)

2.0 out of 5 stars Sprinkles, January 8, 2012
These sprinkles do not taste good at all. Especially if you eat what you decorate right after you decorate it. Not that impressed

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what you Expect, July 9, 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that Sparkly, September 27, 2011
I thought these would sparkle a lot more. I sprinkled them on frosting but you could barely tell they were there. I guess I can only use them on white frosting to get the best result. Next time I will get edible glitter instead or disco dust.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but tasteless, November 18, 2009
These sparkles work very well as cake decor, but be aware that they have no taste. They are edible, but I usually use decor that is sweet, or made of types of candy, and these were just there. Don't worry, they're inoffensive! You barely notice their existence, flavor and texture-wise. They are just for pretty. And for that, they're great! The tiny bottle also gives you more glitter than you might think. I glitterated 18 cupcakes with one half of one bottle. A great deal!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, January 18, 2013
V. Seger (baltimore,md) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wilton White Cake Sparkles (Kitchen)
sparkes always a good choice...we use this every year when making our gingerbread houses as the sparkle in the snow!

3.0 out of 5 stars Vibrant sparkles that don't add much sparkle., December 9, 2011
Like other reviewers have pointed out, these are not sparkles. They just add a little shimmer. The flakes are large, not glittery. No taste or crunch either. They just kind of fall on icing and look like really thin shards of glass. Not pretty, just shiny purple. My mother-in-law thought it was plastic that fell on the cupcake and was picking it off until I told her what it was. Not very impressive!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not noticeable, November 8, 2011
This review is from: Wilton White Cake Sparkles (Kitchen)
I used this sparkle for my daughter's birthday cake, but the sparlkes did not show at all so its just a waste of time unless you are putting it on a dark color cake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Silver Sprinkles, October 27, 2009
I had to have these Sprinkles!
It's a rare color to find & I love it!
Looks beautiful on Cakes!

4.0 out of 5 stars Rich Color and Sparkle, December 11, 2012
Cake sparkles are intended to give just that; a bit of twinkling color. If used alone, the impact is subtle. If you want to enhance the effect, use them in conjunction with a purple or lavender color underneath. I use them with royal icing (it hardens) on cookies. After spreading the icing, immediately sprinkle the sparkles on top. The icing will hold them in place. The two layers create a beautiful, richer look. Think of a precious stone. Without being cut properly, the stone won't sparkle. But, with facets and light, it comes to life. That's what the cake sparkles do for your flat icing. I keep a supply of several colors and have never been disappointed with my finished products.

This is not a product that you can taste. It's not sweet. Its purpose is to complement your baked goods, unlike sanding sugars or sprinkles/jimmies.

Wilton consistently provides excellent quality supplies and I've been using their products for about 34 years.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›