4.0 out of 5 stars Quite a bit of bang for the buck!
Included in this set (loosely sorted):

Reptiles and Friends: Stegosaurus, t-rex, brontosaurus, turtle, crocodile, frog, gecko/lizard, pterodactyl (?), snake

Pets and Little Animals: rabbit, cat, dog, squirrel

Sea Creatures: penguin, seal, fish, angel fish, seahorse, whale, octopus, crab, shark

Birds, Bats, Bugs: caterpillar,...
Published on February 20, 2011 by IrishFire

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Large
I had no idea how huge these shapes are. The box is too small for the 50 pieces, you open the box and they all jump out at you. The quality of the shapes is very good, just the size is overwhelming. I was expecting small shapes so that I can put the cookies in a cookie jar, and got these sandwich size cookie cutters instead.
Published on November 12, 2011 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite a bit of bang for the buck!, February 20, 2011
Included in this set (loosely sorted):

Pets and Little Animals: rabbit, cat, dog, squirrel

Birds, Bats, Bugs: caterpillar, owl, turkey, peacock (?), bat, dove, butterfly, songbird, goose, bee (or ladybug), duck, turkey, butterfly, parrot, flamingo

Big Animals and Farm Animals: gorilla, kangaroo, lion, bear, rhino, cow, sheep, horse, elephant, camel, giraffe, hippo, panther (or other big, maneless cat), pig

A few are difficult to identify, but at least 45 of them are immediately recognizable. As another reviewer said, these have a lip on them are are not very deep. I made very thick rice krispie treats by pushing these in as far as they would go, then taking a knife to the edges and reforming the rice krispie treat wherever it was ragged. A less pliable thick media would not have fared very well.

The lip also makes these irreversible. If you have media that doesn't easily flip over, prepare to have all of your animals facing whichever way the cookie cutter does!

And again, as other reviewers have mentioned, these are wide enough that you could cut sandwiches with them. They don't seem to be designed expressly for that purpose, but it would take very little imagination to pick a few out and make grilled cheese more fun.

My set came with 49 different animals and 2 turtles. I can't quite determine which one is missing; it's one of the less readily identifiable big animals. I won't miss it, but if you're planning to have a specific animal by the time this ships to you, it's worth considering that you may get a duplicate instead. I assume such a flaw would make these returnable, but again, if you simply must have panthers in time for the big game on Saturday, it's possible yours could be an irregular set.

This was a gift. I would not have gotten it for myself, but I'm very happy to have them. The rice krispie treats I made were an enormous success. If I were going to have a say in the matter, I'd get the *101 cookie cutter set that's also by Wilton. It has several of these animals, as well as numbers, letters, and holiday shapes for just a few bucks more.

Overall, I'm very glad to have them. A very brief summary:

Cons: thin with a lip, possibility of duplicates in your set, and you can have what I think is a superior set with twice as many shapes for about 30% more at the time of this review.

Pros: There are so many, and they are so cute! Easy to use, fantastic variety. It's worth noting that the only set with more bang for your buck than this one is by the same company.

*EDIT: I recommended Wilton's 101 cookie cutter set in this review without actually trying it. I've tried it now, and I must retract my recommendation! My assumption that it would have the same quality as these cookie cutters was absolutely false. It includes a football that looks like Picasso or Dali must have designed it, for example. The cutters are even more shallow than these, the plastic is flimsy, and the letters are tiny!

4.0 out of 5 stars Big Cookie Cutters, November 7, 2008
Honig22 (Madtown, WI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wilton Animal Pals 50-Piece Cookie Cutter Set (Kitchen)
These are way bigger than I anticipated, big enough to use as a sandwich cutter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value!, March 22, 2012
This review is from: Wilton Animal Pals 50-Piece Cookie Cutter Set (Kitchen)
Another reviewer left a very useful list of the animals that are included in this set - and I wouldn't have bought it without that list! But here is my list which is slightly different - either because I received different cutters or what I think the animals are is different:

Farm Animals: Sheep, Pig, Cow, Horse

Zoo/Exotic Animals: Gorilla, Wolf, Rhino, Elephant, Crocodile/Alligator, Tortoise, Kangaroo, Camel, Hippo, Giraffe (quite a short neck tho!), Lion (a bit odd this one, looks almost like a Poodle with no tail)

Birds:Flamingo, Small bird (generic - sparrow-like), Penguin, Hawk, Goose, Turkey, Dove, Cockerel, Owl, Duck (rubber toy duck shape)

Bugs:Caterpillar, Worm (or snake?),Bat (not really a bug, sorry), Bee, Butterfly

Dinosaurs: TyRex, Pterodactyl, Stegosaurus, Brontosaurus (Diplodocus?)

Water creatures:Crab, Dolphin, Angelfish (Nemo), Frog, Seal, Whale, Octopus, Shark, Seahorse, Fish (generic), Newt (lizard or gecko?)

Home and Park Animals: Teddy Bear (sort of a home animal!), Squirrel, Rabbit, Cat, Dog (sitting)

The cutters themselves are very sturdy and don't feel cheap at all. The container isn't as bad as other reviewers have found, although it is a huge effort to get all the cutters back in!

There is a lip on one edge and other reviewers have mentioned that this means the animals will only face one way. But if you make cookies, sandwiches, icing shapes or similar - then obviously it won't matter as you can just flip the sandwich (or whatever) over. If you plan to use them as stencils for paper, then yes, you'll get animals of one type all facing the same way.

I plan to use this for all kind of things - they would also work as a toy for children to sort into types or colors - if you don't mind washing them all afterwards!

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great assortment of large shapes. A good buy!, November 30, 2013
This review is from: Wilton Animal Pals 50-Piece Cookie Cutter Set (Kitchen)
This is a fabulous set. At less than ten dollars, it is a great buy, and would make a wonderful
item for handing out at Halloween, provided you didn't offer to let the kids pick the one they wanted. Ha!

See below for a great list of the critters included, thanks to Mellonie Mahon.

In my haste while shopping, I found two 50 piece sets of 'Animal Pals' and marched up to the
checkout, excited that I had found two supposedly different sets, and would now have 100 new cutters.
As I stood in line, I realized the canisters contained the same exact animals, but were labeled differently.
If you look on the top of the canister, there is a cartoon key showing the animals in the package. Same set.
Put one set back and pat yourself on the head.

As many have stated, exactly what you find in the package is subject to interpretation and imagination.
To you, it is a Stegosaurus. To another, it could very well be a porcupine. Still yet, perhaps a hedgehog.
Is that a parrot? Or an eagle?
Look! A squirrel. Maybe a skunk.
Is it an alligator? Oh, wait, there is another one with a rounded snoot. This
one must be the gecko. Or lizard. Or newt. Or...

These are nice-sized cutters which can also be used to cut small sandwiches.
Certainly one would not expect to cut a Dagwood with a plastic elephant. Be realistic.
An example of the size is the alligator of 4 1/2" of cutting shape, 5/8 of an inch thick.
(For those like myself, this means they are half an inch thick, plus a little more.) Ha!

If you take the time to read the other reviews, you will find all the information you need,
including the fact that yes, the shipping container is not exactly what you would consider
durable. As your local recycling center if they accept it, and put the cutters into something
else, then get on with life.

Enjoy! This is a fun set for children as well as adults.

List provided by Mellonie Mahon:

14) Teddy Bear
15) T-Rex
16) Wild Cat
17) Song Bird

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, strong, NONstick, large, love them & still strong after 3 years!, January 14, 2010
This review is from: Wilton Animal Pals 50-Piece Cookie Cutter Set (Kitchen)
We use these to make gingerbread creatures. The average cutter is around 3.5" wide, tall or diagonal. The size gives you enough space to really get creative with your decorating. We did not flour the shapes before cutting the dough with them and there were no sticking problems. The dolphin did come out of the carrying case a little warped. I think it was warped because the packaging machine put 50 creatures into one carrying case. Please understand, the carrying case (with handle) is really convenient. I just think the machine that plops the cutters into the case isn't as careful as humans are. I was able to easily put all the creatures back into the case without stressing any of the shapes. I'm planning on using them again this weekend, so I'll try putting a telephone book on the dolphin to see if it straightens out. Either way, we did use it and it worked well. Please do seriously consider purchasing these animal pals. They are a lot of fun. Please look at the image above to see all the animal pals included. Enjoy!

UPDATE: It has been 3 years and they are still in good form and providing bunches of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great multi pack!, November 12, 2010
This review is from: Wilton Animal Pals 50-Piece Cookie Cutter Set (Kitchen)
This is a great pack of cookie cutters. They have animal shapes that coordinate with each other - baby shower animals (duck, bear), farm animals (sheep, cow, rooster, goose, dog, cat), sea creatures (crab, shark, dolphin, octopus, two fish etc), safari (hippo, giraffe, rhino, tiger etc) even four dinosaurs for my dino-loving daughter. There's even a turkey cutter for Thanksgiving. I think the cutters are right sized for decorating cookies and large enough for sandwiches. Great purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Animal Assortment, July 26, 2011
This review is from: Wilton Animal Pals 50-Piece Cookie Cutter Set (Kitchen)
There are a lot of animals including farm, ocean, zoo, and even dinosaurs. They're big enough to make cookies that could easily be decorated by kids and sturdy enough for this as well. They're great for Playdoh as well, so you'll definitely get your money's worth out of them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Large, November 12, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice variety, not very sharp, September 9, 2011
This review is from: Wilton Animal Pals 50-Piece Cookie Cutter Set (Kitchen)
Nice variety of animal shapes.
Not as big as another review led me to believe (I wouldn't use them to make sandwiches, but some of them would be great for canapees).
Since they're made of plastic, it's hard to cut highly elastic dough with them.
A bigger container would have been nice; cramming all 50 cutters back into their plastic home is not easy and requires creative packing skills.
Nice product overall, though.

4.0 out of 5 stars fun, economical cookie cutter set, November 17, 2013
This review is from: Wilton Animal Pals 50-Piece Cookie Cutter Set (Kitchen)
I am doing my best to amass the world's largest collection of cookie cutters. So when I saw these animal cookie cutters, I couldn't resist.

These are plastic but are definitely dishwasher safe on the top rack. I have only used them for making cookies, but I haven't had any problems cutting through cookie dough (I tried several different recipes). I'd say these were "medium" sized cookie cutters; they're definitely not miniature, but they're smaller, on average, than the Wilton Comfort Grip cookie cutters.

Like some of the other reviewers, I'm not sure how the factory packed all these into the cylinder they come in. Try as I might, I have not been able to fit them all back in there and close the thing properly. If you purchase these, you might very well want to get a hard-sided container to put them in. The plastic cylinder is quite flimsy.

I did get 50 different animals. The shapes were heavily weighted towards dinosaurs/reptiles, but there were plenty of other animal shapes in there, as well. I will admit to not being able to identify a couple, but it was a rather fun game to try to figure some of these out.

I used these the first time for a holiday party that had been postponed for a couple of months. Since it was no longer properly Christmastime, I made gingerbread squirrels and sugar cookie flamingos. I made a couple of different shades of frosting for the flamingos and they were so cute, people were taking pictures with cell phone cameras. I didn't frost the squirrels, but they were easily identifiable (in cookie form) as squirrels. (For best results, work with a familiar recipe and know the behavior of your oven and bakeware.)