4.0 out of 5 stars beautiful but tough to print

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but misrepresented
Published on July 5, 2011 by Kristin Shepherd

4.0 out of 5 stars beautiful but tough to print, August 6, 2011
ES Coppola (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I am quite pleased w/ the way the invitations came out in the end, but it was very difficult to get them printed. I only used the invitations, not the reply cards (will use them as thank you notes). The first problem I experience was in formating the paper to the proper size and spacing. The on-line templates were not good. Finally got it sized and aligned correctly. Then it wouldn't print on my home computer (only tried the test pages). I've printed odd size paper w/ my home computer before so I know my printer can handle it, but couldn't get this one to print properly.

Then tried on a printer at work. Got it to work on the test paper. Alignment was fine. Tried the invitations, but they were too thick and the printer kept jamming.

Tried a 3rd printer - heavy duty one at work. FINALLY, success!! I was very frustrated and thought I was going to have to go to Kinkos. The cost of having them printed at Kinkos would have wiped out any savings over printing the invitations on a website like vistaprint or another on-line invitation company.

If you decide to buy these, first cut a 8.5 x 11" sheet of paper in half (5.5 x 8.5" is the size of the invitation). Try to print it in your home printer. If you can't get the alignment correct, don't buy them. If you can, try it on thick paper if you have it. If you can still print, go ahead w/ the purchase. If not, try another brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Custom look at a rasonable price, July 13, 2011
The invitation looked lovely with the eggplant ribbons and pearl detail. However, a lot of work went into assembling the invitations and tying the ribbons was complicated. Mailing the invitation cost $0.20 extra per invitation because of the thickness added by the pear. I also found out that the sorting machines that the post office use had punched a whole in the envelope where the pearl was purtruding and it had torn off the pearl! So in hindsite we should have placed the RSVP card and envelope against the pearl to protect it. Over all I think the invitations were fantastic for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wilton Calligraphy Pocket Invitation kit, August 27, 2011
This review is from: Wilton Calligraphy Pocket Invitation Kit (Kitchen)
Wilton has a website where their products are listed and you can tailor what is written in them accordingly to the occassion. I found this very helpful because that way I did not have to come up with my own messages or worry about centering, etc. the message. They even had suggested things to write. I really liked that they also provided extra paper to print out the message so you would see before hand what it would look like-this helped as I made several changes and helped with figuring out how to print on the actual product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but misrepresented, July 5, 2011
The invitations themselves are nice. Personally, I like the burgundy color, and I feel like that is what was displayed on the box. However, the ribbon and bows do not match at all. While the border of the paper is dark burgundy, the ribbon and bows are bright purple. They do not match the paper; in fact, it looks completely ridiculous and cheap with the two mismatched colors. I'm disappointed that the colors were misrepresented on the box. I was led to believe that everything would be dark burgundy. Instead, I'm stuck with mismatched colors that look cheap and very uncoordinated.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, but blindsided..., May 29, 2012
These invitations turned out beautiful!! I was super excited about saving money by doing it all myself, but I went to the post office this morning to send them out and they required $1.10 postage on EVERY envelope!!! OMG!! The product is great, but I certainly wasn't thinking about postage costs when I was shopping for invites. Totally blindsided, not a fun trip to the post office. I likely would have picked a different product had I realized this up front.

3.0 out of 5 stars They are not PURPLE!!!!!, May 28, 2011
I purchased this because they had a nice shade or purple on the picture but, now that i got them i'm not so happy because they are dark burgundy, the quality of the paper is great and they do look nice but they are not what i expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, March 19, 2011
I bought these invitations for a client of mines and she absolutely adored it. Her wedding colors were fuchsia and turquoise and with the turquoise writing this invitation was stunning! I would suggest this invitation to anyone whose wedding color is fuchsia. There are lots of ways to enhance this kit to make it your dream invitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars String of Pearls, June 6, 2011
I loved this invitation kit! There was plenty of everything -- the cards all went through my printer just fine and there were no problems with smudging, pages sticking together, or the printer not being able to handle the paper. I really only needed one or 2 of the test sheets - and that was really just to see if I like the font/color on the page. It's good to note though, that there are actually 26 of everything (since they come 2 pages with perforated edges), so if you have an extra one - don't worry that you forgot to stick something inside the invite.

I definitely recommend these! Easy to put together, and really nice looking for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review for Wilton Invitation, January 28, 2011
Overall the invitation kit is good. There are a few marks on a couple of the cards and there seems to be only 24 tags in each pack when there needs to be 25. I ordered two packs allowing for a few spares which means I can ustilise the marked cards as additional printing test paper. I am still to print on the cards and envelopes using the template supplied online. I have played around with the templates and they all seem to work well in Microsoft Word. I dont think I will have any problems with printing as the templates seem to set up all the format settings.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very hard to print!, March 26, 2011
While the invitiations were beautiful and good quality, the templates were very hard to use. The type would not line up, you had to start over to make a correction, and the side cards never would line up like the sample. It was very time consuming and stressful to get everything to print and even then it was not perfect. The invitations also cost $1.05 to mail each one. Advice - don't try to print your own invitations. In the end it really did not save much money.

Rate and Discover Movies