Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wilton Dimensions 6-Cup Cast-Aluminum Mini-Hearts Pan
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

94%
Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: A CLASS|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 14, 2009
If you are looking for something to hit your spouse over the head with and your cast-iron skillet is otherwise occupied, this'll do the trick. Seriously. It is pretty hefty for a baking pan- take the "cast" part to heart.

Another reviewer mentioned she baked with this pan at a slightly lower heat. I have found this to be advantageous, as well, I believe because it holds onto the heat. Lower heat gets a more even result while higher heat gets that crusty-on-the-outside-moister-on-the-inside thing happening.

I do not use this to bake cake mixes, so I can't tell you how many mixes you'll need to fill the pan up. The design is such that even if you don't fill each of the wells enough that it bakes up to the top, it still looks pretty. I use this to bake pound cake and also make cakes out of my zucchini bread and banana bread recipes. I usually make a double recipe(my recipe usually fills a regular loaf pan).

These come out especially lovely if you are willing to decorate with frosting stars or a thin layer of icing flooded over the top. If you make carrot cake or zucchini bread, a cream cheese frosting can be thinned out and poured over so the design still comes through- very professional looking results!
on February 11, 2009
I have a great number of specialty/decorative, cast aluminum, non-stick cake pans (45-50 in total), and feel this is another very nice one which I mostly use for Valentines Day. It makes just such nice sized cakes for the individual which I find my family prefers more than a regular sized cake, saying the smaller sizes even taste different than the large. I always spray my decorative pans with a vegetable spray which contains flour, and they never stick. I also, bake pans like this at 325°. You may have to bake just very slightly longer, but the cakes bake better, and more level. Set them on a cookie sheet as well because they'll set on an oven rack more level, and of course, catch any over-flow.
on March 25, 2013
I used the whole cake box mix on the first try and it was way to much!

If you use a box mix, 1/2 of the mix should be used on the first batch. Do not fill more than half full, and that should be the right amount. They should come out perfectly. You will need to make two batches to use the whole cake box mix. From a scratch recipe, a single layer cake would be the right amount of mix for one batch. The design really stands out on baked cake.
I am going to make cornbread tonight and see how it comes out!
Worth the price of the pan!
on January 27, 2014
I bought this as I already have two of the bread pans of the same heavyweight, nonstick aluminum. I made a batch of cupcakes in it, which turned out to be really big cupcakes! In thinking, now, each cupcake was 1/6 of a whole cake. They popped out easily, using only a spray oil. Make sure you don't put this in the dishwasher...you don't want to mess up the wonderful non-stick properties, Just swish out with a little soap and hot water. I kept the plastic liner that came with it, to store it so the finish does not get scratched. A great buy. I might use this for popovers, too, as those, you want big, and my popover pan has worn out.
on October 30, 2011
I love this pan, I can make a variety of personalized heart shaped cakes at the same time. The pan is durable, easy to clean and bakes evely.I will be doing heavy baking in it during the upcoming holiday season. You can make mini puond cakse, mini pineapple upside down cakes, wonderful red velvet hearts and drizzle cream cheese icing on them, I am very happy and satisfied with this purchase.
on July 28, 2015
I used this to make cakelettes with icing piped in the middle. My sister thought they came form a bakery. Very cute and ideal for sharing. I made red velvet cake with cream cheese icing centers, dusted with powdered sugar on top. The top is too cute to cover.
on March 9, 2014
Excellent non stick pan. Easy removal as long as I use spray WITH flour. Not shortening and flour. Lots of little spaces so spray is necessary. Bakes very evenly also. Heavy and sturdy. I'm very pleased.
on February 14, 2016
I stumbled on this Wilton cake pan by accident one day. So I sat in my family room and read its reviews. One of the review wrote how heavy this cake pan was and you could use it to hit your spouse with. I laughed so hard. I decided to purchase it and try it out. I used it last night and my little heart shaped cakes came out beautifully! I thought cleaning up this cake pan would be hard because of its intricate design. It was not. This is a high quality cake pan for an extremely good price. I am very pleased with this purchase.
on February 15, 2014
Bit difficult to remove cakes from pan; next time will get a small can or Crisco & take the time to get it into all the cracks & crevices before flouring. Spray just seemed to "settle" in the bottom of each heart. Look forward to making these mini-heart cakes again.
on February 25, 2008
Wonderful!! A perfect match for large heart shaped bundt pan. I have this one too!!