Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Size: 9"Change

on September 25, 2010
I had been trying to roll out molding chocolate, fondant and gumpaste with my regular rolling pins. I was being cheap, why buy new when I had two already?? (wooden and teflon) Well they both kept sticking. I got frustrated and bought this and soooo so very happy I did. It's so much easier! It saves me a lot of time. I don't use the band guides, I'm use to eyeballing it, but the rolling pin itself is awesome simplicity! If you are working with gumpaste, which dries fast, this is an essential! Fondant and chocolate you have more time with.
on September 7, 2012
This rolling pin is great for rolling out small amounts of fondant for flower making. It's compact, easy to handle and has a nice weight to it. It also comes with two sets of spacer rings to help you roll out fondant to an even thickness of 1/8 or 1/16 inches. Be warned though, if you lose the spacer rings, I'm not sure you can find replacements. This isn't suitable for rolling out fondant to cover a cake, it's way too small. It is easy to wash up. I haven't attempted it in a dishwasher so I don't know how it would fare although I suspect the spacer rings would melt. If you are taking the Wilton cake decorating classes, this rolling pin is used briefly in course 2, most of course 3, and for all of course 4. It probably wouldn't be practical for anything other than rolling out fondant flowers (although it might be handy to rap your husband's knuckles with when he is ignoring you).
11 comment9 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 29, 2013
This is such a great item. I love it for rolling out clay for craft projects. It is nice not to have to lug around a larger rolling pin. Very well made.
on March 1, 2012
I like this size for the smaller jobs I do, such as pizza and pie making. Easy to hang on to, smooth to roll across your dough and a comfortable weight. I use it for coconut and almond dough for my "true" gluten free cooking. Not what it was really intended for, but I didn't want wood or metal rollers. I wanted something easy to clean and this does the job for me.
on November 14, 2010
I signed up for the Wilton course and was hesitant to get this product. Although you don't need it if you have a rolling pin, it is helpful for rolling out smaller peices of gum paste to make flowers. It has plastic guides on the ends to assist in rolling the thickness you prefer. The first time I went to cover a cake I realized how important a feature like this was (mine was WAY too thick). Although this rolling pin is small, it is quite helpful and not nearly as clumsy as the big rolling pin.
on June 23, 2015
I got this rolling pin to use for polymer clay, the only problem I have is that the clay sticks to the pin a little bit, but it's nothing too major, and it's easily peeled off without messup anything. There are two rubber guides, they are so handy to have when I'm trying to roll out clay with different thicknesses. It's small enough to fit into my little clay storage box, which is a definite plus. I see myself being able to use this for a very long time. I would buy again.
on April 14, 2013
This rolling pin is great. It arrived quickly. It works great for rolling out fondant or really anything else. I highly recommend.
on October 25, 2013
This is a must have for all you fondant and gumpaste detail pieces that you work with BUY it. thanks
on September 29, 2013
This rolling pin works great for rolling out small amounts of fondant, like for making flowers. The guides help insure that the fondant is the thickness you need and is also a uniform size. This pin is easy to clean and transport. I love it because it's compact and doesn't take up much room--I would recommend this to anyone needing a small rolling pin for cake decorating.
on November 2, 2015
Just as high a quality as the craft stores for half the price and brought to my door? YES, PLEASE! I used this to make fondant ribbons, and gum paste roses and peonies, and it worked better than I'd have thought. No problems with molding lines needing to be shaved off - it's perfectly smooth. Easy to use, easy to clean. Would buy again.