Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wilton Nonstick 6-Cavity Donut Pan
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Style Name: Wilton Nonstick 6-Cavity Donut Pan|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 13, 2012
Today, I baked up a batch of doughnuts using the Wilton Non-Stick 6-Cavity Donut Pan. To ease removing the doughnuts from the baking pans, I used some Wilton Cake Release to ensure the doughnuts slipped out of their nonstick pans. The nonstick release worked and the doughnuts turned out looking beautiful.

Some things to note:

The doughnuts do not turn out an even golden brown. The underside will be a darker brown than the topside. You will see the differences in the photo I've included with this review.

If you put too much batter in the pan, the doughnut holes will fill-in and the doughnuts look more like muffins. To solve this boo-boo I carefully removed the excess baked dough by gently poking out the centers with my impeccably clean fingers.

The pan is dishwasher safe IF you do not use the dishwasher detergent tablets. I use the tablets, not the powdered detergent, so I will be washing the pans by hand.

Finally, I used a baked doughnut recipe found at another website. I did not use the enclosed Wilton recipe to make the doughnuts.

Recommend.
review image
44 comments|251 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2011
My New Years resolution is to be healthier but still enjoy some treats. One of my favorite treats is donuts. This pan was easy to use and clean. No seams so the donuts came out perfectly round. Don't fill more than 2/3 full so the donut holes come out the right size. The pan comes with recipes which helped. I made my two favorite, cake donuts with powdered sugar, and with cinnamon sugar.
33 comments|163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2011
After having looked at these pans online and in the local store, I ended up picking up two of them. The recipe on the back of the package is for 12 donuts and I had no desire to fill, cook, cool, and second batch in one pan; or halve the batch to make only six.

I made my first batch for breakfast this morning and they turned out wonderful. I left half plain and tossed the other half in powdered sugar. They're very light and flavorful, but not greasy like store donuts can be. The pans cleaned up quick as they are non-stick.

I think I'll get plenty of use out of these and am already looking towards chocolate, pumpkin, blueberry, applesauce and endless other possiblilies for flavors.
0Comment|153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2012
Terrific nonstick coating makes removing the cooked donuts a snap. The only reason that this pan is not getting a 5 star review is because the size of the donuts is actually alot smaller than you might think from the picture. They are about the size of a skinny Entemann's donut rather than something you would buy at Dunkin' Donuts or Krispy Kreme. Other than the size of the finished donuts, the pan is terrific.
22 comments|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2015
I use this all of the time and I think I need to invest in a couple more so I can bust out more awesome donuts at a time. I'm completely obsessed with making fun donuts now.
review image review image
on October 12, 2015
I ordered 2 of these pans to make doughnuts with my little granddaughters. They work great. Tip: be careful not to overfill them or the top looks like a muffin. I sent some of the doughnuts we made home with my daughter when she picked up the girls and she loved the doughnuts so much she ordered 2 pans for herself. Fun, easy and yummy!
on January 1, 2015
We ordered these donut pans to use with the "Stonewall Kitchen Gluten Free Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Mix". The donuts came out great! It was truly non-stick. We did not need to grease the pans; the donuts popped right out and looked and tasted yummy.
on April 28, 2011
The pan is alright, but if you want pretty perfectly shaped donuts, than you should buy the Norpro one instead, this one leaves ridges/lines in the donuts from the ridge on the pan, regardless of How you fill them. It is non-stick and that works well. The recipe that comes with the pan is tough/chewy, find a recipe online instead.
11 comment|94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2015
Received the 6 cavity pan as a gift. I put it in the dishwasher one time, then used it once to make (perfect) donuts. Upon taking it out of the dishwasher for the second time, the non-stick coating had chipped away in two places, one of which was covered in bright orange rust. Sure, it makes great donuts, but you get what you pay for in terms of quality. I will be looking in to silicone donut molds, as I do not want my family to ingest whatever is flaking off this brand new pan.
review image
33 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2011
Unlike the more expensive doughnut pans - which reviewers say cook evenly - this does NOT cook evenly. You will have to flip the doughnuts near the end to cook them evenly. It does get better when the pan is hot (so if you are making 12 in the same pan, the last 6 will bake better) but it still isn't quite right.

The recipes included supposedly make 12 doughnuts, but I found that if I divided that into only 12 the doughnuts had a bit of a muffin top and did not fit in the pan when flipped. I found it best to make 13 or 14 doughnuts from the amounts recommended. Also the included recipes did not taste very good and were not very healthy, but it was easy to look online for and make up my own better tasting, healthier recipes.

Once I figured all this out, I was all set to make healthier, much much cheaper alternatives to buying doughnuts!
review image
44 comments|43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse