5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Stars!
I LOVE this pan! It's made of nice, thick, quality silicone, and it makes the cutest star-shaped muffins! It's AWESOME, and really easy to work with. There's no need to buy any more paper liners for muffins or cupcakes!

Published on June 24, 2007 by Karin D.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not 100% food grade silicon
My daughter-in-law has this item - it was included in a set. After using it the first time she noticed white cracks in the material - a tell-tale sign of silicon bake-ware that has fillers added. I expected better from Wilton
Published on February 13, 2011 by Formerly Fatlady

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Stars!, June 24, 2007

It's dishwasher safe, and I love how I don't have to worry about rust, which was a constant problem with my metal muffin tins. Also, they're super-flexible, so you can bend them any which way to store them, or to fit them into the dishwasher, and they always retain their sweet little star form afterwards.

Finally, a couple tips for silicone baking:

1. ALWAYS spray the cups with non-stick cooking spray before filling them with batter. I use the butter-flavored Mazola spray. Just so you know, and you don't freak out when you see it, the pan gets discolored on the top from the baked-on cooking spray that didn't land into the cups. Don't worry, they're not ruined. It's normal.

2. Make sure you bake your food for several minutes LESS than called for on your recipe. I learned that the hard way. Food baked in silicone bakes faster. I wound up with plenty of burned muffins. :( For example, I make muffins in this pan on a regular basis, which are supposed to bake 16-21 minutes. I usually bake them about 13-14 minutes, and they're perfect, golden brown.

Another fantastic Wilton product! You won't regret buying this!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Soap Mold, September 29, 2008
I bought this to use as a melt & pour soap mold. I've had a great time experimenting with the silicone molds by Wilton. Easy release too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not 100% food grade silicon, February 13, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Every Penny!, June 3, 2007
I LOVE this pan/mold! It's made of nice, thick, quality silicone, and it makes the cutest flower-shaped muffins!!

I am one of those people who was very anti-silicone. I had heard stories of how difficult silicone bakeware is to use, and how things didn't cook right and everything stuck to the silicone, making whatever it was that you baked just a useless mess of mutilated baked goods.

I am a changed woman! This flower-shaped pan/mold changed how I look at silicone bakeware. It's AWESOME, and really easy to work with!! There's no need to buy any more paper liners for muffins or cupcakes!

It's dishwasher safe, and I love how I don't have to worry about rust, which was a constant problem with my metal muffin tins. Also, they're super flexible, so you can bend them any which way to store them, or to fit them into the dishwasher, and they always retain their sweet little flower form afterwards.

Finally, a couple tips for silicone baking:

2. Make sure you bake your food for several minutes LESS than called for on your recipe. I learned that the hard way. Food baked in silicone bakes faster. I wound up with plenty of burned muffins. :( For example, I make muffins in this pan on a regular basis, which are supposed to bake 16-21 minutes. I usually bake them about 14 minutes, and they're perfect, golden brown.

You won't regret buying this flower muffin pan! Another great Wilton product! I LOVE it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Haven't baked in it., August 28, 2009
J. Olsen (UT, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wilton Silicone Mini Leaf and Pumpkin Mold (Kitchen)
I buy the silicone molds for my soapmaking. I like to pour my herbal soaps into these holiday themed silicone molds for gift giving. It is so easy to peel them off of the soap after it has hardened a day or two. My only reason for giving this 4 stars instead of 5 is because of the veins on the leaf shapes. The soap must be quite hard to come out of those narrow veins cleanly. (I imagine they could create a problem for baked goods as well.) So either don't use that shape for softer, long cure soaps, or pop the full mold in the freezer a few hours before removing the soaps. Also, don't forget to have the mold on a tray before pouring the soap in if you want to move the mold anywhere before the soap hardens.
The pumpkin shapes gave me no trouble.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for crayons!, July 12, 2011
My daughter and I used this star mold for making crayons. We sprayed it with non-stick spray before we poured liquid crayon about an inch deep into these molds and they popped out very easily once they hardened. It didn't stain from any of the colors and was very easy to clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but not "mini", May 17, 2011
This mold is great quality, but was not what I expected. When I read "mini" star mold, I was anticipating an ice-cube sized star, not a cupcake size.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a ball to bake with!, June 15, 2011
It is so odd to bake with something that is not made of stiff, unyielding metal. My mind just didn't compute it at first. I was actually scared to put it in the oven for fear it would melt! But, no, it really doesn't. I used this to bake cornbread and muffins, and they tasted great.

I spray this pan with Pam Cooking Spray, and that combined with the fact that you can bend this pan like a plastic ice-cube tray means that whatever you bake just pops right out. I love that!

I highly recommend this pan to anyone who loves to bake. And by the way, you can also use it in the freezer to mold ice cream.

1.0 out of 5 stars Other Reviewers Have it Right- Do NOT Purchase for Edibles!, January 27, 2013
I tried everything in these molds from cookie dough to brownies to cake, and not a SINGLE baked item released cleanly. I tried with and without Wilton's Cake Release spray. This mold might be good for crafts, so leave it in the craft room. Also, every single thing I baked, despite repeated scrubbing, tasted like the silicone smells. Gross. Do NOT eat from it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for baby food, November 22, 2010
Great for freezing your own baby food. Each cup holds roughly 6 ounces. I cover it with saran wrap and it does the trick. You can pop each frozen food out easily because the silicone is bendable. Highly recommend this for baby food rather than spending the money on the fancy stackable containers made specifically for baby food. Simply take the frozen molds out when it's done and stick it in a zip lock or other container to store.

Wilton Silicone Mini Leaf and Pumpkin Mold