4.0 out of 5 stars Very Small Sports Ball Pan Set
Published on June 6, 2009 by Lilis

Published on July 14, 2011 by NJ

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Small Sports Ball Pan Set, June 6, 2009
This review is from: Wilton Sports Ball Pan Set (Kitchen)
I bought this sports ball pan set to make a Saturn cake for an Astronomy class. When I received it, I was surprised at how small it was. Although it uses a whole cake mix, it will not feed a class of 25 students. I ended up buying the Wilton Soccer Ball Cake pan which was twice the size and it made a nice Saturn. I used the small sports ball pan set to make a moon of Saturn and the class loved both cakes!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ball Cake Pan -A Little Longer Than Expected, August 3, 2008
This review is from: Wilton Sports Ball Pan Set (Kitchen)
The cake pan worked wonders in creating a sphere cake that worked perfectly to stack on my sheet cake. -The only down side? It took a lot longer to bake than the intructions said it would

3.0 out of 5 stars Require a lot of playing around with before using, but eventually work., July 14, 2011
This review is from: Wilton Sports Ball Pan Set (Kitchen)
The instructions for filling and baking do not work as promised, so here's a simple solution to get what you want. Follow the cake mix baking instructions as they are,, and the pan baking instructions as they are, and place the pans on a large cookie sheet; one large enough to catch the batter that will bake over the top and spill over. During baking, if the outside surface appears to be baking a lot faster than the inside (usually the case), then reduce the temperature by 10 degrees. I just let them bake until completion, cool entirely in the pans, and then trimmed off the excess. Used these pans to make the head of Jack Skellington for a Halloween-themed birthday party for my 9 year-old niece. Worked great, but I had to have about 4 practice runs with these pans before I could get it right.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked out well, July 19, 2009
This review is from: Wilton Sports Ball Pan Set (Kitchen)
My friend makes cakes so I purchased the Sports Ball Pan for her to make my 6 year old son a Bakugan cake (Little round transforming toys)for his birthday party. The cake turned out great! It looked exactly like a Bakugan. She said the pan was easy to use. The only negative thing is it is smaller than it looks on line. My friend made a sheet cake and put the round cake on top of it so there would be enough cake for all the guests.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this pan, March 5, 2009
This review is from: Wilton Sports Ball Pan Set (Kitchen)
This is one of my favorite pans and as a cake designer I have many. The baking time is a bit more than the instructions say.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for belly cake, June 15, 2014
Val2 (East Coast) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wilton Sports Ball Pan Set (Kitchen)
I used these to make the "cleavage" on a pregnant belly torso cake. Worked great with the larger soccer ball for the belly. I put them on a sheet cake to give the right dimensions. Perfect,

5.0 out of 5 stars perfection!, July 26, 2010
This review is from: Wilton Sports Ball Pan Set (Kitchen)
LOVE this item! I make cakes for a living and I use this pan often. It is a great buy!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars exactly what I needed., August 14, 2013
This review is from: Wilton Sports Ball Pan Set (Kitchen)
Packaged great but not very sturdy. It bends easily. Cleans up great without sticking. Was exactly what I needed for my sons cake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wilton Sports Ball Pan Set, May 13, 2013
This review is from: Wilton Sports Ball Pan Set (Kitchen)
it arrived in the box. Still wrapped in plastic, instructions included.
It was clean and just what I needed.
I had no idea it was so small from the pic. So I was a little surprised at that
Used it to make a basketball cake and it popped out perfectly!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's fun, June 4, 2014
This review is from: Wilton Sports Ball Pan Set (Kitchen)
Cake pan works great. If you follow WIlton's instructions, the cake is doable. I enjoyed decorating the cake to look like a baseball and my son loved it!

Wilton Sports Ball Pan Set