5.0 out of 5 stars Item is Great but ...
Published on August 29, 2012 by MarinaVanessa

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard to work with for cake pops/balls
This chocolate is fine if you're making candy in molds, but if you're dipping cake balls or pops in it, it's very hard to work with. It's very hard to thin this stuff out enough to work with it for dipping. I had to add a ton of paramount crystals to get it to work at all. I suggest the Guittard melting chocolate for these purposes.
Published 14 months ago by Jenlobster

5.0 out of 5 stars Item is Great but ..., August 29, 2012
I love this brand and will stick to it. I love the ease of use of the product, I love the taste and I love the colors. The only complaints that I have are not with the product itself. For one I purchased several bags of melts in several colors and they all arrived melted together into a big solid clump. Not a big deal as I was going to melt them anyway but it slowed the process down as I had to break the clump down into portions that I needed. Also I ended up finding the melts in my local Wal-mart (chain discount store) and Michaels (craft supply store) for ALOT cheaper. Purchased on Amazon for $7 a bag and both other stores had them for $2 a bag. Product is great, I'll just be purchasing them locally from now on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't melt???? **UPDATED!***, April 5, 2012
This review is from: Wilton Yellow Candy Melts, 12-Ounce (Kitchen)
I have use the reg. brown colored choc. melts by Wilton, and for Easter I got spring colors, yellow, lavendar, white, and pink. I first microwaved the yellow...I don't know if I did something wrong or what, but it would not melt to the right consistency that the brown ones did. It was way to thick to try to dip a cake pop in :(. I next tried the lavendar and it became a HUGE clumpy mess. I'm so disappointed.
I opened up the last bag I had of the brown ones and they melted great. I then googled what to do when this happens and people suggest Crisco or veg. shortening...which I had zero of in my home, but will buy some to have on hand. I'm thinking that something in the dye used to precolor these melts is stopping them from melting naturally??? I didn't bother trying the white or the pink yet. Brown Easter cake pops look kinda silly.

UPDATE: Ok, I couldn't stand having all these pretty colors and ending up with brown cake pops. So I ran out and bought some Crisco. I put half the bag of melts and a big scoop of crisco into a bowl and microwaved as directed and it turned out like DREAM~!!!!!!!!!! I used it again with the pink and purple and all turned out well. I went ahead and added it to the white, but it turned out a little much and while tasted fine, due to the hot temp and humidity the white ones would never really harden.
So, my advice...have some Crisco in the house just incase! All it takes is a spoonful while you are melting the melts and it turned out SOOO super easy! I changed from 3 stars to 4!

5.0 out of 5 stars little hint for smooth candies, February 15, 2013
I used these melts to make chocolate mustache lollipops for my daughters baby shower. Now I am using them to make little baby animal candies for another daughter's baby shower. They are easy to use, melt great and taste good. One thing I was not happy with is that when you put the melted candy into the mold it is hard to get it smooth on the back. I found that if you gently tap the mold on the counter before putting it into the freezer, the candy smoothes out perfectly. I could not find any hints on the web so thought this may help someone. Unfortunately I only figured this out after most of my giraffes were made. Oh well, they still look cute.

5.0 out of 5 stars Product is great, August 29, 2012
This review is from: Wilton Yellow Candy Melts, 12-Ounce (Kitchen)

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard to work with for cake pops/balls, July 13, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Hope you don't get a tainted bag., March 28, 2012
I ordered several bags of Wilton candy melts to make candy lollipops for my daughters' school bake sale. The bags seemed to arrive in good, unopened, condition, but when I opened them to make the pops I discovered that the melts were almost all tainted with small bits of an unknown substance (see customer pictures). I had ordered them specifically for this bake sale, (well in advance) , but now I will have to return them at my great inconvenience, because it is obviously not safe to use them. Bad quality control!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great item for dipping, but overpriced!, January 25, 2014
Please don't get me wrong, this item is great. However, I will NOT be purchasing any sort of candy melt off of Amazon again. They are so overpriced, which I understand because the sellers have fees and blah blah blah. However, these items can be found at Walmart and Michaels craft stores for literally half the price. Unless you don't have a Walmart or craft store near you, then I suggest you purchasing candy melts off of Amazon. P.S. I love Amazon lol. I just think some of their items are ridiculously overpriced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Used these to make basketball toppers (decorations) for cupcakes., March 6, 2012
Just flipped them over to flat side and drew basketball lines on them with a food marker.

Be aware, if they ship you these when it is warm they may come all melted together (had that experience with
another color). Still usable though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use and Tastes Great, February 6, 2012
I initially purchased these to use with the Wilton chocolate fountain I purchased but another occasion popped up where I needed to make chocolate lollypops for the kids. These Candy Melts are easy to use! Just put them in a microwave-safe container (I used a glass measuring cup with a pouring spout), microwaved according to the package (I used either 40% or 50% power on the microwave). After a minute or so I checked and mixed to see how melted they were. After a few minutes or so the mix is smooth and creamy and easy to pour. I poured the melted chocolate into the molds and popped into the fridge. If making chocolate candies in molds I highly recommend this product. It's easy to use. It melts and pours consistently. It also does not firm up too quickly. To harden I simply popped into the fridge for a few minutes. Side Note: I also used the Wilton Blue colored Vanilla Flavored candy melts to add a splash or color to the chocolate lollypops. I simply melted a 2 pieces then used a small paint brush and painted the blue into the mold first where the mold is indented in places. Oh -- and they taste great too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Melts Easily!, March 21, 2012
I'm going to be making cake pops for my daughters birthday party and I need LOTS of practice ;) I made my first batch and just used the light brown to cover the cake balls. It melted sooo smooth and easy in the microwave. I used a microwave safe deep dish, 30 second intervals (I only used half the bag of melts this time) at 50% power. It was totally melted and smooth at about 1min 30 sec.
It is really easy and tastes good. It went on the cake balls really good except when the cake started to get to room temp and break off in the chocolate. I tried reheating it to make it smooth again, but it was hopeless. The last several cake balls were lumpy...but it was my fault not the chocolates. I have many more colors to try, we can't wait!!!!!!!! Dries really fast! I got mine thru joanns.com and they were on sale cheaper than they are priced here, so shop around!

Wilton Yellow Candy Melts, 12-Ounce
$6.66
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
Rate and Discover Movies