Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on September 17, 2010
Pros:
Works as advertised. I thought it was a really good deal, and it is. If you have the right size screen then this is by far the best option versus a $400 touch screen.

Cons:
1) make sure you have a screen that it will fit exactly on. If it's too big or small it will not work as well.
2) Seems a little buggy. Only works with the main display. Can't use it on the second display, as far as I know. So you have to make sure that the screen you want to use is your main display (which can be changed easily in windows so don't worry, it's just annoying).
on July 27, 2010
I was looking for an affordable way to add touch capability to my lap top. As a home inspector, I use a ckecklist style of reporting software that requires me to click a box here, check a box there, & then over and over again. My mouse is just too slow. While looking for an affordable alternative to the expensive tablet PCs I came across this little known solution. It took some time to figure out how to get it calibrated to my 15" screen as the instructions are almost worthless due to poor english translation. Once through that it works great using the onboard stylus, your finger, a paper clip, a pen cap,... anything you touch the screen with the cursor will follow. You can even keep your mouse connected just in case. The major con is trying to get it mounted and stay in the correct position so you dont have to recalibrate all the time.The velcro straps do not provide a permenant solution. Its best to let it rest on something. Also If you want to close your laptop, you will need to remove this screen. When calibrating using the 9pt selection, point and hold on the yellow blinking dots until they become solid.
Also, dont expect this to be a pretty solution...Unless you are using an 18" screen, This will hang over a bit. Bottom line, I'd rather have a tablet PC, but this works well as a crossover while saving up for one.
on January 12, 2011
I am the mother of a 6 yr. old son on the Autism Spectrum. I purchased this product to enhance and and continue his school work at home. This product is a plus for this who are not yet able to use a mouse.
on July 25, 2011
I have an 18" Toshiba Qosmio and I figured this touch screen is just a made-to-order for my laptop. The product arrived quickly and the packaging was very secured.

Upon opening and examining it, I then realized I could not use it on my laptop, or pretty much any laptop for that matter, since the bezel all around the touch screen is nearly an inch wide, thus preventing a proper fit on just about any laptop since more laptops nowaday would have as narrow a screen bezel as possible- unless you have an old, old model with the screen set in a thick, bulky frame... then again, I haven't seen any old laptop with 16-18" screens either.

I managed to strap the touch screen onto my computer and that would not have been a problem- the problem stemmed from the fact that the bottom portion of the touch screen frame would sit on top of the hinge part of my computer (where the logo is usually displayed) and hiding the whole task bar and START button and everything else near the bottom of my screen, thus rendering it pretty much unuseable for even the most mundane purpose; I have the options of either moving my task bar somewhere else or even reducing the screen resolution thus shrinking the actual screen size and leaving a black border all around- but then, that would defeat the whole purpose of having a large screen laptop; why would I pay for an 18" screen and use it as a 16"!?

I could see this touch screen being extremely useful for an 18" LCD monitor but then, I don't see too many 18" monitors anymore either; everywhere I turn, 20"-21" could be had for less than two hundred bucks. I, myself are running a couple of 21" wide screens as externals and I would gladly put out the money for two touch screen add-ons for such size. But at 18" and with nearly 1" frame all around, I have given it a chance and it didn't work, that was a major disappointment.

Please, please do not add comments to my feedback, I really don't care to be flamed for my opinion and thus, if anyone of you wanted to say something, please, please post your own instead of telling me how little I know or this and that, etc.
on February 21, 2012
Well I'd like to write a review but unfortunately the driver cd supplied with the screen came in two halves so I haven't been able to calibrate it yet. I've spent hours trying to find the driver for Windows 7 but neither Premiertec or Wintouch have it on their websites, and neither of them have replied to my emails. Unfortunately, going to Control Panel / Tablet PC Settings / Calibrate doesn't help, it simply doesn't register the tap (although otherwise the cursor follows whatever touches the screen, so it's "working", it's just an inch off).

So - if anyone knows where I could get the driver or calibration software I'd really appreciate the help!
on December 1, 2011
Wells really well, very amazed. I was not expecting much becuause of other reviews. When and got 18.5" for it, created touch screen for under 200 buck for a pos system. Be nice if the give a any mini usb plug instead of the straight one. Thinking of buying another one.
on January 22, 2011
it really works, good packing, fast shipment, good rate, this made my screen to touch screen and very good to use
on September 7, 2013
Awesome trans formation. Works well and not interfere with your screen or tuners. Sound is not full but can be adapted.
on May 2, 2012
suppose to be you put a Advice notify the monitor not included ! ! ! ! ! !! ! ! !!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse