4.0 out of 5 stars ATV winch
Published on November 18, 2011 by mark twain

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Waterproof
Excellent concept... but this is not a waterproof system. Installed on ATV because I liked the wireless remote. However it has never worked except for the day I installed it. I am sure this is a good winch in the proper environment, but didn't workout for me.

jwt
Published on March 14, 2011 by ECU Pirates

4.0 out of 5 stars ATV winch, November 18, 2011
This review is from: Winch with Wireless Remote Control-3000 Lb (Electronics)
Found this exact model in a pawn shop for 90 bucks, and since I've never had a problem with anything Chicago Electric, I picked it up. Mounted it to my 03 polaris sportsman 400. The one thing I was not excited about was the wireless only operation, too worried the key fob controller would get wet, break, etc.. So I purchased a handlebar controller and solenoid from amazon;
[...]
Mounted the solenoid up under the plastic right below the headlight where its a little more protected from the elements. The winch works excellent, and with the handlebar controller, I don't have to worry about that key fob battery dying when I'm in the middle of nowhere. Plus, I plan to use the wireless control for the rear window in my bronco. I would recommend that if you want the wireless operation, take the control box off and mount it somewhere safer than on the winch.. all you have to do is lengthen the wires from the box to the motor.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Waterproof, March 14, 2011
ECU Pirates (Greenville, NC) - See all my reviews

jwt

5.0 out of 5 stars Help! Directions, February 12, 2014
This review is from: Winch with Wireless Remote Control-3000 Lb (Electronics)
I recently obtained this winch not too long ago. Some one please email me the directions. Opened My box and disappointed with no directions. If you are reading this it would help this winch's life instead of sitting in my closet. Please help it so i can take out to the Arizona dirt and outback trails. Really would appreciate correct directions for this specific model so i can hook up to my Bronco. Thank you for reading this please email me Directions/ manual packet.
aspringer6859@gmail.com.

3.0 out of 5 stars CHECK THE NEGATIVE CONTACTS, January 12, 2014
This review is from: Winch with Wireless Remote Control-3000 Lb (Electronics)
I had the same experience of the winch only working one time after the initial installation. When I found that I wasn't able to return the winch because I had lost the receipt, I decided to trouble shoot. After removing the cover from the control box I found that the covers for the connectors of the negative contacts had slid away, Further, I found that by removing the remote control unit and the antenna away (still connected) from the winch, the winch performed flawlessly. I've put it back together and things are performing as advertised.

Winch with Wireless Remote Control-3000 Lb