Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on August 21, 2012
Seems I always get caught at the office or driving when the rains start to pour. Given the price and reviews, I bought two of these -- one for my office and one to tuck behind my rear windshield of the car. I seem to loose the small, collapsible kind, or they invert with a gust of wind, and this size is too hard to misplace or have someone walk off with. The handle is a "grippy" rubber and easy to hold and the umbrella opens quickly. The size is big enough to more than cover two people under it. I've had them in two torrential downpours, with gusty winds, and they were great. The quality to price ratio is high.
on December 19, 2012
Okay, I've had this umbrella for a few weeks now and after a week of sustained winds at 10-12 mph with gusts to 25+ mph, I thought I would write my review. First off, the quality of this umbrella is surprisingly good considering the price is affordable. The main shaft is smooth and the folding mechanism works very well. Overall, the stitching is strong and seems like it will take quite a beating over more than a few NW winter season. As I carry a shoulder pack and other bags routinely, I appreciate the larger format to keep me and all my gear from getting soaked.
on February 26, 2014
I live in Sacramento. Hardly the gale-force capital of the world. I was out in the rain this evening for the very first use of this umbrella. The wind picked up and six of the main spokes snapped like twigs. It was ridiculous! Half of the umbrella just collapsed. The spokes then pierced the umbrella in a few places. This is such a piece of garbage. In fact, my 4-year-old son was carrying a Rite-Aid brand, $5 piece of crap umbrella and his was just fine!!

Do not buy this piece of junk under any circumstances.
on November 16, 2012
NYC wind and rain storms are brutal on umbrellas. This one holds up to strong gusts without feeling like it is going to bend or invert. I wish the handle would collapse so it could fit in a bag, but that is a small complaint. Excellent product
on November 26, 2013
Pretty decent, is definitely large, does not have a quick button to launch it, you need to dig up in a little to get to the release. I'd say this umbrella would be well priced at 20 dollars.

So less than a week later I used this in a windy rainy day in DC. Ok it was gusty. Can you guess? It flipped inside out and broke 4 different struts, not bent - broke (they are fiberglass). I suspect this would have been a nice umbrella but if it cant take a gust - do you want it?
on December 23, 2013
Okay, I understand that the vents in the umbrella are to help keep it from inverting in a windstorm. But in anything less than gale force winds, all they do is allow the wind to blow the rain into the umbrella.
on May 31, 2013
The person I gave to it is very happy , Fl is well know for the rain and is a excellent for this weather.
on November 19, 2013
Great size. Great coverage. The supports on the inside of the umbrella are a bit flimsy - be careful in the wind. Material is light enough that it dries quickly. Used it twice at a rainy football games. No major complaints -- just need a bit more reinforcements for heavy wind.
on November 13, 2015
Great price, great quality! This is a nice size umbrella. It is very easy to open and close. I had to use this a couple of days ago and I didn't have to worry about it flipping over due to the wind. I would highly recommend it.
on November 30, 2013
It's nice and large, and has survived longer than any other umbrella I have owned in the last 5 years. Chicago may be the 'windy city', but Boston gives her a run for her money for a good portion of the year, and I've lost countless previous umbrellas to the wind tunnel effect around Beacon Hill and Kendall Square. This one is still going strong, despite a couple of windstorms.

The only downside is that when the wind catches it, rather than immediately turning inside-out, it tends to yank very hard. I happen to be 6'4" and mass a fair bit, but I have a suspicion that smaller/lighter people may find themselves either dragged along the sidewalk, or sporting a rather fetching dislocated shoulder...

See 1 answered question