Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
WindPaddle Adventure Sail
|Price:||$130.89 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$39.06 (23%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Our BEST SELLING sail intended for the serious sea-kayaker. This is the sail for expeditions on big water and will be pulling hard long after you are ready to head to shore. The "Adventure" will withstand any condition you throw at it.
- The "Adventure" sail is built tough. The sturdy batten maintains sail shape in high wind conditions and allows for tight reaching, or sailing across and even slightly into the wind.
- Target boat - Touring and Expedition boats 14 - 18 feet Target wind range - 5 - 30 knots (has seen 40+ knots!) Target paddler - intermediate to expert Off-wind sailing envelope - +180 degrees
- Tech corner: Adventure Deployed diameter - 42" (106.7 cm.) Coiled/folded diameter - 15" (38.1 cm.) Sail area - 9.62 sq. ft. (0.8937 sq. m²) Weight - 13 oz. (0.37 kg.) Wind Range - 4-30+ knots of wind. (2-6 BFT)
- All WindPaddle sails launch and fly from the on-deck position. It can be set up for instant self-launching either before sailing or while out on the water so there's no need to return to shore to launch your sail!
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Package Height||2 x 15 x 20 inches|
|Shipping Weight||0.88 pounds|
|Size||Adventure-1 m2 / 42-Inch Diameter|
Top Customer Reviews
The sail requires a confidence building period to develop the temerity to deploy it in really high winds, but that's exactly when it functions most effectively.Read more ›
It excels at being a compact , lightweight piece of gear that is very easy to take along. If you feel like going where the wind is going or if the wind is going where you want , it is A+ in a fairly good wind. You can go off wind but I generally paddle to get me precisely where I'm going after riding with the wind. I added better clips, a compression strap & a carabiner to make it work best for me. I've sailed a canoe for 20+ years with leeboards & a lanteen rig & I did not want all that . I like it and it is close to being mostly what I wanted. It's simple to carry, set up & fold away. The more I use it , the more I like it.
Even more importantly, I want to commend Windpaddle for truly outstanding customer service. Nick (head honcho) there went above and beyond by offering to drop-ship our sails to us while we were visiting Vermont from Montreal. And when one of the sails was damaged in transit, he generously offered to replace it even though we no longer had the shipping envelope in order for him to have recourse with USPS. Windpaddle makes great products and stands behind them. Such a pleasure!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It works as expected, actually exceeded my speed expectations a bit when using with my Sea Eagle PaddleSki: I could go as fast as 10 km/h with moderate wind. Read morePublished 4 months ago by András Puiz
My wife and I used the smallest version of these sails on a 6-day kayak/camping trip in the fjords of northern Patagonia in Chile and they were wonderful—easy to snap open, adjust... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Dan Connell
You're not going to break any speed records with this but it is fun. It's somewhat difficult to fold especially under stressful circumstances but a nice break for going long... Read morePublished 5 months ago by phill072000
Well built, simple design, very lite weight, and just fits in my inflatable stand up surf board bag. Looking forward to trying it this summer.Published 10 months ago by P Shanteau
You will be the envy of all your kayaking friends, as long as there is a little wind at your back. 4 stars because it is a little tricky to stow when your on the water.Published on December 5, 2013 by Richard S. Burke