Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

67%
33%
Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon March 9, 2010
A note about my video review:

1. I decided to do a video review so that I could give others a glimpse inside the book. One of the things I hate about ordering books online, is not being able to flip through them. I hope this review helps!

2. I love the creativity in this book.

3. My one negative is on page 26. I love the potting table with greenhouse top and wish Dean (Author) would have included instruction on how to build this. I LOVE IT!!

Enjoy-
on November 25, 1999
I received this as a gift and plan to give it to friends. Not only are the writers, clear and concise, but the photographers captured the essence and beauty of every arrangement. Each window box was a delight and no season was forgotten. This is truly a favored coffee table book. book.
on April 8, 2008
I own a number of books on container gardening, and this has become one of my favorites. This book gives container planting ideas for each of the four seasons. The pictures are coffee-table-quality, but what I really like about this book is that it gives clear instructions for the planting and care of container gardens, making it a great book for beginners. More experienced gardeners will also find some inspirational ideas. Ther are clever ideas for using containers,as well as instructions for building some of your own. The plant combinations are not only beautiful, but are well within reach of easily putting together, unlike other books that show over-the-top arrangements. It also gives some soil recipes as well as a recipe for making gardener's tea. Drawing from a number of years of experience, this book is a great guide to the world of container gardening. The authors have a number of other good books out, though sadly, Dean Johnson as since passed on.
on September 21, 2004
Mary Sears did a stunning job writing this quaint charmer about window boxes. A lover of window boxes myself for many years, I found this book both helpful and inspiring. Truly worth every cent.
on September 15, 2012
I ordered four books about window boxes and this one was my favorite. It's full of beautiful pictures and reads like a story. I got lots of ideas from this book and passed it along to a friend who enjoys container gardening too and she loves it.
on May 4, 2013
Nothing new - as if a collection of granted beautifully photographed boxes of flowering green that remind you of the many we see in garden magazines. As a nudge to come up with a new idea for decorating the house with plants it could inspire some creative thought but as a guide to copy ideas and if you have been a gardener there is not much new here.
on October 24, 2015
Beautiful, creative, one of the very best!!
on January 8, 2013
Did not read gift, i was told a very good book with lots of helpful ideas. Also many great pics.
on February 24, 2013
The book is somewhat dated.
Still, there are some good ideas, and ideas for different seasons, which is a nice addition.