Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Window Privacy Film
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on August 24, 2007
The film is excellent at giving privacy yet letting sunlight through. However, even though the instructions claim that you need no adhesive, the film really does not just cling to the window. I did put it on a rather large window so maybe that was the issue. Anyway, I used clear sealing tape at the top and one or two places on the sides and it worked fine.
on November 29, 2008
Lets The light through with excellent privacy. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is ease of installation. It didn't adhere as well as I would have liked and I wound up using a little scotch tape - no big deal. After cutting I wetted the window and started smoothing it out and it seemed a little too big so I trimmed some off - that was wrong - the material actually tends to stretch when you squigee it on and shrink back a bit as the water on the window dries - my advice would be to cut it dry and leave it alone. If it overlaps after it has dried you can always trim it with a blade knife. All in all I am happy with the product and would use again.
on December 16, 2008
This privacy film is wonderful and gives your windows a 3-D look. Easily applied and removed if necessary. Put it on basement windows to allow in light but not prying eyes, and on bathroom windows that the builder apparently thought were too high up for folks to see into. Looks great, like real glass. Very happy with this product!
on December 11, 2013
I installed this years ago on a window that opens into, of all things, a shower. It is perfect for blocking the view but still allowing daylight into the room. The shower is not used with great frequency, but the film has not peeled off at all. It still looks as good as the day I put it up.
on October 3, 2008
This is really beautiful on your window and easy to install. This lets the light filter in, but you have the privacy you want. The width and length of the roll was quite sufficient to meet my needs. The easy cutting guide on the back of the film made it very easy to cut to the desired dimensions.
on December 3, 2009
We renovated our basement, and now spend a lot of time down there. We have a tilt in window at ground level, that is clear glass, about 12"x30". I needed to block the view into my basement, as anyone could kneel down and see in easily, especially at night, and this product did the trick! Very easy to work with, you just need scissors, and preferably a squirt bottle to spray the window first. It comes with a little squeegee too, to remove the air bubbles. I found that you do need to measure well, and cut the film just slightly smaller than the space to cover. You want the film to be perfectly flat, for best adhesion. There's no adhesive, per se, but the water helps it to cling very well, like the old Colorforms plastic pieces (if you are old enough to remember that kids stuff!).
on August 13, 2008
This is so easy to use. I use it on windows and on my storm door. Just cut to fit, dampen, and apply. I strategically place it where I need privacy, keeping the upper portion of the windows and door clear so I can see the trees and sky. I especially like it in the evening when people cant see in my house when my lights are on. And during the day it lets in lots of light, just not nosey neighbors.
on August 26, 2014
Provided the cover and privacy we needed.
on November 3, 2015
great
on March 10, 2010
OK.. my fault. I should have measured everything, but this width doesnt' fit ANYthing. NOTHING. Other products I have bought of this type are 24" wide... which make all the difference.

Why is this a problem... well trying to make a perfect "cut" in order to patch pieces together on a window pane is NOT a good solution.. bascially unusable unless you like seams to show.

Easy fix... make your product 24' wide to fit must windows and doors, seamlessly. Adjust the price, whatever.. but make it wide enough to work.

Thanks.