Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS
Windows 8 experiences? I'm interested in how it runs on this, if anyone has tried.
[UPDATED] asked by Jacob Wunder on October 31, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
jaysays.com answered on December 29, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I recently installed the Release Preview on my W500 and its just amazing the difference it makes and the performance this little tablet has. Again was not able to "update" from CP to RP and had to do a complete install. After complete had 14.9GB left on the SSD. Had to download the G-sensor from Acer site and Control program for screen rotation but everything works great. Well worth the purchase for windows 8.
J. Phillips answered on June 3, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I agree with the last guy: Windows 8 flies on this thing. Buttery smooth, the interface is so much friendlier, I'm now a Windows 8 fan (my main laptop is a Mac). Definitely install the Consumer Preview. A tip though: buy yourself a stylus. $10. Makes interaction and handwriting recognition much easier. I'm really impressed with the built-in handwriting recognition, seems snappy despite the slow processor. Also, download the AMD graphics drivers - it's a heft download but makes a difference to the running of the machine, plus allows you to play older games on the device too.
Marco Polo Mint answered on June 17, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
There are a view videos on youtube and websites available.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=windows+8+acer+w500&go=&qs=n&sk=&form=QBLH
Byron D. Miller answered on November 3, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I tried it. It works...but. It's a beta and not ready for prime-time. Looks like it will be more touch friendly. If your comfortable with loading operating systems, try it for the weekend. You can always go back. I did and I'm not a real tech savvy.
Mrs DBH answered on November 12, 2011

A
windows 8 is still in it's nascent stage - i installed and later uninstalled as nothing 'd be done in the present form.....too young for an OS
satisfied with win 7 HP after removing the bloatware works great

anyone know if i'd use a external battery pack for long use ? please advise
ancjob answered on January 24, 2012

A
Does anyone who installed windows 8 have trouble with a very loud fan noise? I contacted acer support about the fan noise and they said windows 8 might be the problem.
Amy Stoller answered on March 24, 2012

A
That was not my experience. It has been a few months though since I tried it. Could be a problem with a recent Windows 8 build?
Jacob Wunder answered on March 24, 2012

A
could be. I'm using consumer preview. is it still possible to download the developers's version? I'd hate to go back to windows 7.
Amy Stoller answered on March 26, 2012

A
I ran windows 8 DP and upgraded to CP when it was released. Acer drivers worked with DP but had to wait for a bluetooth driver for the CP. I love windows 8 and will NOT look back to windows 7. If you are running CP I would not got back to DP because of the missing "store" and other added features and options with CP. The only thing I was sad about is I was unable to "update" from win 7 to DP and DP to CP because the 32gb space was to small.
J. Phillips answered on April 5, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product