From the Back Cover
The world's most complete guide to Windows graphics programming!
- Win32 GDI and DirectDraw: Accurate, under the hood, and in depth
- Beyond the API: Internals, restrictions, performance, and real-life problems
- Complete: Pixel, lines, curves, filled area, bitmap, image processing, fonts, text, metafile, printing, and more
- Up to date: Windows 2000 and Windows 98 graphics enhancements
- CD-ROM: Exclusive and professional quality generic C++ classes, reusable functions, demonstration programs, kernel mode drivers, GDI exploration tools, and more!
Hewlett-Packard Professional Books
To deliver high-performance Windows applications, you need an in-depth understanding of the Win32 GDI and DirectDrawbut until now, it's been virtually impossible to discover what's going on "behind" Microsoft's API calls. This book rips away the veil, giving experienced Windows programmers all the information and techniques they need to maximize performance, efficiency, and reliability! You'll discover how to make the most of Microsoft's Windows graphics APIsincluding the important new graphics capabilities built into Windows 2000. Coverage includes:
- Uncovering the Windows system architecture and graphics system internal data structure
- Building graphics API "spies" that show what's going on "under the hood"
- Detecting GDI resource leaks and other powerful troubleshooting techniques
- Expert techniques for working with the Win32 GDI and DirectDraw APIs
- Device context, coordinate space and transformation, pixels, lines, curves, and area fills
- Bitmaps, image processing, fonts, text, enhanced metafiles, printing, and more
Windows Graphics Programming delivers extensive code, practical techniques, and unprecedented insightplus an exclusive CD-ROM containing original system-level tools, kernel mode drivers, sample code, and generic C++ classes for Windows graphics programming without MFC. If you want to build Windows graphics applications that deliver breakthrough performance and reliability, you'll find this book indispensable.
About the Author
FENG YUAN is a Software Design Engineer for Hewlett Packard in Vancouver, WA. He holds a Ph.D. in Software Engineering from Nanjing University. For the past four years, he has specialized in creating drivers for HP DeskJet printersgiving him a burning motivation and a unique opportunity to understand Windows graphics programming inside and out.