Apply best practices for automating system administration with Windows PowerShell 2.0 and optimize your operational efficiency and results. This guide captures the field-tested tips, real-world lessons, and candid advice of practitioners across the range of business and technical scenarios and across the scripting life cycle. Discover how to:
- Take advantage of new features and cmdlets in Windows PowerShell 2.0
- Plan scripting usage scenarios and define standards Deploy Windows PowerShell 2.0 to desktops and servers
- Configure scripting environments
- Optimize remote scripting capabilities
- Work with Active Directory(r) and WMI
- Design functions and modules
- Optimize input and output
- Handle errors
- Document scripts
- Test and troubleshoot scripts
- Avoid scripting pitfalls
The companion CD includes a fully searchable eBook and sample scripts.
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD:
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to email@example.com.