Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 60 questions
votes
Thanks for the TRUTH. Just another Microsoft bloat-ware gotta-have dont-be-left-out press-here-for-important-blah-blah-blah
Nov 14, 2011 by Carl
votes
No, this is an OEM (original equipment manufacturer) and single use disc for installation on new build. I would also recommend new motherboard and memory if you decide to buy. With 64bit you are not limited to 3GB memory maximum on 32bit systems. I purchased this item because I was dumping all my 32bit windows XP Professional systems and building new 64bit systems with multiple cores and maximum memory. You can reinstall on same computer up to 3 times after that you may have problems activating. Also after install if you change too much of your hardware it will affect your activation. http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/about-licensing/windows7.aspx
Aug 22, 2013 by Mike M
votes
Just a consideration... I recently installed Windows 7 (Full Version OEM Home Premimun) on my MacBook Pro Laptop using Parallels software. It installed smoothly with no problems. You might want to read up on Parallels and do a comparison against Bootcamp. I really like Parallels. Windows runs flawlessly and in full screen if I choose to. I boot up in OSX (Mac Operating System), run Parallel's, then select which operating system I want to run with OSX, which in my case is Windows 7 or Unix. To delete Widows 7 operating system, just select it in the Parallels window and select remove! It's gone in seconds. It's that easy! There is no uninstall. Check it out and do what works best for you.
May 13, 2011 by ahiker4u
votes
No it does not, you have to order Microsoft Office.
May 16, 2013 by Susan Garman
votes
I bought a HP desktop and use this to over-write with it, it didn't work for me(won't format). It required me to have Win 8 OEM to unlock some sort of setting in F8. HP don't included the disk so i did another way... I just bought a Samsung SSD for it. If your situation is like mine, maybe you can do it my way : ) Change from Disk drive to SSD is much faster.
Jul 31, 2013 by L. Jiang
votes
Yes 100% yes, I personally did it. However be prepared youtube has may videos on how and why just be prepared to mess with the drivers for your computer and the bios. Also tech support with almost disown you -source personal experience
May 12, 2013 by The Tech
votes
Win7 uses up to 32g as far as I know. I've got mine set up w dual boot to win7 or xp although when I boot to xp I'm limited to 2g of useable ram.
Jan 2, 2014 by Mr. Jefferson
votes
You need 2 separate keys, so will need 2 copies. I had the same challenge, but since this is oem it is only 1 license for 1 pc.
Nov 19, 2013 by MGB04
votes
It was on the sticker on the outside of the plastic case the CD was in on my copy. It's the windows 7 sticker that goes on your pc when OS is installed if you want to put it on.
Dec 31, 2013 by ziponein
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers