From the Back Cover
Your one-stop Windows Server 2003 resource
Discover the fastest way to migrate to Windows Server 2003 and begin to profit from its enterprise-ready features. Learn how to use the parallel network for migration. Design an Enterprise Network Architecture and follow feature-by-feature implementations. Make the most of Active Directory as an object management environment to remotely configure PCs, servers, users, and groups. This informative resource helps businesses large or small make the most of Windows Server 2003. Its nuts-and-bolts approach is geared toward helping intermediate to advanced users focus on those features most needed for enterprise success.
- Plan the architecture of your enterprise network
- Prepare for massive installations of Windows Server 2003
- Perform a post-installation customization and verification
- Build the organizational unit infrastructure to manage PCs, People, and Services
- Design Active Directory and Enterprise Network IP Infrastructure
- Create an enterprise-ready security environment
- Install PCs by coordinating the OU strategy with RIS
- Cover specific considerations for all server types, including Network Infrastructure, Application and Dedicated Web servers
About the Author
Nelson Ruest (Quebec, Canada) directs a high-level systems integration-consulting firm and in addition he acts as a consultant. He has taken part in numerous migration projects where he was responsible for everything from project management to architectural design, and user and technical training.