Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate [Old Version]
Used & New from: $59.99
Windows 7 Ultimate include both 32-bit & 64-bit? Will the Windows 7 Ultimate package comes with BOTH 32-bit and 64-bit, like the Home Premium and Professional packages do?

Or will the Ultimate comes in separate version packages? If it does which one is the amazon.com's pre-ordering?
asked by A. D. Nguyen on June 30, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 answers
A
Ultimate comes with both 32-bit and 64-bit on the DVD.
Bryan Flood answered on July 5, 2009
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
HAHA I'm so glad you wrote this or I may have pre-ordered without thinking about that.
Robert Duchen answered on June 30, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Not sure about windows 7 but when i bought retail version of vista ultimate it came with both 32 & 64 bit version i would assume they would do the same for windows 7
K. Stout answered on June 30, 2009

A
Microsoft states this on their Windows 7's FAQ, "You'll get both. Windows 7 Home Premium and Professional packaged products include both 32- and 64-bit discs."

BUT, they didn't say anything about the Ultimate version. That's the problem!
A. D. Nguyen answered on June 30, 2009

A
Microsoft's online store says the ultimate version comes with 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Spork answered on July 1, 2009

A
Real good... I was almost ready to give up on the big version of Ultimate if it didn't include the option for the higher-end 64-bit OS. After all, with today's hardware, why bother with the old, slow 32-bit? I'm surprised that 32-bit OSes weren't obsolete after Vista SP1 was released. I run Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 myself, and no troubles here, of course, it's better getting the full version rather than upgrading, in case there's other software that won't make the big switch, installing from scratch is usually better, anyway.
Robert A. Morin answered on September 25, 2009

A
What's the advantage of running with 64 bit rather than 32 bit.
Richard Noll answered on October 11, 2009

A
What is the advantage of running with 64 bit than 32 bit.
Richard Noll answered on October 11, 2009

A
Ultimate comes with both 32 and 64 and it has one license number. So you can install either but not activate BOTH on that license. But tou can call Microsoft to buy an additional license number, let's say, if you have two computers, an old 32 bit and a newer 64. We tried the 32 bit version on a five yr old HP Pavilion with a Pentium 3 and it went very well.
Joanna Daneman answered on October 12, 2009

A
I am a Windows 7 Launch Party host. My copy of 7 came the other day. It has 2 disks - one 32 the other 64. The catch - only 1 licence key. No problem for me but may be for some people.
Elizabeth Etzel answered on October 15, 2009
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product