Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on March 18, 2016
Item was as described by seller. Worked perfectly and upgraded my old XP. Thanks!
on January 3, 2016
I didn't ever figure out why Vista is hated so much. I really love Vista and have had it for a long time, and have never had any problems with it. I know I'm probably the first person in the world to love Vista, but I don't care. I recommend vista to everyone!!!
on October 4, 2015
I can't get the program to load on my computer. It said like new so i purchased it but it has a scratch mark all around the disk so I don't think it's going to work for me. I'm don't know what like new means to some people but to me it means not damaged. What a joke! It starts but can't finish the job, it stops somewhere at the beginning. Not good!
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 5, 2014
The day I walked into the store and saw Vista on a computer on the shelf. I 'played' with it and immediately fell in love with this operating system. Many criticize Vista. I absolutely love it! I've been using it for 6-1/2 years now and we wee meant for each other. There are few bells and whistles to surprise the user just down home simplicity. I use W-XP Pro on my laptop but Viata is my favorite. I've tried W7 (Vista SE?) and I would not ever want Windows 8. But that's me and what I like.
on February 14, 2013
When I needed a full operating system this system was cost effective and functioned well for my needs. It can also repair a system when you have a malfunction with another Windows Vista Operation System. Repaiware is built into the OPS and can unfreeze and repair a fault.
on February 13, 2013
At the time I bought this, I read on Microsoft's website about how the end of the support life cycle for XP was approaching, and I thought it'd be sensible to upgrade to Vista. I ran the upgrade advisor and it deemed my system capable of running Vista Home Basic. My computer has a Pentium 4 processor and 512MB of memory; it met the minimum system requirements. Now, what I recommend if your specs are the same as mine is to use a USB flash drive and enable ReadyBoost; the performance gains are significant, whereas on systems with more memory don't really benefit from this feature. It takes forever to boot (but that's not Vista's onus), but once you're logged in, everything works properly. There will be BSOD and programs may become unresponsive at times, but if you use Task Manager (taskmgr.exe) to micromanage, you can kill the processes of what isn't working or taking up the most memory. I'm considering a switch to Lubuntu b/c it is even lighter than Vista, but Vista Basic is a good entry-level OS, especially for more modern computers that can run it more efficiently.
on October 29, 2010
I know that the program is good. I really wanted it on my system. I, for some reason, could not get my system to recognize the disk. I spoke to tigerlaura about my problem via email and I was handled in a very professional manner. I was able to return it and get a refund. I would buy from here again, simply because of how I was treated. Excellent place to do business.
on September 8, 2009
Many complain about it but i have had no issues with this version of windows.
on August 31, 2009
I just got a machine pre-loaded with VISTA Home Basic on my home desktop. I must admit, after hearing all horror stories and crticisms, I was prepared to dump the OS for my trusty old XP Professional, but after using it for couple of days, I decided to keep Vista.

I can say, for home use, it turns out, Vista is better than the old XP. And why should it not be?

There are couple of things you have to keep in mind though. My new desktop is fast. It has 4GB RAM and a powerful dual processor. Also, the harddrive is 7200 RPM so that helps a lot too.

It has nice features for my home usage. I like the fact that even though I have admin rights, it runs me as a poweruser, so I cannot do any damage accidentally, and more importantly, a program infected with a virus cannot wreck havoc. Time will tell whether this feature works though. For now, I dont mind running programs that need systems access specifically as administrator. Caution: It requires some training and getting used to.

I liked the fact that it arranged all my photos very well. It also offers a very beautiful user interface, better and easier way to search files and contents within files. Programs on your system can also be searched which is easier.

I love the overall user interface, and its pretty fast. I think its important that you have an adequate hardware if you plan to run Vista. Dont run it on a 1GB RAM machine with poor processor. You will probably hate it.

My advise, dont listen to people who said, Vista sucks..It doesn't. If you are not sure, goto bestbuy or Staples, and take it for a test-drive.
on August 31, 2009
worked great out of box and very easy to install and re-install on any computer!!! definitly recommend this OS to anybody.