Windows 7? Does anyone know if this product will work with Windows 7? I know it is not listed as an OS option, but just wondering if anyone has tried it successfully. If not, any reccomendations for a similar product that will work with windows 7? Thanks
asked by Katherine Yancey on August 2, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 20 answers
A
Yes, it works on Windows 7
Norma Horner answered on August 21, 2010
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Another post here. Try going directly to this products website. It does support Windows 7, Vista, and XP. Files are captured in MPEG4/2/1, and editing is made with ULead Video Studio. I can only surmise that the software is included, but the website does not state as such.
http://www.diamondmm.com/VC500.php. NOW, on the otherhand, they make another product that seems to do specifically what both Irish and myself would prefer. The specs specifically state it copies to DVD and includes editing software for most devices:
http://www.diamondmm.com/VC600.php
S. John Sponsler answered on October 30, 2010
Comment (1) | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Does it work in 64 bit Win 7?
Irish mike answered on October 3, 2010
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I've been using VC500 with Cyberlink software to capture old VHS tapes and burning DVDs. Very happy with results. Windows 7, 64 Bit.
Bill_in_NH answered on September 6, 2011
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0oIIE_pRAg
S. John Sponsler answered on October 30, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
S-Video only is a video input/output; you have to hookup the audio input/output leads (red & white connectors)
George O. Huber II answered on March 10, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Diamond VC500 One Touch Video Capture Device
Been reading reviews on capture products for hours now. There doesn't seem to be a product that works consistently converting old VHS tapes to PC, then to DVD. I just want to this conversion of about a dozen old family tapes before they rot.
I have a 64 bit Win 7 PC.

If there is such an animal please submit a post. Thanks.
Irish mike answered on October 29, 2010
Comment | 4 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I bought the VC500 and dowloaded the software on Windows 7 64-bit. Oh, and that is on my iMac! Works perfectly and would work on the PC as well.
David Guzman answered on December 16, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
We run Windows 7 64 bit. Bought this for xmas, drove me NUTS trying to get it to work. The Ulead VideoStudio SE software seems to work . . . but when you try to burn DVD it tells you to click next . . . there is no next anywhere on screen. Read on a forum someone else had exact same problem. A response said the software was NOT Win 7 compatible, no patch or fix. I did burn the DVD with Windows 7's DVD Maker, but you don't have the editing goodies. The actual device seems to work okay with composite cord, lost sound with s video hook up. Hope to find some info or advice on that. Anybody?
USAR answered on January 2, 2011

A
I have been sucessfully using this device with Windows XP Professional. But, when I tried to install on different computer wirh Windows 7 Home Edition, I never succeded!? Someone in the Reviews for this device mentioned a possible driver problem? But, my issue is with the software installation; it keeps asking me if I want to "uninstall" the software. And, if I click OK, it indeed does remove the software. It's in some kind of loop. Any comments or suggestions?
Louis A. Svach answered on March 1, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product