5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, romance without the smut and WITH God's Love
I truly couldn't put the book down. Nikki Arana used her love for God to create a magical love story. I used to read romance novels but I got sick of all the lust, sex and smut. The Winds of Sonoma is a romance novel that reveals the love of God, faith and believing and a true love that exists between man and woman.

Thank you Nikki Arana!
Published on May 30, 2006 by Jennifer of Oak Ridge

3.0 out of 5 stars Winds of Sonoma
Faced with doing something that goes against her Christian beliefs, Angelica Amante gives up her position in a prestigious law firm and returns home to Sonoma. There, she finds herself working to help the very people her boss wanted her to hurt. She also reunites with a past love. Now that she is home, does she have a future with Brad, a man who can save her family from...
Published on October 10, 2005 by AK

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most romantic tales I've ever read..., September 26, 2005
I read many books that I never post, but this one is a must read for romance lovers. The author did an amazing job at making the reader fall in love with the hero and empathize with his plight. The conflict was excellently done and I couldn't stop reading this story until I found out how they made it past all of the cultural barriers to find true love. Since it is based on a true story, you can feel the author's passion about the subject matter, but not in a preachy way. I laughed and I cried. I saw everything through the perspective of the characters, who were realistic, and very well developed. The symbolism throughout the story is also wonderful. I literally felt the hero's love pouring from his eyes whenever he looked at Angelica. I can't wait for the sequel. That teaser chapter one of the next book was mean, though, because it lured me in and now I have to wait until next spring to read it. Grrr...

5.0 out of 5 stars An eye opening, heart warming tale, November 21, 2005
This book is a page turner! I did not want to put it down. It is a tale of sacrificing your career for what is noble and finding the love that God has hand picked. It is truly heart warming and thought provoking.

Angelica was an up and coming attorney. She worked for a prestigious law firm in New York. She realizes that her firm is taking advantage of the less fortunate. As they are about to offer her a promotion she is left with a life altering decision. Should she do what is right or further her career?

Soon she meets Antonio who works on her parents' ranch in California. Antonio is handsome, hardworking and self sacrificing. He is the oldest child in his family. He left their poverty stricken home in Mexico to provide for his family.

When these two lives collide it is a magical story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Love story, a real keeper, November 1, 2005
This heartwarming and inspiring story is romance at its finest because it shows how two people who seem an unlikely match are destined by God to be life partners and will struggle against all obstacles to be together. I noted that other reviewers have suggested this story is unlikely. However, it clearly states in the Author's Note at the end of the novel that this IS a true story, based on her own love for her husband Antonio Perez and her faith that God has a plan and purpose for every life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stephanie, November 17, 2005
This is one of the best books I've ever read. It is truly an eye opening story that left me constantly wondering what was going to happen next. It is a great book for people who love romantic, true stories. It has opened my eyes to needs that exist in our community and has stirred in my heart a desire to reach out to those in need. I cannot wait for the next book in this series to be published.

5.0 out of 5 stars We Need More Stories Like This, June 6, 2012
This review is from: The Winds of Sonoma (Paperback)
Angelica knows she must return to the vision of helping the poor and needy that set her on the path toward becoming an attorney in the first place. But telling her parents that she's leaving big city life and a lucrative job with a prestigious law firm might just be her biggest obstacle yet. She hopes that spending time with them on their ranch will open the door to a discussion not easily carried on by phone.

Antonio desperately needs a job that pays enough to send money back to his mother and siblings in Mexico. Entering the U.S. without papers creates more trouble and danger than he'd imagined. His skill with horses lands him a job with apparently wealthy horse owners. He's grateful, despite the cruel and overbearing ranch manager, the only one who speaks Spanish--until Angelica shows up.

As Angelica's Spanish improves and as she teaches Antonio English, they gradually merge information and learn that their ranch manager has his fingers in more pies than anyone imagined--none of them humane or legal.

Despite her parents' objections, Angelica and Antonio grow closer and a love is born that embraces far more than themselves.

I learned a great deal about the plight of Mexican laborers entering this country as I read Nikki Arana's book. Importantly, I found a writer, new to me, who tells a compassionate but heart wrenching story laced with combinations of historical and current events--the harsh, the sad, the ugly truth as well as the joyous possibilities of hope--all transforming my thinking and opening the door for new possibilities.

I'm looking forward to more of Ms. Arana's books.

5.0 out of 5 stars I hate "romance" & LOVE this series!!!!!!!!!!, May 16, 2012
The Severtsons (Post Falls, ID United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Winds of Sonoma (Regalo Grande Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I love, love, love the Regalo Grande series!!! I do NOT - repeat - do NOT - do "romances"! They are too predictable and too "formula" for my taste. When Nikki invited me to "read" I just gritted my teeth. WOW!!! This series set my perspective on end! There is NOTHING - repeat - NOTHING that is "formula" or predictable in this series! I was so surprised, so delighted, so relieved. It was a pleasure and an honor to literally burn through these books. I could not wait for the next in line. Again, WOW! If you ARE a romance novel-a-holic, you will adore this series. If you are NOT into romance, you will adore this series! There is soooo much spiritual reality here you will NOT - repeat - NOT go away wanting... Thank you, Nikki Arana for your obedience...

5.0 out of 5 stars A powerful new book written by a gifted new author, March 15, 2006
My husband bought this book for me for Christmas and once I started reading it, I couldn't set it down! This book is powerfully written - a true love story. I am looking forward to this gifted new author's next book!

4.0 out of 5 stars fabulous inspirational tale, October 27, 2005
When Bill O'Connell dies, attorney Angelica Amante picks up his caseload. One particular case involving an American produce company using illegal immigrants bothers Angelica as it reminds her of plight in her hometown of Sonoma. She tells her boss Constantine Cvervenka how she feels about this case. Constantine warns her she not only will derail off the fast track to partnership, but she will lose much more. Still Angelica quits choosing principals over advancement, but soon learns no other New York law firm will touch her.

She returns to Sonoma seeking a new start. At home she meets kindhearted but quiet and hard working Antonio Perez, who's proud of what he has done with his life though he is a migrant worker. Her patents believe he is beneath her, but she finds solace with this gentle person who is at peace with himself. Angelica hopes to one day feel in harmony like he is.

WINDS OF SONOMA is a fabulous inspirational tale that focuses on to thine own self be true if a person seeks inner serenity. The story line is character driven with Angelica learning from Antonio to accept who she is. Though there is little action and some might question the chances of this relationship getting off the ground as she is the daughter of wealth, readers will appreciate this fine uplifting novel that leaves the message that it is okay to be yourself.

Harriet Klausner

4.0 out of 5 stars Power and deceit vs. poverty and integrity, October 2, 2006
Bonnie McKinzie (Garden Grove, CA USA) - See all my reviews
When attorney Angelica refuses to accept the assignment of her big New York City firm, she is fired. Not only fired, but blackballed in the entire area. Dejected and yet feeling so right about her decision, she moves back to her California home. Her wealthy parents are mortified that she would trade such an important job for the simplistic and ridiculous job of public defender for illegals and the poor. Antonio, an illiterate Mexican young man, comes to work at their horse ranch just as she arrives home, and she decides to make a difference in his life.

This opening book lays the foundation for a very possible, though highly unlikely love story of the decade. Readers will hate the crooked ranch foreman, love Poppy, and wonder just what makes the Amantes tick.

There is so much intrigue, so much feeling, so much love and hate in this story, I am recommending this series of 3 to all my Christian fiction reader friends.

3.0 out of 5 stars It was OK, June 1, 2012
The book was a slow read for me. To be honest if I knew that I might not have downloaded this book. The main characters are from two different worlds. Her family is mostly Poppy the man that pretty much raised her as her parents where not there for her. I actully wanted to slap her parents for the stupid things they said to her especially her mother. Maybe it was because they were from money that made them so irritating. For him, he is a Mexican who is poor that needs to help his family to keep them fed and housed. You keep trying to figure out how everything is going to end until the very end. I was disappointed in the ending but overall it was a decent book. If you are not spirtual in anyway then I would not suggest this book to you. The book is spirtual and uplifing.

Rate and Discover Movies