5.0 out of 5 stars What a great upgrade from what comes with the TomTom
I just got this new mount for my TomTom unit and I am extremely pleased. It is a huge improvement over what came with the unit. First, a lever that allows you to pull a vacuum in the suction cup for greater hold. Second, it is very adjustable allowing you to get a perfect position no matter where you choose to mount the unit. I recommend it highly.

An...
Published on June 11, 2010 by W. Cubbage

The TomTom 540 is a great GPS and comes with an adequate window mount. It does not have a lot of flexibilty, but once you figure out how to mount the suction cup on angles (not just up and down) and rotate the GPS, it fits in any car.

Published on November 7, 2010 by Chris

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great upgrade from what comes with the TomTom, June 11, 2010
W. Cubbage (Louisville, KY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Windshield Dashboard Car Mount for TomTom GPS with EasyPort Pattern START 40 45 55 XL XXL ONE 125 ONE 130 ONE 140 XL (Electronics)

An additional note after a little use:

I made a very slight modification and glued the round piece that attaches to my TomTom to the plate it joins with. This gives the mount even more stability but the full range of motion of the mount is maintained.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for TomTom XXL, January 25, 2011
I like nearly everything about my TomTom XXL 550T 5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator (Lifetime Traffic Edition), except the mount. It folds flat, which is nice, but it kept loosening and falling off no matter how much I clean it, spit on it, etc. So I bought this mount, and what a world of difference. This mount is so much easier to use and holds the heavy unit solidly at any angle. We have 3 vehicles, so I keep removing it and switching it between them - it's been stuck and unstuck dozens of times and still works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars TomTom original mount does work, November 14, 2010
D. Dahl (Mid-America) - See all my reviews
I just ordered the ARKON TTEP115 TomTom EasyPort Windshield / Dash Mount to replace the easy mount that came with my TomTom 540m. I ordered it because I mistakenly thought the easy mount that came with the TomTom didn't work. However, I had a suspicion that the issue may be "operator error" rather than the easy mount TomTom provided. After all, the easy mount is delivered with thousands of TomToms--why would the Dutch deliver an inferior mount? As it turned out, it was operator error. The mount that comes with TomTom GPS is rock solid--you just have to figure out how to use it. The trick is to: place the easy mount firmly on the window, give a hard turn to the left (you may hear a click) and THEN turn the locking ring to the right. You will get a rock solid, tight, etc. seal. It took me about 30 minutes to stumble upon this solution. So, I have a good backup mounting device with the ARKON TTEP115 TomTom EasyPort Windshield / Dash Mount but, the easy mount that came with my TomTom 540m DOES INDEED WORK.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mount vibrates - need to rest GPS against the dash or A-pillar, November 7, 2010

I bought this mount so that I could leave it in my car and take the TomTom mount with me when I travel. This mount has a tremendous amount of adjustabilty, and there are no concerns about it coming off the glass.

The cruxt of the issue is the extent of the arm. Maybe the TomTom 540 is just too heavy for it, but it tends to vibrate while drivingbecause it is cantelevered out there so far. It doesn't drop or slowly lower down; in that regard the mount is strong enough. It's just a vibration issue. It's enough to make you car sick if you are trying to read data (street names, time to arrival, etc.)

If you rest the GPS against the dash, or against the A-pillar (side of the windshield), it takes out the vibration. Since it blocks your view to mount any GPS in the middle of the windshield hanging in free space, perhaps this is a non-issue. For me it is an annoyance, but there is a work around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the one it came with!!!, April 16, 2010
This product works just as described. It has never fallen off my windshield, very versatile, and is very sleek. It came fast in the mail and I'm very satisfied! If you are considering purchasing this gps holder, get it, it will be the best decision.

5.0 out of 5 stars Windshield Mount, December 26, 2009
Karen A. Folk (MAYNARD, MA, US) - See all my reviews
This mounting system is way better then the one that came with the Tom Tom.It is rock solid and does not come unstuck and fall on the floor. Tom Toms EZ Port came loose countless times before it came apart and ended up in the trash.Bought another Tom Tom mount and the same thing happened.Tom Tom could learn a lot from Arkon about what is and what is not a good mounting system.

5.0 out of 5 stars TOMTOM could learn from this!, October 5, 2010
sweetz (Port Charlotte, Florida) - See all my reviews
The same mounting device has been used by TomTom for years has been a total failure. I recently purchased a TomTom XXL for myself and one for my husband. These devices are big and continue to fall off the windshield repeatedly. What a piece of junk mount the original piece is. The Arken mount is EXCELLENT. Sturdy hold and suction. TomTom needs to change the design. People shouldn't have to buy a new mount on top of the price of the GPS (though I'm glad it's available!) Who knows, maybe they're in cahoots with this company making a small fortune selling replacements! Either way, I highly recommend it if you don't feel like having your GPS come crashing down while driving on the highway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great GPS Holder Bracket, January 29, 2011
This ARKON TTEP115 TomTom EasyPort Windshield / Dash Mount is the sturdiest mounting bracket I have seen for a TomTom GPS Unit. Easy to use, doesn't slip-slip around, and keeps unit right where I need it. All other manufacturer's could learn a thing or two by studying this bracket. 5 *****'s from me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great With My Tom Tom XXL, July 1, 2011
Works as advertised. My Tom Tom XXL fits great and doesn't fall off like it did with the TT mount. Just turn the lock nut behind the ring and the TT unit doesn't hit the dash. Great mount at a great price!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mount, January 25, 2011
Do42 (ATLANTA, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This is a great mount. The cool thing about it is that it uses a standard two-prong type bracket that various adapter plates snap to. Many other mounts use this same two-prong mount system for their adapter plates. I was able to actually take the TomTom ring adapter from this mount and put it on another mount. So the unique thing about the mount is the circular TomTom adapter that is a custom fit for many TomTom GPS units, not the mount itself. The original TomTom mount is great for portability and it actually is pretty stable but if you are going to leave the mount mounted in your car, this is FAR better, especially if you are popping the GPS in and out as you leave and return to the car. For carrying in your bag or pocket, the original TomTom mount is better simply because it is much smaller but once in the car, this has better positioning ability.

Rate and Discover Movies