Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on June 7, 2008
I actually own a wine bar and when this book came out I decided to purchase it to see if it might be helpful in inspiring new dishes at our bar. Not only have I enjoyed reading it, but the recipes are well-designed, easily duplicable, and delicious. We have adapted several for our wine bar with more to come. In addition the wine recommendations are spot on.
on July 26, 2008
We love this book!! The recipes are easy to follow, and easy to find ingredients, and delicious. We made three more last night and all were enjoyed. After returning from a trip to Europe one of our overall favorite meal experiences was cichetti in Venice - this book has allowed us to replicate the food. The wine pairings are also very helpful. Please keep on writing cookbooks like this Cathy and Tony!!!
on April 29, 2008
After reading several reviews in the Chicago Tribune and Chicago Magazine, I knew I wanted to own a copy of this cookbook. The recipes and ideas for entertaining are great. The recipes are clearly written and easy to follow and the entertaining ideas are fresh and new. I can't wait for my next dinner party to try out the mozzarella bar!
on May 28, 2008
Wine Bar Food - Great small plates for big appetites.Wine Bar Food: Mediterranean Flavors to Crave with Wines to Match
44 comments|19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2009
This is a great book for folks that like to entertain and are looking for some new, exciting and delicious recipes to try out on friends. Most of the recipes you can easily double to make for a crowd. The Flaming Ouzo Shrimp is a real crowd pleaser and its entertaining as well AND it can be served hot or cold its delish either way. I have found most of the recipes to be fairly simple to make. So do try this book and WOW your friends.
on March 19, 2013
This is a nice book with great recipes for appetizers and first courses and also great cocktail recipes. It also has great info on European wine bars. I got this little gem at a
really good price and in gift-giving condition, although I wouldn't dream of giving this little jewel away!
on January 7, 2013
Great for quick recipes and entertaining..recommend it highly. I work in a wine and cheese shop I used the cover recipe to serve my customers over the holiday..everyone loved it.
on December 31, 2010
Tony is an excellant Chef if he is not the Top Italian Chef in the country he is a close 2nd to Robert Fedorkoat Ristorante Brissago in Lake Geneva. This is a must buy!!!
on December 22, 2008
This is a beautiful book, I have not prepared anything from the recipes yet, but will do so after the holidays. I cook a lot and the recipes appear to be easy to follow.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2009
Three stars is being generous. This book has a good theme, good photography, and a nice, clean design, but in the end it's nothing extraordinary. Maybe good for a beginner, but if you already have a collection of cookbooks at home (and I do), don't spend your money on this book. You'll find that it just duplicates recipes that you already have.