4.0 out of 5 stars Gift Basket
Wine.com Cup of Coffee & Tea, Cup & Saucer Gift Basket

Upon opening the outer box I was very pleased with the presentation of the Cup and Saucer Gift Basket.

Published on April 26, 2012 by P. Bergbauer

3.0 out of 5 stars Its okay, but pay attention
I gave this as a gift. Its ok, but not great. Its also small. I expected it to be small, but not as small as it was... Its a little underwhelming.

Luckily it wasn't a major occasion so it wasn't too big faux paus, however it would be easy for someone to make the mistake.

Published on October 26, 2011 by John A.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its okay, but pay attention, October 26, 2011
John A. (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wine.com Cup of Coffee & Tea, Cup & Saucer Gift Basket (Grocery)

Again for the sale price, I think its fair, but consider what you're giving it for, as it is a bit paltry. It would serve well as a small thank you gift, but little else.

It arrives in good condition, and the freshness of the goods were good; I heard no complaints about it contents.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift Basket, April 26, 2012
Wine.com Cup of Coffee & Tea, Cup & Saucer Gift Basket

With closer inspection, there isn't much here but is adequate for one person or perhaps a nice romantic morning indulgence. If you LOVE chocolate, this basket is for you. The hot chocolate and coffee (each for one serving only) was very good, chocolaty, and creamy.

The Numi tea (Morning Rise; a breakfast blend of black teas and Berry Black; Darjeeling black tea) was ok, nothing out of the ordinary.

The Ghirardelli chocolate caramel bar and Montbana chocolate squares were sweet and delicious. The Torani chocolate biscotti were ok but I prefer Nonni biscotti more.

The wafers are tasty and crisp and you receive a good amount of them, plenty to share or have over a few days. (Picture included of biscotti, some wafers and hot chocolate).

I think to make this basket perfect would be to include an actual cup and saucer.

The Cup and Saucer basket itself is really nice and different and a great keepsake.

Overall, this is a nice "thinking of you" or "just because" basket.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute cup shaped basket, overpriced, April 25, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ok, let me say this first off... if I had spent $30 to $50 on this gift basket and sent it to a friend, I would be seriously angry. The items inside the basket are few and far between. The cup shaped basket is really cute, but not worth the overall price of the package.

Two individual tea bags, that tasted good, but that's all, just two single tea bags. A single serving of powdered instant coffee mix in a "latte" flavor - it was weak. A tiny Ghiradelli chocolate & carmel candy bar that was good, but again, just the one. A tiny sampler size of chocolate truffles, rich flavor and tiny. A box of chocolate wafer cookes that were very good and the single box did have 8 bite size cookies in it, so you could share with a friend. A single chocolate biscotti - not very sweet, just right as a complement to your cup of coffee. And a packet of hot chocolate mix - haven't tried it yet, but again just enough for one serving.

If this is the actual size of the entire gift basket (rather than a sample size for the Vine program), then just give it a pass. You can buy the individual items in larger quantities and a cheap, equally cute basket at a hobby store - put it all together and save some cash AND give a better present!

3.0 out of 5 stars Moderately Acceptable, May 17, 2012
*~ Sunshine ~* (Beautiful Iowa, the place to grow.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have received a few "gift baskets" through the mail and I feel that the greatest consideration about choosing a vendor is the assurance that the foods are of a good initial quality and as fresh as possible. This gift basket is just (barely) adequate in both of those categories.

It is a cute presentation and a nice selection of chocolate beverages, cookies, and candies, with a couple of teas thrown in for variety. It would be a nice "thinking of you" or "thank you" gift for one or two people. It came well packed and was received in fine shape. That said, I was disappointed in most of the items. I found the cocoa rather flavorless and watery. The biscotti was dry and so hard that my first thought was that it seemed stale. It had somewhat adequate coco flavor but did not come close to a fresh biscotti, or even a fresh packaged product. It reminded me of a chocolate teething biscuit for babies. I'd compare it's quality to the cheap, packaged baked goods available in convenience marts. The wafer cookies were acceptable but not overly impressive. Even the truffles were hard and tasted a little on the old side. I have not yet tried the tea or cafe latte, or the chocolate bar, but I'm assuming they will be acceptable. If not I will add an update to my review. In summary, I have to say that the most impressive thing about this gift basket is the presentation and the boxes the various items come in.

I also see that the picture of the products is not identical to what I received. I realize that this can happen due to product availability, but I would hope that the substitutions are of a similar or better value as they are made. All these things considered, I would want improved quality and assurance of the included products before I chose to send this to anyone.

I really can't recommend this basket if you are wanting to impress the recipient, and why would you send it if you weren't?

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute!, April 28, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This gift basket is even cuter in person than it is on the website. The cup and saucer basket are adorable and are now the centerpiece of my living rom coffee table holding the remotes and eye glasses. The snacks and teas inside are nice and are exactly what is pictured, 1 serving each of Chocolate Truffle Hot Cocoa mix, and Mocha Latte, 2 servings of chocolate wafer cookies, 1 biscotti cookie, 2 tea bags, a milk chocolate caramel bar and small box of raspberry chocolate truffles. All in all, I wish there was more emphasis on the tea since the tea cup basket is the focus of the gift, but as it is, this is a nice gift for anyone, not just the tea lover.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tiny, April 26, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This gift basket is nicely-presented -- it comes in a cute teacup-shaped basket, with a nice bow on the outside. But you really, really don't get much for your money.

Here's what they give you:

- A regular-sized Ghirardelli caramel chocolate bar ($1 retail)
- Two individual tea bags (50 cents? retail)
- One serving of hot chocolate (50 cents?)
- One serving of instant cafe latte (50 cents?)
- One biscotti ($1 retail?)
- A small packet of chocolate truffles ($2)
- A small packet of chocolate wafer cookies ($2)

That's it. My estimated retail value (not including the basket): $7.50. I can't see a price for this on Amazon, but I'm willing to bet it's at least three times my estimate.

This is all quality stuff, but such a tiny amount. You could do much, much better by putting together your own gift basket. I can't recommend anyone buy this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, April 26, 2011
Kyla Webb "KYLA" (Shinnston, WV USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this for 2/3 off the list price a few days ago. It was exactly as pictured and bigger than what I thought it would be i wouldnt buy if full price but for how cheap I got it, it was a wonderful gift basket.

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't say because it didn't get there on time, February 15, 2013
Jill C Jones (Orlando, FL United States) - See all my reviews
Well--when something says it will get there on Weds the 13th and doesn't get there by Thursday the 14th, and when you sent it specifically for Valentine's day, that just doesn't work for me. Sorry I spent my money.

5.0 out of 5 stars tea, January 27, 2013
Nick Rockhold (Drumright, OK United States) - See all my reviews
gave this as a christmas gift, i know they liked tea and coffee so hope they enjoyed it. he he

4.0 out of 5 stars Big on very cute cup shaped basket, but small on treats, June 8, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Overall, I'd say this is a very nice present. The cup basket is adorable! It was truly the highlight of this present, as the treats were so-so. My favorite were the dark chocolate wafers, they were delicious.

Rate and Discover Movies