4.0 out of 5 stars contents are delicious, but....
Godiva chocolates are some of my favorite and are just delicious, so 5 stars for them.

Published on April 24, 2012 by T. Gaston

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money
Published on December 22, 2011 by John

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, December 22, 2011
This review is from: Wine.com Godiva Milk Chocolate Gift Basket (Grocery)
This product is terribly misleading. They way the chocolates are propped up in the picture makes it look like a large tower but the actual package is very flat and barely contains anything. I got some other gift baskets for $30 that contained the same quantity of items. Don't waste one cent on this over-priced piece of garbage. I would have returned it but I needed it that day so I got stuck giving a client a much cheaper gift than I intended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Title is misleading - don't expect to get 2.55 pound of Godiva, December 31, 2011
jun gao (stillwater, ok United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wine.com Godiva Milk Chocolate Gift Basket (Grocery)
From my past experience, the whole basket maybe 2.55 pound - that will include box, and all the packing stuff under the top layer of Godiva packaging.

Will never buy from this manufacture again.

4.0 out of 5 stars contents are delicious, but...., April 24, 2012
T. Gaston (Austin, Texas, USA) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

The basket comes nicely boxed, but the contents of the basket are very compressed by the shrink wrap. This mean the 10 Godiva items were in the basket, but not stacked high like in the picture. The basket and ribbon match the picture, and the basket contains much filler under the chocolates.

My basket contained:
1 - pkg of Chocolate Biscuits -1.2 oz
3 - Milk Chocolate bars 3.5 oz each (salted caramel,hazelnut, milk chocolate)
1 - Milk Chocolate bar with almonds 1.5 oz
1 - bag Milk Chocolate Truffles 4 oz
1 - bag Gems Milk chocolate Caramels 3.5 oz
1 - box Milk Chocolate Strawberries 2.0 oz
1 - box Milk Chocolate Cashews 2.0 oz

In total, 1 lb 11.2 oz chocolate, plus a nice woven basket. (Not 3.2 lbs as shown in product details)

In a price check with the Godiva website, the contents by weight and variety in their basket selection are comparably priced. However I can't speak to the packaging presentation via mail as I've only purchased baskets in person from Godiva boutiques.

For this basket, I think it would be better to show one picture how it really looks shrink wrapped and will arrive, and a second picture showing all the contents.

4.0 out of 5 stars Could Of Been Alittle Nicer, April 24, 2012
M. Lafferman (Baltimore, MD, USA) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Given the high quality of Godiva, I would have thought that the presentation would be alittle nicer.

The greenish colored basket, which looks like a pandan type basket, it had a big orange/green bow, which reminds me of Autumn colors, tied around the basket. I would have thought the basket would be alitte nicer than it was, a more quality type basket.

Once you take everything out of the basket, including the filler, which there was quite a bit of that in the basket, then put everything back into the basket, there is still quite a bit of room with nothing occupying it.

For what you do get the sizes of each item is not small. You get 3 -3.5 ounce Chocolate Bars in Milk Chocolate, Extra Creamy Milk Chocolate with Hazelnut, and Milk Chocolate with Salted Caramel.

You get a bag of Gems, Milk Chocolate Caramels- 3.5 ounces. A bag of Milk Chocolate Truffles- 4 ounces. A box of Milk Chocolate Covered Pretzels - 2.5 ounces. A bag of Milk Chocolate Cashews- 2 ounces. A bag of Milk Chocolate Strawberries- 2 ounces. A package of Chocolate Biscuits -1.2 ounces, and finally a Milk Chocolate with Almonds Bar- 1.5 ounces.

For what it is I would say that this Godiva Basket is ok, but not as good as I thought it would be. I would have liked it more had the basket actually been full, without a large space with nothing in it, which you will see if you take everything out of the basket, including the filler, then put everything back into the basket like I did. I also put each item back into the basket standing up inside the basket, with everything facing forward.

Given the fact that Godiva makes so many chocolate products, I don't think it would have been that hard to at least fill the basket completely full, after you take all of the filler out.

I don't mean crowd the basket with product, just not leave any spaces with nothing in it.

The product quality is good, which by that I mean the chocolate products, but it seems to me they kind of skimped, including a less than impressive basket.

I will let you be the judge, whether you will be happy with what you get if you order this gift basket, or if like me I think it could have been alittle nicer/ better than it was.

However, being a collector of baskets, I will definitely be reusing this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lesson Learned, May 29, 2013
This review is from: Wine.com Godiva Milk Chocolate Gift Basket (Grocery)
I read the reviews. Some were good, some were not so good and I fell for it anyway. What can I say? I found I have a weakness for Godiva chocolate. Well, ordering it online almost cured me of it......ALMOST! When I got the package, I eagerly unwrapped it and like a kid on Christmas morning, spread it all out wondering which one would I devour first? Call it a quirk of mine, but I like to check expiration dates (must be that mom gene I have) and OMG (can you tell I have teenagers?) everything....and I do mean EVERYTHING I picked up was so near the expiration date it was shocking!

I shook it off, thinking this is still some pretty high quality chocolate, so I took a chance....yep, you guessed it, I unwrapped it and took a bite before I could say "BOO"! Well, it was so not the same euphoric feeling one would imagine you would get when savoring Godiva. As a matter of fact, I had to look closer to make sure someone didn't pull a switch on me. at least that would make sense if they did! Know what I found? THE MILK CHOCOLATE WAS DISCOLORED! While I cannot side with the one reviewer who questioned what was wrong with those of us who didn't happen to agree with her assessment of just being happy we received a blessing from the Godiva fairy (or at least that was my interpretation of her review), I can honestly say if I were to go through the trouble of returning it, THAT would have been an additional waste of my time and money, so I just took the remains and tossed it in the trash, since tomorrow is trash day in our neighborhood.

I will say that it will be a while before I am no longer turned off by the idea of ordering edible items online ever again....harsh? Maybe, but well, if you can't trust your chocolate to be right, then what else could you order that would squash yet another pipe dream? Sorry, this one is filed under, you guessed it....LESSON LEARNED!

Hope this helps someone else out there...

5.0 out of 5 stars looked just as nice ad the picture, January 20, 2013
This review is from: Wine.com Godiva Milk Chocolate Gift Basket (Grocery)
I bought this as a Christmas present for my mother and it was beautiful. I got it on lightening deal and it was worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars ...an Extraordinary gift!, May 31, 2012
Godiva Milk Chocolate Gift Basket

A few reasons I'd rather have a Godiva Milk Chocolate Gift Basket, as opposed to the gift you were just considering -- before you discovered this review -- or, that proverbial bottle of wine. :)

*originality: Almost everyone brings Wine to a party, or house warming, Family reunion et al. That gets a bit tiring. -- Godiva Milk Chocolate Gift Basket is an original gift idea that is sure to stand out, from all the other offerings, and is sure to please the recipient. :)

* variety: face it, if ya give a gift of a bottle of wine, it's just one bottle of wine, one variety, one time use. if ya give a Godiva Milk Chocolate Gift Basket it's loaded down with 10 totally different Godiva Milk Chocolate products all individually wrapped and nestled in a tightly woven basket with ribbon: Gems (milk chocolate Caramels), milk chocolate covered Pretzels, milk chocolate Truffles, milk chocolate Hazelnut Bar, milk chocolate Bar, milk chocolate Salted Caramel bar, milk chocolate Strawberries, milk chocolate Biscuits, milk chocolate Cashews, milk chocolate bar with Almonds. That's a lot of Milk Chocolate! :)

* refinement: there is nothing elegant about a simple bottle of wine, no matter how you wrap it up (even if it's over 100 years old) -- but, from the shiny packaging and colorful foils to the earth toned (re-usable) basket tied with a large festive ribbon filled with fresh Milk Chocolates, a Godiva Milk Chocolate Gift Basket just reeks of elegance and refinement.

* quality: have you tasted most wines? Yuck -- sort of taste like paint thinner smells! :) yet, most give a bottle of wine as a gift. Why? Godiva Milk Chocolates, on the other hand, a sheer taste-delight. Each mouth watering piece of chocolate just seems to melt over the pallet, the chocolate covered Pretzels and Biscuits are tender and crisp, the Caramels are not chewy -- but soft and creamy, the nuts are fresh and crunchy. 'nuf said! :)

* a keepsake: after all is said and done, one does not usually keep a wine bottle (unless they have one of those dorky wine bottle trees, out in the back yard, that they hang them on). Godiva Milk Chocolate Gift Basket comes tied with a re-usable vividly colored, wide, ribbon in earth tones of orange, green and yellow tied in a bow around a sturdy, close-weaved (natural) basket, that can be used to hold something really special, for years.

Why give an ordinary gift when One can give an extraordinary gift? Does the Godiva Milk Chocolate Gift Basket sound like what you may be looking for? :) Highly Recommended! --Katharena Eiermann, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value at $30, May 24, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We checked the price on this basket when we received it for review. It was selling at about $30 (half off) at the time. We thought that this was a pretty good value compared to other such baskets we've seen and would recommend this as "give-able" with no qualifications.

Details:
The basket arrived with the bow needing to be re-fluffed, but it is made of materials that allow this to happen easily. My whole family participated in consuming the contents and we rated them as below:
*Chocolate covered strawberries - very nice. Liked the chewy berry in the middle and the chocolate was not waxy as some such items are from inferior vendors. This one was nice and smooth, with good chocolate flavor.
*Chocolate covered biscuits - this was OK. Would have liked the chocolate to be darker.
Overall, we liked the items that had the 41% and darker chocolate vs. the "milk" chocolate of 31% and lower.
*Chocolate Gems - There were carmel and chocolate filled. The chocolate filled were somewhat more popular, but at the end of the day they were all consumed with glee.
*Almond bar - nicer than the Hershey version.
*Salted Carmel Bar - I may go get these again separately.
*Hazelnut bar - OK, but we liked the carmel better.
*chocolate covered cashews - just OK. Could have left these out. Texture of cashew not full and crunchy.
*Pretzels - OK, but not a favorite.

In the end, we liked it and would give it five stars if we had a couple more darker chocolates and substituted more carmel bars for the pretzels, etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars A beautifully packaged chocolate delight!, April 29, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This gift basket is beautifully packaged, with a wide assortment of Godiva milk chocolates. I was impressed that it contains full-sized chocolate bars, rather than small sample-sized bars. I tried to look at Amazon pricing to determine the overall value of the chocolates in the basket, if sold separately. The Amazon price for this gift basket was below the price of the chocolates themselves. At the current $25.62 price, it's a HUGE bargain for Godiva chocolate. (Not that I usually splurge on Godiva brand chocolates.) This basket would make a wonderful Mother's Day gift ... so get it before the price goes up! We are enjoying the Godiva chocolate immensely! The only thing that would make it better were if it were dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate.

4.0 out of 5 stars A little misleading BUT still a nice set, April 26, 2012
TorridlyBoredShopper "T(to the)B(to the)S" ("Daddy Dagon's Daycare" - Proud Sponsor of the Little Tendril Baseball Team, USA) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
God, I love the chocolate and, if it were on that alone, I would rate this off the charts. Honestly, I would still buy this as a gift basket for someone - Mother's Day is just around the bend and it seems good for that - but there are a few things worth noting.

First, there is the basket - which I like - that is a little different from the picture. If you look closely you can see the material but the color is less vibrant than here. Mine is more green, less golden. Not a biggie, just something worth noting.

Second, there is the issue of the stacking and how the picture is misleading there. I suppose it is wrapping it in plastic that might do it but, regardless, it is a bit different. Again, not an issue, just worth noting. Honestly, I am not sure it would have matter because the presentation was good and it is setting high because of packing material. The idea that a gift basket filled with chocolate popped up seems to have an impact, packed high or not.

Third, there is the fact that the description is a bit misleading in weight. I saw another review of what was included and put my list of what was here to compare.
1 - pkg of Chocolate Biscuits -
3 - Milk Chocolate bars (salted caramel,hazelnut, milk chocolate)
1 - Milk Chocolate bar with almonds
1 - bag Milk Chocolate Truffles
1 - bag Gems Milk chocolate Caramels
1 - box Milk Chocolate Strawberries
1 - box Milk Chocolate Cashews
When you go by weight, the whole thing, basket and all, is the combined weight. The chocolate doesn't come out that huge.

Having said that, I am buying another myself because it was easy to get and I was pretty happy with it. The gift of Godiva cannot be beaten and, honestly, stuff like Truffles and Cashews made me a pretty happy camper so i think I'll forward the love.

Wine.com Godiva Milk Chocolate Gift Basket