5.0 out of 5 stars My friend loved this basket!
I sent this basket to my friend and she raved about it for days! She's a chocoholic and loved the variety of chocolate items. And the basket was filled with goodies...not like some other gift baskets I ordered where it's all packaging. I would definitely recommend sending this basket to anyone on your gift giving list. I'm sure they will love it!
Published on December 3, 2008 by Lisa R. Love

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading Weight
Published on March 26, 2010 by K. Cottone

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading Weight, March 26, 2010
This review is from: Wine.com Say It With Chocolate Gift Basket (Grocery)
We recieved this basket as a gift and were very dissapointed. There is no way that this is 4 lbs. We weighed it on a scale and it was 2.5 lbs. including the basket. The basket itself is 0.75 lbs, so there is only 1.75 lbs. of chocolate. The fudge is only too small pieces, and the non-pareils were not in a box so the sprinkles had all come off. I think the packing material weighed more than the basket itself. It came in a 2'x3' box that my 3 year-old is enjoying. The basket is 1.5'x1' and the rest is packing material. There has to be a better deal out there!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it. Total junk, December 24, 2009
Firstly, we did not buy this. We received it as a gift from our daughter. The appearance of the basket is first rate but the positives end there. Except for the few Ghirardelli squares and the truffle cookies, all of the rest of the items could be found on sale in a dollar store. The chocolate was waxy and smelled funny, like chemicals. This was not worth the money. I think that the Gharardelli was placed prominently just to give the impression that the basket had quality ingredients. There was a large amount of packing material including 4 big cell plastic packing material and a big wad of paper. The chocolate items were laying in a single layer on top of the packing paper. This is a cheap excuse for a gift and anyone you give it to will be insulted by your choice.

2.0 out of 5 stars bummer, December 12, 2010
This review is from: Wine.com Say It With Chocolate Gift Basket (Grocery)
Nice presentation but tiny portions! The chocolate chip cookies tasted like stale shortbread cookies with tiny chips - blah! Nothing tasted fresh. Not worth the price. Will warn the gift giver not to purchase again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading name...., December 21, 2009
S. L. Watts "katyroo" (dripping springs texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wine.com Say It With Chocolate Gift Basket (Grocery)
It's not 4 pounds, in fact it's only 2.6 lb (weighed on a digital scale), and that includes the weight of the basket.

5.0 out of 5 stars My friend loved this basket!, December 3, 2008
This review is from: Wine.com Say It With Chocolate Gift Basket (Grocery)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, glad I did not send directly, December 28, 2010
CarolynT (Kingwood, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wine.com Say It With Chocolate Gift Basket (Grocery)
I agree with the others, the portions are small and for the price it is simply not worth it. I bought this to bring to a friend's house for Christmas and to say the least, I ended up going out and purchasing something else. I would not buy this again for the $25 price tag. If it was 10 or 15 dollars, then this would have gotten a higher review. The chocolate was good, but you expect that when ordering Ghirardelli. The way is is presented in the description/picture is not the same way it comes in the box -- everything is laid in the basket, and nothing is overflowing out of the basket. (It is a very nice basket, well made) The total height of the basket with everything packaged in is no more than 6 or 7 inches.

4.0 out of 5 stars Its a fair basket., December 1, 2011
John A. (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wine.com Say It With Chocolate Gift Basket (Grocery)
I had purchased this during the black friday deals promotion. After purchasing I read reviews complaining about the content of the baskets in terms of quality and quantity.

As a frequent purchaser of gift baskets I feel its fair to say that this basket is appropriate, even at full price. Here's why:

Basket: The basket it self is standard. Its nice in that its more contemporary than traditional. I don't feel a pressing need to throw it in the trash. It also was packaged with, what I'm assuming is recycled, brown crinkle paper. It looks good together. The image is a bit misleading in that the basket it (somewhat obviously) packaged a lot flatter than pictured. Overall though it's the same- same bow (different position), same basket. good.

Packaging: The box had air packets inside to protect the basket. I think peanuts may have been better at protecting it, but seeing as it arrived in perfect condition I don't really have room to complain. Your packing slip (at least in my case) is inside a tape envelope directly over the seam of the box, which I thought odd, but its really a minor detail. It could easily be ignored by a recipient though and cut cut through- notable if you have a gift message on the invoice.

Contents: I felt the description was completely accurate. You know the weights of everything and well as the amounts. Nothing appeared to be damaged; in fact it was all very secure. Nothing appears expired. I haven't opened it yet, but the nonpareils obviously lost some of the sprinkles. Honestly it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. I do feel the pretzels should be labeled in some way; a recipient wont know that they are from Rocky Mountain. Out of everything they look kinda odd because of that.

Summary: Its a fairly priced basket, if you think its expensive then you should probably just make your own because this is pretty standard pricing as far as pre-made baskets are concerned. Getting a discount didn't hurt, but it seems a good value none the less.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift for my son and his family, March 14, 2010
Linda Johnson "wildlife girl" (Dahlonega, Ga United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wine.com Say It With Chocolate Gift Basket (Grocery)
[...] has excellent choices of gift baskets. I have never been disappointed in the gift choices. I do know, the basket arrived in time for Valentines day and my grandson started filling his mouth with chocolates as soon as it arrived. It had to have been very good, because my grandson couldn't talk to me because his mouth was filled with goodies. I always try to pick a winner, and this was definitely a winner! I recommend this basket if you are looking for a reasonable price basket and yet have quality at the same time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice gift when you are unsure what to buy, January 27, 2011
Justin Bouley (Fairhaven, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wine.com Say It With Chocolate Gift Basket (Grocery)
This was a Christmas gift for some friends who live halfway across the country. We couldn't think of what to get them, but this is a sure fire winner. A nice selection of chocolates, cookies, etc. I would recommend this as a Christmas or anniversary gift. Great quality and an excellent price equal a wonderful gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chocolate Gift Basket, December 21, 2010
This review is from: Wine.com Say It With Chocolate Gift Basket (Grocery)
This was a gift, my son was very excited to receive it. The chocolates very fresh & he really enjoyed it.

Wine.com Say It With Chocolate Gift Basket