Wings of Prey: WWII Air Combat - PC
- Authentic World War atmosphere: Cutting edge technologies with highly detailed visuals bring the epic battles to life. Engage in more than 50 missions from famous historical battles over Eastern and Western Europe.
- Historically accurate aircraft: Experience over 40 planes including fighters, attack planes and heavy bombers. Learn to master the Spitfire, Mustang, Messerschmitt and many more. Flexible difficulty level system: from arcade to realistic simulation.
- Downloadable content support: more planes and missions are released periodically. Supports 6-DOF TrackIR, TripleHead2Go, Saitek, Logitech and Thrustmaster joysticks, mouse, keyboard and voice headsets.
- Thrilling multiplayer: 4 game modes to choose from; VoIP, game lobby chat system, leaderboards, friends lists, join-in-progress and host migration features provide easy match making.
- Realistic sound effects and original music from Jeremy Soule.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Minimum System Requirements For Wings of Prey
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP SP3
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3200MHz
Memory: 1 GB RAM Hard Drive: 10 GB of free space
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 256 Mb or ATI Radeon X1650 256 Mb
DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
Sound card: DirectX compatible
Internet connection: 56 kb/s (for online play and to register your copy of wings of prey)
The Recommended Requirements For Wings of Prey
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP SP3 / Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 / Microsoft Windows 7
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2400 MHz
Memory: 2 GB RAM or more Hard Drive: 10 GB of free space
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 512 Mb or ATI Radeon 4850 512 Mb
DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
Sound card: DirectX compatible with support 5.1
Internet connection: 512 Kb/s (for online play and to register your copy of wings of prey)
Keyboard, mouse, joystick (a version of Thrustmaster joysticks, as the game can be configured by one of the thrustmaster joystick layouts, although everything can be customized)
Wings of Prey: WWII Air Combat is a combat flight simulator. With the right amount of focus placed on the actual flying of the craft to the extremely well done aerial combat. The game comes with several difficulty levels that increase the actual realism of the flying itself and the enemy's skill. There are a variety of missions, including dog fights, and bombing with a large selection of planes to keep any aviation man happy.Read more ›
The game is fun. Skill levels range from a pretty hard Arcade level to a really hard Sim or Realistic level. The forum for the game is full of helpful, knowledgeable people. There are many good flyers playing the game. The graphics are really pretty good. There are some problems with joy stick setup and some other small stuff, but they are not insurmountable if you stick to it.
The difficulty I have experienced seems to stem from the fact that the game developers keep "improving" the game and then mess it up so it is full of glitches. Which may or may not be taken care of in the next "improvement".
So beware, buy the game, it's cheaper here than on the game site, but watch out for the developers " improvements". They may really test your patience.
When I purchased this game I probably expected something closer to IL2 with better graphics and other improvements, mostly related to greater capabilities of modern computers. But this game stands much closer to arcade games than to realistic sims like IL2/LockOn. If you find these games way too complex - you might like Wings of Prey. Otherwise you might not really enjoy it. Also the game is full of small glitches and problems, which makes playing annoying.
So what's good:
- graphics is great. Better than in any flight sim I've seen before;
What's bad (note:I'm always flying on a "simulator" difficulty level):
- There's no time compression! I have to fly for 20 minutes just to reach the target. Damn!
- There's something strange with simulation of your plane's fuel system. When you are flying Hurricane over Britain, you are running out of fuel in about 15 minutes. I have never been a Hurricane pilot, but this seem to be too short. But when you are flying IL2, your fuel gauge always shows a full tank.
- Engine control is ugly. Sometimes you can't adjust the mixture. This leads to an excessive fuel consumption in certain cases.
- Again, controlling prop pitch and mixture with throttle axis is so ugly that I had to remove it completely and use the keyboard instead.
- Damage simulation is lousy. If your engine is damaged and smoking, you might still flying for a long time without any troubles.
- AI is... strange. It's behavior is inconsistent. Sometimes your opponents virtually don't even notice you are here, shooting at them. Other time you will be shot down immediately.
- If you want to play on your own custom difficulty level, you have to readjust it every time you are starting mission. Very time consuming.
- You can't enter your name as a pilot. Not a big deal, but still feels bad.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
(This post is after purchase of this game. My first review was pre purchase.) I'm running windows 7 and had so much trouble playing this game I sent it back. Read morePublished 1 month ago by JReiland
Game does not seem to detect logitech joystick and assign normal control buttons. Joystick settings have to be input manually somehow, which is dumb, and I don't want to play using... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Eric Harris
Couldn't get it to work properly. I'm sure I could have figured it out eventually but it wasn't showing me much.Published 4 months ago by John A. Schmieder
very hard to install, never got it installed so I cant say what the game would be like.Published 5 months ago by E. JORDAN
The arcade mode is exactly what I was looking for in a WWII fighter game. I am not experienced enough to appreciate the simulator mode just yet. Read morePublished 7 months ago by John E. Fitzgerald
Installed, it will not play error DeleteFile code 5 access denied. I would like a refundPublished 8 months ago by John G Teetsel