Winner Takes All
Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

on November 26, 2004
This was my first time reading both of these books as I was too young the first time they were released. Personally, I thought the first one was disappointing, but the second was more than worth the money.

In Rules of the Game, Brooke Gordon is a commercial producer who is reluctantly accepting baseball star Parks Jones as spokesperson of a clothing line. All it takes is just one look and they both are smitten. All in all, I found this story trite and a little confusing as both run hot and cold in their emotions.

In Name of the Game, Johanna Paterson is a game show producer and Sam Weaver is the hunky actor pitted to guest star on her hit show. Sparks flare immediately and each find themselves slowly sliding into love. I LOVED this story and it more than makes up for the first one.
VINE VOICEon July 18, 2005
Rules of the Game (1984) is a story about Brooke Gordon an advertising producer who finds herself directing Parks Jones a famous baseball player. It is a cute story of how two strong willed people merge.

The Name of the Game (1988) is also based in LA about Johanna game show producer who has a connection with Sam a hunky actor when is agrees to do her trivia game show. There are some similarities in the stories and both are classic Harlequin love stories.

If you are looking for some great romance novels I would suggest Nantucket Nights by Elin Hilderbrand, Bubbles series by Sarah Strohmeyer, Crazy For You by Kate Angell or Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 14, 2008
She writes a good story. Her books are beginning to follow the same line and I haven't purchased any for a while. They seem to be very similar in subject and haven't been able to hold my attention for long. But I gave it a 4 because I do like her novels and they relax me.
on May 31, 2007
I read this on a cross country flight. There are two Silhouette romance stories Ms Roberts wrote in the 80's bound into this one "book".

It was a good quick read. I prefered the first story over the second.