Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Winning with Difficult People (Business Success (Kogan Page))
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 12, 2001
I initially bought this book for my husband, who was having a difficult time at work with his boss. My husband has huge praises for the book and now that I have finished reading it, I've come to understand why. Arthur and Dayle have managed to consolidate and present strategies on how to deal with difficult people in a handy and easy-to-read book. Even if you don't find time to read, you can easily read some pages on the way to work in the train. A questionaire helps you to identify what type of person you are, and explains the different personality types, helping you to see why yome people react in certain ways. You will realise eventually why you seem to always clash with a certain personality group. This book gives you tips on how you can handle 'difficult' people and helps you to have a clearer picture of yourself. For all you know you may be the S.O.P. (Source Of Pain) that others are experiencing!!
on April 17, 2002
This is the one to read. I even gave it to my husband to read. Easy to read. I read it in 2 hours. This book gave me the reasons people act the way they do. Then it gave me a way to talk to those kinds of people.
on June 21, 2015
This is my third copy - I love this book, it has even helped my marriage. Problem is that everytime I lend the book out - people refuse to return it and pretend they can't find the book - it is that good.
on May 25, 2013
At 5/25/13, this book only had 5 reviews. Mine will be number 6. This book was originally published in 1991 apparently. I just don't know why this book seems to have missed popular radar. I'm surprised because it imparts some wise strategies for use on a variety of difficult types of people. Warning though: the tips will mostly only be useful to you if you're OVER your difficult people (meaning, you're their manager.) The tips in this book will not give much help if it's your boss whose the difficult person or it's your coworkers who are the difficult people. Also, the authors upfront give one of the most honest portrayals of how human beings behave in opposition to each other. They also acknowledge that the concept of the angry boss has been glorified by mass media. This explains why hot heads at work are oddly revered rather than reprimanded. This is a short read too. A fun read. They don't go on and on explaining concepts and histories. They cut to the chase pretty quick with constructive steps you can take to cope with the wackos at work. They put some amusing illustrations in there also. Get this one. It's good. It's better than a lot of the longer and more popular books I've read about dealing with difficult people.
on March 27, 2013
This was a great book. Short and to the point. Gave many tips on how to deal with those "difficult people". I realized that I can be a bit difficult too :)
on August 9, 2005
A good light read on personality typing within the work world.
Once you figure out what type you are, you can figure out where you are welcome.The book has testing and is a composite read on basic personality theory.
on October 10, 1997
I picked up this book because of the title and price. Excellent source of support for managing projects with cross functional teams. I am planning on buying for the team as a team building session. Quick and easy to read with helps tremendously....