To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Winning the Job Game: The New Rules for Finding and Keeping the Job You Want Paperback – September 6, 2002
Top 20 lists in Books
View the top 20 best sellers of all time, the most reviewed books of all time and some of our editors' favorite picks. Learn more
From the Back Cover
Succeeding in your professional life is like winning the big game; your talent will be wasted if you don’t have the strategy to go with it and the fearlessness to score when you get the chance. And, of course, it doesn’t hurt to have a great coach.
Syndicated business columnist Carol Kleiman–known nationwide as "The Career Coach"–here provides the rules for getting ahead whether the economy is up or down. Winning the Job Game gives you the expert advice and the vital knowledge to land your ideal job and climb the promotion ladder. If you’re worried about keeping your job in tough times, she’ll show you how to avoid the ax during layoffs. If you just lost your job, she’ll help you get back in the game. With this expert professional resource, you’ll be able to:
- Deal with the changing job market
- Find out where the best jobs are, what they pay, and what skills you need
- Market yourself and research potential employers
- Design the perfect resume and write the ideal cover letter for any job
- Land the best interviews and blow away the competition
- Utilize top-notch online resources
- Use headhunters and temp work to your advantage
- Maximize your skills and increase your value with continuing education
- Balance your professional and personal lives
So get off the bench and use your skills to achieve your goals. All it takes is a little hard work, enthusiasm, and the encouragement of a good coach. With Winning the Job Game you’ll be doing your victory dance in no time.
About the Author
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
I really appreciate the insights and advice that this book presents. Whether you are currently looking for a new job or you want to find a job that better fits your skills, this book is for you.
The information on the salaries and skills needed for the top jobs makes this book an indispensable resource. It is simply the best job/career book out there!