Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 10, 2007
My wife and I play scrabble regularly. We started using Super Scrabble instead of the standard game a couple of years ago and reallly love it. The only problem was that since the game is twice the size of the original scrabble, it took us more than one sitting to finish a game. The standard flat board was easily bumped and often our games were ruined by someone bumping the board. I even contacted the Scrabble people to see if I could get a deluxe board (with the rails) 2 years ago and was told that it was not being made...
and NOW here it is. no more ruined games from someone bumping the board!
We love the Deluxe game.
Only (minor) problem is the seam where the board folds does not always lie flat so the letters in that column can move around.
all in all, a wonderful addition to the scrabble game.
22 comments|144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 10, 2007
If you like scrabble you will LOVE Super Scrabble. More tiles and larger game board allows you to spell bigger words for bigger points! Please note however that the game takes twice as long because of the 200 letter tiles as opposed to the 100. The deluxe edition features a rotating board but it is not on a turntable. It is set with ball bearings allowing it to turn on a stable hard surface. Just don't set on anything you don't want to have scratched. Highly recommend.
on October 19, 2007
If you like and enjoy regular Scrabble, you will love Super Scrabble. But - be sure to get the deluxe version because the regular Super Scrabble lacks the much-needed raised grid. Turntable is a little funky, but it's still great fun to play.
on September 11, 2008
I gave this to my mother as a gift. After she took it on a trip to my sister's, they recommended I return it. The board folds in half, unlike the Deluxe Edition of the regular Scrabble game. The board is flimsy and didn't lay flat along the fold line, so the letters wouldn't lie flat. I was disappointed, to say the least. We love playing Scrabble, so my gripe is only about the board quality.
on May 25, 2007
I played this game while visiting my Aunt and Uncle in FL and we had so much fun that I had to buy it when I got back to NY. The only problem I had was that the fold on the board doesn't allow the letters there to lay flat.
on November 30, 2007
This Super Scrabble with its extra letters (total 200) add a lot of extra fun to this game. The base which is a turntable is a little disappointing and I usually use another turntable under it. Otherwise it is quite entertaining and more exciting than scrabble with the usual number of letters.
on September 13, 2007
I highly recommend this game for anyone that loves Scrabble and is very patient. Having twice as many letters as the original board can result in some rather long games depending on the rules you use. I would recommend the deluxe version over the regular because of the grid spaces. The only thing I was slightly disappointed by was the quality of the board. I don't know how the regular Scrabble Deluxe board is but this one is 100% plastic and just doesn't feel like the Scrabble board I am used to (the original).
on July 23, 2008
Really enjoyed having twice the letters and space. The black letters on the natural wood tiles are easier for me to read than the gold on maroon tiles. The additional bonus squares boost the high score possibilities. The hinges on the board are weak. The roller bearings allow the board to swivel on smooth surfaces and catch on uneven surfaces. I also miss the having the letter count on the tile holder. With careful use, Super Scrabble Deluxe Edition is a great educational game. Math, spelling, logic and memory skills are constantly used. I recommend the Scrabble dictionary and the Webster's dictionary to develop skills and knowledge.
on December 4, 2007
I saw this and knew I had to get it for my boyfriend and his family, as Scrabble is all we do when we go there. It's a lot of fun with the extra tiles, but the game took over three hours to play! Plus, since the board folds, the tiles don't lay exactly flat in the middle of the board. It can rotate, which is great, but I wish it had a raised turntable like original Scrabble Deluxe. It was a bit hard to manuever on a plastic tablecloth. But, if you're ready for a night long game of Scrabble, this is the way to go!!!
on August 10, 2008
If you and your group are avid Scrabble players, you need this version!Super Scrabble Deluxe Edition
The larger board presents a unique set of tactical options: more squares, more and different bonus squares, more turns to play, more chances to get Q, W, X, Z, Y, more chances to get a tray of nothing but vowels or consonants.
The ball-bearing undercarriage works best on a firm matte finish, like a tablecloth or leather over wood.
The raised grid makes moving the board, on its ball-bearings, resistant to tile slide.

Although not as beautiful as the Onyx or Franklin Mint editions, this Super Deluxe edition is a great way to PLAY [9 points].