Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

on September 24, 2007
Overall it's a fun cube to have, especially if you are a Rubik's cube junkie. The fact that is almost transparent enables you to see how it works from the inside. This alone is a cool feature.

However, it doesn't follow the Rubik's cube "color positioning standard":
Yellow opposite to White,
Blue opposite to Green and
Red opposite to Orange.

I don't know if my cube is an isolated case, but in mine, White is opposite to Blue and Green is opposite to Yellow. I didn't notice this until I solve it for the first time. This is not a tragedy, but it would've been nice to match all my cubes in the same way.

The ice-like stand is also very cool. It gives it a very nice look and feel to it.

It moves nice and it looks better. If you have the other cubes (3x3, 4x4 and 5x5), it's a great way to complete the set.
33 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2007
I have lots of 3x3 cubes and can take them apart and put them back together with out too much trouble. I got two of these 2x2 cubes for my kids (10 and 7). The 10 year old can solve the 3x3 in a minute or two, and figured out the 2x2 in a few days. The problem is, both of them broke apart in no time at all. It just popped out into a bunch of pieces. I went on-line to youtube and found a video that shows you how to reassemble it. Problem is, I couldn't get the last piece back it. I tried for about half an hour. Now I have two broken cubes. They should not come apart that easy. I'm going to try and find a "original" 2x2 and see if that one is made better.
on November 21, 2011
The Rubik's Ice Cube 2x2x2 is a fairly cool looking cube. It has an iceberg stand and looks interesting sitting on your shelf. Unfortunately this is really the only good thing about it. The plastic from which it's made is not particularly strong and tends to crack if any part of the cube catches while you're turning it. Turning is god-awful at best. I even lubricated mine using a leading brand of high-viscosity silicone lubricant, and it's still horrible. I may as well have lubricated it with gravel. Corner cutting ability is ZERO. If you attempt any corner cutting whatsoever, this thing will likely shatter. Not just pop, the cubes will most likely splinter apart as well. I have heard (but not personally experienced) that the core is also fairly brittle and pieces can easily break off internally. Lastly, the color scheme is a non-standard white-opposite-blue, green-opposite-yellow. However seeing as trying to speed solve this cube would end in catastrophe, this is a fairly minor point.

Bottom line, if you're a huge puzzle collector then this might be something you will want to add to your collection. However if you're in the market for a transparent 2x2x2 cube for solving, there are far better alternatives on the market.
on January 3, 2011
Literally, within seconds after opening this, it crumbled in my hands. It isn't possible to put back together, as you'd have to have 5 hands to hold pieces in place while trying to replace the tiny pieces in the center - just kept crumbling. Amazon is refunding the purchase.
on May 21, 2008
I bought this product for my son who enjoys solving the Rubik's cube. This toy lasted about an hour. It literally fell apart. I reassembled it and it subsequently fell apart again. I carefully examined the toy to see if it was broken but all the parts were perfectly fine. Bad design I guess. Anyway, not a very durable toy and not recommended.
on July 18, 2008
I don't know why, but this Ice Cube was fun for a little bit until I realized that I was already an experienced Cuber.

If you want to play with this cube, it is recommend it to start this first. If you go from the 3X3 to 2X2, youll only find it is slightly faster (but is hard to move it it's not that durable) and less interesting than the 3x3. I recommend it for first time cubers, but maybe not for the already kind of cubers.
on July 5, 2008
I loved the cube itself, it just happened to be very hard to turn and it ended up breaking because it got stuck and I tried to turn it the opposite way in hopes of undoing what had happened. It was definitely a lot of fun though, while it lasted. :D
on January 29, 2012
This is the stickiest cube of all the ones I have, including three 3x3s and a 4x4. Really annoying to turn unless completely aligned and even then it feels weird. Not the most durable either; feels like it will break any time. So I just don't use it anymore.
on March 30, 2008
I am 9 years old and can solve a 3x3 consistently in under 2 minutes and I can solve this cube in about 58 sec they are equaly difficult. It moves fine and is very durable. Its very fun to use.
on February 11, 2009
Awesome, Best cube ever buy it now great right out of the box. pre lubed awesome!