If you're looking for that extra "edge" when you speak, sell, present or connect in a business presentation or meeting environment to build rapport, persuade and sell more effectively with confidence and authenticity, then "Winning Presence for Business Presenters" belongs in your business book library.

What's in this book isn't theory - it contains over 25...
Published 22 months ago by Michael A. Koenigs

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good ideas
This book has some good ideas, although I felt there wasn't a lot new that I haven't found in other communication type books. A worthwhile read though.
Published 19 months ago by M Weston

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book to develop your "personal power" and charisma to be memorable and have impact for both men and women, November 3, 2012
This review is from: Winning Presence for Business Presenters (Kindle Edition)

What's in this book isn't theory - it contains over 25 years of experience, training, speaking and teaching to tens of thousands of people and hard work that Dean has learned "the hard way."

I know - because I've watched Dean evolve and grow his unique, intuitive, organic and authentic system since the day we met in the late 1980's.

More importantly - I've seen it work with my own eyes and Dean has irrefutable proof that his techniques are effective because the clients he's been coaching have closed over $2 billion dollars in business with these unique and easily learnable set of skills taught by Dean.

Almost 20 years ago, I remember watching Dean make his first business presentation at a billion-dollar a year advertising agency. He stood up, froze and I watched beads of sweat start rolling down his forehead, onto his nose and audibly "splat" on his presentation notes...

That's when I remember Dean making a vow to himself that day to NEVER let that happen again. He was terrified to speak and present - even though he had something great to share and deliver.

Full disclosure: I've known Dean for 25 years, we met through a roommate when I was in my early 20's. We became best friends, then business partners and after ten years, we sold our company "Digital Cafe" and used some of the proceeds of the business sale to make a feature film together. Then we went our separate ways to pursue other interests and raise our families.

Over the next decade, Dean started writing films, working with actors and realized he could apply his skills as a director teaching business people how to develop "winning presence" in a way that's unique, authentic and absolutely true to who you are on a core level.

This isn't about being fake or taking on a false persona to "get what you want" or rely on manipulation or coercion. Instead it's about how to fully engage with your emotional self, connect with your "truth" and overcome fears you probably aren't conscious of that hold you back from achieving your intended outcome.

It's about cultivating your personal charisma and learning how to build chemistry with an individual or group - and being memorable too. People will always remember the individual with the strong "personal power" and "connection chemistry" - and look up to them as a leader.

One thing you'll realize quickly is Dean is a master storyteller. Dean "had me at hello" the first time we met because he is an emotional, engaging presenter and and always communicates from his heart. Dean started developing many of his storytelling and presentation skills at an early age - he and his brother Jon produced five feature-length science fiction movies before they graduated from college! And for any film buffs, they were all shot on Super 8mm - you know, back in the olden days...

Dean's storytelling skills will quickly "rub off on you" - and if you want to be entertained and educated by one of the nicest and kindest men in the business world who's also effective, you can't go wrong with this book.

He's all heart - and like his clients and customers, you'll fall in love with him because he's charismatic and doesn't compromise who he is to be effective.

I think of Dean's work as a form of "time compression" - why not get 25 years of hard-earned knowledge and know-how from an effective teacher...for a couple of bucks that can dramatically change your career and your life? Especially from a guy who had to get there by really going on a personal journey that forced him to face his deepest fears of rejection - with sweat dripping down his nose!

Meet Dean Hyers. A great man who changed my life - and after 25 years, he's still a great friend, someone I'll enjoy growing old with. He's raw, real and I can promise you, this book is a bargain.

Push that pretty orange "Buy" button on this page right now and you'll be well on your way to developing your own "Winning Presence" in a couple of minutes :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Results!, October 30, 2012
This review is from: Winning Presence for Business Presenters (Kindle Edition)
The information in this book truly takes the mystery and anxiety out of how to be a good presenter. It provides you with techniques that are easy to understand and can be implemented immediately. These techniques and tips aren't just for business presenting; they can be used in all areas of your life. Anyone would benefit from reading this book. It would even help students present projects or perform better in class. I personally have always had trouble with public speaking - even speaking in front of small groups of colleagues. This book helped me immensely and increased my comfort and confidence not only in public and workplace speaking and presenting, but in other types of communication in my life as well. I highly recommend it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book And Using the Knowledge Gained From It This Week, November 1, 2012
This review is from: Winning Presence for Business Presenters (Kindle Edition)
What Dean has written is amazing and crazy useful. I've been doing more video in my business and even speaking from stages from time to time. This book has really helped me control how I present myself. If you do any speaking or video, I highly recommend this book for you.

Dean and Pete know their stuff. I still can't believe that they have even heped teach undercover government agents how to control how they present themselves using the techniques talked about in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for anyone presenting - regardless of audience size, May 4, 2014
This review is from: Winning Presence for Business Presenters (Kindle Edition)
Most everyone will end up making some kind of presentation or pitch - even if it's to win the heart of someone you love. Dean Hyers does a great job helping you make a convincing case, building your chops, raising your confidence, and preparing you for your like, act I, scene I, Success Starts Here. It's not just about presenting a "pitch". It's really about being ready, at any moment, to put your best foot forward rather than in your mouth.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for any professional serious about being an effective communicator., February 21, 2013
This review is from: Winning Presence for Business Presenters (Kindle Edition)
I had the opportunity to see Dean do a presentation while I was at a conference in San Diego. I was immediately impressed with the poise and command that he had on stage. It doesn't matter what level of presenter you are, Dean's book, Winning Presence, will arm you with useful tools to polish your presentation skills.

The book is filled with easy to understand and easy to use techniques that one can employ immediately to their performance. Particularly useful are exercises to increase the connection with the audience though the use of emotion in both movement and speech. Also, important in effective presentation is the development of a story that puts both you and the audience into the context of what you are trying to communicate.

I employed a number of the techniques described in this book into my next presentation and immediately felt a significant increase in audience energy, attentiveness, and participation. This is a must read for any professional serious about being an effective communicator!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for the mortified speaker, February 12, 2013
This review is from: Winning Presence for Business Presenters (Kindle Edition)
I saw Dean do a presentation about the techniques in his book, and they are absolute gold for those who have a fear of public speaking. So many books tell you what it takes to be a good speaker, but this is the first one I've seen that provides specific techniques to address the fear of public speaking that so many of us have.

Three nuggets that were of utmost value that Dean covers:

1. That heart-pounding you get as you walk on stage? That is GOOD. Harness it into creating excitement about your topic, instead of trying to control it or limit it.

2. Make connections with the audience by saying 1 sentence to a specific person in your audience, Then make eye contact with another person and say the next person.

3. Fast/Slow. In addition to making eye contact with one person, alternate the speed of your sentences to create variety and dynamism in your presentation. Slow doesn't mean dragging your words out, but adding larger gaps of time between your words.

As a public speaker myself, This is a book I wish came out 20 years ago. This is fantastic stuff Dean!

5.0 out of 5 stars Defines how to set emotions in people instead of react to them., February 11, 2013
Mark (Spokane Valley, WA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Winning Presence for Business Presenters (Kindle Edition)
I have been in sales for more than 10 years. I have read about 100 books on the subject. To this day I have not found another book aside from the Holy Bible that can teach anyone how to methodically set the presence in a relationship to anything you want. I have tried these principles that are taught in the book and they work. If you are in sales or deal with people and you want to have a positive happy relationship with your referral sources and business partners I cannot recommend more highly any other book aside from the Holy Bible. This will surely open your eyes to the nature of the human and how to effectively deal with others in the most efficient way.

5.0 out of 5 stars What Books On Speaking Never Tell You, January 12, 2013
This review is from: Winning Presence for Business Presenters (Kindle Edition)
Here is stuff I've been waiting on forever! The HOW of coming across as authentic, including when you're scared to death. I would love to know how spies put the training to use! (Too bad they are probably not in a position to reveal that!)

To be "ON", (onstage, or on camera), when you are used to being safely anonymous, obviouly requires a special communications arsenal. Dean Hyers lets us in the stagedoor and presents us non-stage folks with that arsenal so you and I can speak genuinely and convincingly to whomever needs our message. (Or is forcing it out of us.)

We learn to hit a ball, make tea, drive a tank (okay, if you don't drive a tank, yet, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it--right after spy school!). No perspiration--we can shine as presenters, too! I am practising up, all the while hoping I am never mistakenly captured for a you-know-what! But if I HAVE to talk at gunpoint,I plan to have some kind of coaching feed from Dean Hyers coming in one ear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written great story, November 28, 2012
This review is from: Winning Presence for Business Presenters (Kindle Edition)
Easy read with lotsa good stuff I got the video series to a very good combo. Looking forward to the next one

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and thorough training book on presentations., November 26, 2012
This review is from: Winning Presence for Business Presenters (Kindle Edition)
A very helpful book to create dynamic presence by helping improve your presentation style at any and all levels. Practical and unique advice sprinkled with real world examples.

Rate and Discover Movies