5.0 out of 5 stars the book is always on my bedside table.....
Just one of those books that reaches out to you effortlessly when you are reflecting about various the issues of life .... the well presented chapters make one think twice and then again ... it's like Ron is talking to his reader ... every time I read this book there is something new ....
Published on November 19, 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible
The cover was plastified and with spots, this was known and not a problem.
But, on page 31 to 78 is a giant brown spot ca 15 cm in diameter. As I just now see the spot has been getting somewhat less. Maybe this means something has happened during transport. The packing was in tact though.
Friendly greetings. Mariet Wijnen
Published 2 months ago by M. Wijnen

5.0 out of 5 stars the book is always on my bedside table....., November 19, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Winning Through Enlightenment (Mastery of Life) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, October 20, 2006
The other day a friend asked me what was the most significant book I had read in my life....THIS IS IT. Smothermon's book is certainly not mainstream, and it contains the most densely packed wisdom of what life is about that I know of. Over the years, I have recomended this book to MANY people, and the feedback is fantastic. Get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Winning through Enlightenment, February 24, 2000
I beleive this book awakened my once dormant spirit. It opened up my mind, and the once difficult events in my life now appear to me as simple processes for learning. I have given copies to all my friends. Beautiful Book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Step by Step Enlightenment!!, December 14, 2007
I did the est training in 1981 and had the experience of my mind shutting off and discovering that who I am is not my thoughts but the witness to my thougts. That's a start. Now comes the work. After that experience what became available was the possibility of watching your "mind" react to your day to day experiences and seeing that what you thought was a "real" reaction was just that, a mind reaction that you no longer had to follow. You could now look in the moment and see what was really wanted and needed. This book presents many concepts, like jealousy, and gives you an enlightened perspective that is very to the point and impactful. You can not go wrong in buying this book and absorbing what is in it. In fact, to fully absorb everything presented in this book and make it your own, so to speak, can take many years. Really! The stuff is that dense. If you are into expanding your awareness of yourself and how you percieve reality then this is a must read. Combine this with The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle for some real insights. Be aware that your "mind"/thought system will want to be right about how it has been percieving things and it is those reactions that you are confronting with this material.

5.0 out of 5 stars A primer on growth and development., October 26, 1998
By A Customer
Great tool for those beginning a serious exploration of themselves and their role in creating their own personal realities. A must-read for those seeking self-evolution and personal excellence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unsung classic -- Tells it like it IS!, June 15, 2003
Michael Lara (Berkeley, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
I have read Dr. Smothermon's "Enlightenment" book many times and also pull it down from time to time to savor his dynamic writing style: 2-3 page chapters just sock it to you and move on. To the point. He describes the way the world ( and that includes us ) works and if you pay attention, are patient and read (and re-read) it with an open mind you will get a lot of great insights to chew on. I've read his other books and they are also good, but this one, for me, is the classic. Thanks Ron!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, February 10, 2010
Excellent - does not get any better than this in the world of Enlightenment! Very well written for such a hard subject to write about. It is the Bible of Enlightenment books to me! This is my second copy; in fact the people whom I lend it to like to lend it to others and therefore I had to buy a second copy! it replaces many other books on the subject easily. There is nothing that I am aware of that is any better.

5.0 out of 5 stars An old friend, August 18, 2001
"msdyno" (St. Petersburg, Fl United States) - See all my reviews
I have had this book since it was first published in 1980. It is truly an old friend. When I need to be reminded of life, or need some good advise for a friend I always find myself pulling this book off the shelf. It is one of those books that you can open any chapter, and it is meaning full in your life.I think everyone needs at least one on their shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laser-like focus and simplicity., June 16, 2011
Scarcely a wasted syllable in this wisdom-filled gem. Funny, blunt, no baloney. If you have done the Landmark Forum you will especially appreciate this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Luminosity between two covers., January 31, 2014
This book is beyond mere praise. It is the loving teaching of a consciousness that has transcended the prison of our conditioned mind. It is a gospel of hope for those of us who wish to change the current paradigm by learning how to change ourselves. Words cannot express the deep gratitude I and my family feel for the gift of these teachings from Ron Smothermon. We love you.

Winning Through Enlightenment (Mastery of Life)
Winning Through Enlightenment (Mastery of Life) by Ron Smothermon (Paperback - Sept. 1979)
Used & New from: $27.99