Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Winning Through Enlightenment (Mastery of Life)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on November 19, 1999
Just one of those books that reaches out to you effortlessly when you are reflecting about various the issues of life .... the well presented chapters make one think twice and then again ... it's like Ron is talking to his reader ... every time I read this book there is something new ....
on October 20, 2006
The other day a friend asked me what was the most significant book I had read in my life....THIS IS IT. Smothermon's book is certainly not mainstream, and it contains the most densely packed wisdom of what life is about that I know of. Over the years, I have recomended this book to MANY people, and the feedback is fantastic. Get it.
on December 14, 2007
I did the est training in 1981 and had the experience of my mind shutting off and discovering that who I am is not my thoughts but the witness to my thougts. That's a start. Now comes the work. After that experience what became available was the possibility of watching your "mind" react to your day to day experiences and seeing that what you thought was a "real" reaction was just that, a mind reaction that you no longer had to follow. You could now look in the moment and see what was really wanted and needed. This book presents many concepts, like jealousy, and gives you an enlightened perspective that is very to the point and impactful. You can not go wrong in buying this book and absorbing what is in it. In fact, to fully absorb everything presented in this book and make it your own, so to speak, can take many years. Really! The stuff is that dense. If you are into expanding your awareness of yourself and how you percieve reality then this is a must read. Combine this with The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle for some real insights. Be aware that your "mind"/thought system will want to be right about how it has been percieving things and it is those reactions that you are confronting with this material.
on February 24, 2000
I beleive this book awakened my once dormant spirit. It opened up my mind, and the once difficult events in my life now appear to me as simple processes for learning. I have given copies to all my friends. Beautiful Book!
on October 26, 1998
Great tool for those beginning a serious exploration of themselves and their role in creating their own personal realities. A must-read for those seeking self-evolution and personal excellence.
on January 26, 2013
Complex ideas presented in a format that makes them accessible and easy to apply. I don't know how to explain the value of this book. It taught me the difference between judgementalness and good-judgement. Just that difference has changed my life.
It taught me to let my parents be right. That changed my relationships. It taught me that people will take advantage of me, but to love anyway. That changed my heart.
I am confident that you will find your own answers in its pages.
on December 15, 2013
Smotherman is concise; he gives everything the reader needs to understand and apply in just a few pages which he calls a chapter. That's the kind of conservation in writing that one gets only from an expert in the field -- in brief, the man knows what he is talking about, so he get's right to the point. No rambling, no beating around the bush, no flowery descriptives and examples! He tells the reader exactly what he needs to hear -- even if it is not what he may want to hear. I am a retired licensed mental health professional -- and have given copies of this book to countless clients over the years -- it has always helped them.
on June 15, 2003
I have read Dr. Smothermon's "Enlightenment" book many times and also pull it down from time to time to savor his dynamic writing style: 2-3 page chapters just sock it to you and move on. To the point. He describes the way the world ( and that includes us ) works and if you pay attention, are patient and read (and re-read) it with an open mind you will get a lot of great insights to chew on. I've read his other books and they are also good, but this one, for me, is the classic. Thanks Ron!
on February 10, 2010
Excellent - does not get any better than this in the world of Enlightenment! Very well written for such a hard subject to write about. It is the Bible of Enlightenment books to me! This is my second copy; in fact the people whom I lend it to like to lend it to others and therefore I had to buy a second copy! it replaces many other books on the subject easily. There is nothing that I am aware of that is any better.
on August 18, 2001
I have had this book since it was first published in 1980. It is truly an old friend. When I need to be reminded of life, or need some good advise for a friend I always find myself pulling this book off the shelf. It is one of those books that you can open any chapter, and it is meaning full in your life.I think everyone needs at least one on their shelf.