5.0 out of 5 stars Très Chic
I purchased this product for use as a bed tray and as a floor-tray, meaning- sometimes I would sit on my floor (Hey, it's clean!) and want to have dinner without it becoming an utter mess.

This product is absolutely perfect for my needs. It doesn't take up too much room when you fold it and put it away, so that's nice,
The legs aren't floppy or anything,...
Published 23 months ago by E. Gat

2.0 out of 5 stars Wood Bed Tray
Published on July 14, 2012 by Pompano Shelli

2.0 out of 5 stars Wood Bed Tray, July 14, 2012
This review is from: Winsome Wood Benito Bed Tray with Curved Top, Foldable Legs (Kitchen)
I am happy to give this review as a place to vent my disappointment on a much needed bed tray due to a broken foot. For the item being as pricey as it was and the reviews being good I couldn't wait for it to arrive. It was a dark colored attractive wood but NOT functional! When the legs fold out they don't stay out, they collapse back in. It has made it very difficult for me to use as I always have to make sure by holding the legs all the time so it won't dump my meal in my lap! So, when you purchase a bed tray make sure that the legs 'stay out' when the need to.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, not sure how stable, March 4, 2010
I was extremely pleased at how quickly this item arrived given the other review. The dark wood is quite attractive and makes it look much more expensive than it is. The product comes fully assembled which is handy. My only negative is that the base of the tray is much thinner than I expected--really just a piece of plywood surrounded by a thicker frame. Thus, while I don't feel too nervous using it as a breakfast tray or in-bed work station, I'm careful not too carry it around too heavily loaded. Nonetheless, the price was great for a nice-looking, functional piece.

2.0 out of 5 stars Functional, made cheaply, yet expensive, February 1, 2011
It is perfectly functional and should handle heavy plates, but I wouldn't recommend more than 2 lbs (0.9 kg). Overall, it feels cheap and the wood is very thin. The legs fold underneath the tray, but they had no locking mechanism and so it was not made to be transported or stored in any other orientation as the legs would too easily fall out. I paid $23 + shipping, but I would rate it to be worth $15. I ended up shopping around again and decided to pay more for an Acacia Tray Square from a local home/kitchen store - and it was well worth it even though it's not meant as a raised bed tray. I don't recommend this since the quality is so low yet the price is higher than $15.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wobbly, February 25, 2014
Purchased tray table for hubby after total shoulder replacement. The legs didn't stay in place either up or extended. After a couple close calls, I returned it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Très Chic, December 31, 2012

The legs aren't floppy or anything, they definitely hold up even when my little dog jumps around it as if he was trying to trip it over,
It's wide enough to hold up a drink and food, and even something extra. You can really serve someone an indulging breakfast in bed with this thing,
It's not tall enough to serve as a little table if I'm sitting with my legs crossed ("indian-style")- then I would drop whatever's on it, so it's definitely not for that. But I can absolutely put my legs under it regularly and it's definitely tall enough.

The most important thing you probably want to know about is how this product actually looks in real life:
This product looks just like the picture. You might say it's a big more dark-dark-brown than pitch-back, but like many things that involve colors and hues, it's pretty debatable.

It looks very chic and fancy, like it's very heavy weight, thought it's not too heavy to hold (I wouldn't hold it with just my finger, but it's absolutely manageable, and I'm very small and weak, so it's not at all too-heavy)

Hope I helped you figure this one out
I enjoy this product thoroughly. It does what it's meant to do the best way possible, and with some household chic added to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like it!, June 17, 2014
My husband needs to eat in his easy chair, and the legs fit in the recliner easily. We put Velcro on the legs to make them stay up when needed. Nice quality. After two years they still look good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bigmama, June 4, 2011
This was better than I expected. It is heavy duty and rather pretty when set up. I have found many uses for it besides just serving food on it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the money, January 25, 2013
FH (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I've always wanted one of these... you always see them on TV... and when I saw some displayed at Crate and Barrel for $70+ I REALLY wanted to get one but just couldn't justify it. So I turned to Amazon to see if they had a cheaper alternative, and was happy to find this Benito Bed Tray.

What I like about this one compared even to the CB ones is that it has handles so you can easily move it from the kitchen to the bedroom.

The legs fold up into the tray and you could use it as a plain serving tray also. I keep it in on my bar with the legs folded in when I'm not using it.

The legs could have a stronger hold... you have to be careful when you set it up and make sure it's stable because you don't want the legs falling and your food getting all over your bed! But for the price, I'm not complaining.

The color is, as others have described, a rich cherry wood rather than a black. A lovely color but make sure that is what you are looking for.

I also looked around and this sells for much more everywhere else, so Amazon is the place to get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Addition to Any Room, July 27, 2011
We got this product to keep on top of our huge ottoman as it was taking up to much space to keep a coffee table in the center of our living space. With this on top of the ottoman, the ottoman became our coffee table. And, it's easily removed to turn the ottoman into a foot rest. It's a great addition to the room. It gives it a nice touch and I also like to bring it into the bedroom and rest my laptop on it when I watch movies. I love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, January 7, 2012
my boyfriends obsessed with this breakfast in bed table, he never has to sit awkwardly to eat in front of the tv now!